Agnostic.com
3 1

I have been heavily involved with #Twitter for some time. Muskrat's irresponsible administration of the place disgusts me. Where should I start-

I'm getting a sore finger blocking right-wing trolls & bots

I've lost followers & my tweets are not getting the distribution they used to. Muskrat said, "People have freedom of speech, but not freedom of reach". I refuse to participate in Muskrat's $8 a month extortion racket, & believe I am being shadowbanned. Perhaps I called Muskrat an a**hole too many times.

I am running into weird , frustrating technical glitches since Muskrat fired the people who knew the TechStack & could fix problems.

Twitter used to be the place where the Cool Kids hung out--the journalists, politicians, influencers in their community, but now most of them are decamping to other sites.

I"ve explored many of those sites--TribelSocial, CounterSocial, Reddit, Mastodon, & on the waiting list for the new one, Post.News

These sites seem dorkey, as they have a cluttered interface, mostly because of the Tweetdeck system some of them use. The folks at Reddit seem rather prissy about what can be posted. I'm used to slash & burn on Twitter & have savaged many right wing fools. Mastodon seems interesting, but getting used to that open source multi-server system based on Linux seems a challenge.

I also post on Substack & Medium, distribute links, & plan to spend a lot more time there.

In desperation, I went back to Facebook. There are privacy concerns with FB, but is you use a screen handle & not your real name, don't say where you worked or went to school, use a good VPN & don't reveal your location, don't publish pictures of yourself or anyone you know, use a computer generated avatar, don't give them your contact list & communicate with your friends only through screen handles, & take precautions to not reveal any Personal Identifying Information, you should be OK. But make sure those friends are privacy aware & quickly unfriend anyone who isn't

I contact them through the Tor enabled private window in the Brave Browser followed by Startpage.com parlayed with DuckDuckGo.com

I've learned a lot on Twitter about how to write concisely & use graphics, but right now I am a Twitter Refugee wandering alone in Cyberspace

Remiforce 7 Dec 23
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1

sounds like you might need an Actual productive hobby...i am exhausted just reading your post!

AnneWimsey Level 9 Dec 23, 2022
2

Fuck Twitter. I love seeing that piece of shit site take a nosedive. Hope it fails completely or at least is reduced to a flaming pile of shit where only racists hang out. You should quit now so it's your choice before you get banned.

2

Why be a twit at all? Meta is just as bad,. Ask yourself do you really need approval from A.I bots , Trolls, strangers and no accounts?
There some excellent forums, but better still is communicating with friends and family directly.
I used to be in farcebook to get the european uncensored news and found, from my relatives living there, that a lot of what was true in farcebook and youtube was Bullshit in reality. I have now found that phone calls and emails work well for me.
I also email scientists direct with queries and find I get truth as they see, it and as a rule, they are more than happy to explain their findings if you show genuine interest.