Agnostic.com
5 5

I have been away a while. Started dating but no sure where it's heading at this point. Thought we did even to the point of moving in together. Sometimes things happen for a reason,huh?

Rose2U 7 May 28
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember when my wife Nancy got the news about her cancer. We sat in the grass outside the hospital, she wanted to talk. I remember she said I should not stay single, and that our son needed both male and female role models in his life.... And then she went ruthlessly and accurately through the list of our female friends, telling me which ones would be good choices for my next wife and which would not. She was right.... 🙂

I started dating relatively soon after Nancy passed away. Partly it was that I knew I needed help, I could not do this alone. Had some good times... made some mistakes... No big regrets.

I will say that dating as a grown-up, dating other grownups, is really nice compared to the teen years. It's so nice to date a reasonable adult who has some relationship skills and knows what she wants. And I like to imagine that I am more skilled too.

The goal or the criteria for success has changed too. It's not about whether we would have good kids together or living together for 50 years. Maybe it's not even about living together at all. For me it is very simple: Each day, does she make my life better or happier than it would be without her? That's all it takes.

ErikK Level 6 July 28, 2020

Can one say that when bad things happen? I fully believe luck has a lot to do with what people go through. In a couple of weeks it will be the 4th year since my partner died. Tried some dating sites but nothing appealed to me. Now it's just one day at a time. During these times it's especially hard to be alone but just glad things are not that bad here and I have some great friends. Still, one can hope.

JackPedigo Level 9 May 29, 2020

It seems that is all we can do, take one day at a time. 😘

@Redheadedgammy Yes, but it's so much better with a "compatible" partner. I've had failed relationships and been alone some 16 years since I left home. Also, had a wonderful partnership and guess which one was the best?

It will be 2 years in June that I lost my darling Richard. I have not had any feelings about dating. So much has been happening in my life that I just don’t have the energy to even think about dating. I guess being 65 doesn’t help either. Just not into the dating thing...best of luck to you in the crazy dating scene.😉

Seems like a lifetime doesn't it 😟

@freeofgod Yes, some days it feels like it happened so long ago, then another day feels as though it just happened and brings me to tears and longing for his touch and to hear his voice. It’s still very hard for me to be without him.😢

I don't know about that. My wife died a little over two years ago. I haven't dated anyone since. Not so much because I have anything against dating, but more that I can't find anyone that I want to be with. Not even close. I don't have any family and no kids, so I'm really alone. I keep getting the feeling that there is someone out there somewhere, but that may just be wishful thinking. But I can't shake the feeling. I'm tired of being alone, but It's beginning to look like it may be that way forever. I don't even know any single women. Yes, I have tried dating services, and all they've come up with are women in other states, which to me means that they just can't find a match for me. So at this point I go from being annoyed to downright depressed sometimes. Most of the time I'm just neutral. But it's been about three years since the last time I can remember actually being happy about anything.

Spudgun Level 7 May 29, 2020

And usually things are just random. Hope you had fun 😉

freeofgod Level 8 May 28, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 23

Photos 138 More

Posted by bookofmoronsIts been 10 years last week since I lost her. Hard to believe where that time went and yet it isn't either

Posted by RedheadedgammyToday four years ago today, at 4:15 in the morning my darling Richard passed away.

Posted by BettyEvery day. 😥

Posted by RoseyRoseToday is the anniversary of my husbands birth.

Posted by GeorgeRocheleauI know how they feel.

Posted by Sonja44All of it.

Posted by Sonja44My love would have been 61 years old today. 💔

Posted by AlchemyWow, I am grateful to find this group.

Posted by AlchemyWow, I am grateful to find this group.

Posted by Huskygirl4everToday would be our 27th anniversary it's the seventh one without you and it hurts this picture would be taken on June 12th the original date we had set for the wedding but we had to get married a ...

Posted by Huskygirl4everI remember when Norm gave this to me and the first time I ever read it I actually read my last name as Friedrich this is one of the things I will always cherish

Posted by AncientNight45 years ago, my Father told me, "Beware the Ides of March!" It was the day I got Married to my Girlfriend.

Posted by KymmacgOne of the biggest issues for me, now, even 18 years later, is the loss of life.

Posted by alonI had a nice Bacon/Cheese Omelette for my Sunday Breakfast this morning instead of my usual Eggs Benedict.

Posted by MsHolidayMemories.

Posted by MsHolidayI have chosen to place this here to let others know that we do move forward.

• Top tags#wife #friends #grief #death #cancer #video #hope #relationship #world #kids #memories #reason #widow #marriage #god #religion #weddings #children #Song #dogs #book #DonaldTrump #holiday #Christmas #parents #sleep #church #dream #religious #poetry #hospital #Friday #funeral #sex #lonely #hello #advice #coffee #dying #soul #humans #college #rain #dance #siblings #movies #faith #money #youtube #Present ...

Members 274Top

Moderators