Agnostic.com

127 19

Could you stay isolated for five days in total isolation as an asocial experiment?

This includes no contact interaction with the outside world what’s so ever. No computers, no phones.

EmeraldJewel 7 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

127 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What's the Pay? Money Talks, Bullshit Walks. When I want to do Charity I donate Time or Money to my Loved Ones.

just as long as i have the 'necessities'

Where do I sign up? I can bring my dog, right?

dkp93 Level 8 June 6, 2018

Yes! Give me some paper and pencils or books and I’m good.

I'm the reigning King of the Introverts. I could do this with my eyes closed. Or open. Or with one arm tied behind my back.

Well, I went through JEST Jungle Environment Survival Training in the Marine Corps. No problem.

If backpacking counts, I've done it a few times. I wouldn't want to be locked in a room though.

Sure. I do a lot of reading and several other things to keep me busy. Shouldn’t be a problem.

Of course

Yeah. I could keep myself busy working out, writing, reading, all sorts of other things. It would actually be a good recharge.

i am an introvert, so yeah, no problem!

I don't know. I value my alone time, but I might be trying to make friends with the cock roaches before five days of it was over.

I could easily go for 5 days (or even longer) without human contact, in person or virtual.

I couldn't do it without my computer though. I use my computer probably 75% of my waking day.

Yes, as long as I can reach the outdoors. I go nuts in a building. Even a small garden is enough.

Many elderly people do it to some extent for years. I think it’s a form of torture. I couldn’t do it for 5 days. Definitely not without my phone for podcasts, films and social media.

Livia Level 6 June 6, 2018

Yes, but not indoors. I would have to be able to get outside.

Oh dude I'd do it for nothing and no reason

I'm fine by myself, even extended periods of time. I did my stretch of job, marriage, family, etc. I know that some people require the constant interaction with others, and there is nothing wrong with that. Me? I'm perfectly comfortable with just myself. I am very versatile and can be comfortable in groups, public speaking or random encounters with strangers.

Yep. I like people but am an introvert are heart. It would be like recharging.

You know, it'd be easy to say "yeah, sure, I could do that." But the truth is I have no idea if I could. I THINK I could.

That sounds like a welcomed vacation!

I think I've probably done it or at least come close - feels that way sometimes

I can do it indoors or out, but out is much better. I've turned into a computer nerd but my ex wife said recently that she remembered that I had a "Tarzan outfit." What's that? A pair of shorts and a knife?

It would be hard, but yes. Book, games, movies if they are allowed, sleep, baking,

I would call it a vacation. A great one if I could bring my dog.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100661
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.