Agnostic.com

127 19

Could you stay isolated for five days in total isolation as an asocial experiment?

This includes no contact interaction with the outside world what’s so ever. No computers, no phones.

EmeraldJewel 7 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

127 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just no computer or phone? Yes. Just give me a book, pencil & drawing pad or any other doodad to mess with & I'd be fine. Would probably get a lot of "work" done lol

Sure, as long as I had my dogs and a few books. I've done this several times when hiking. We're not talking about a small white room (or refrigerator box) with no doors or windows, I hope. That might send about anyone over the edge.

If I had Tetris, no prob.

That a good one. I do that anyway without trying to be antisocial.

I can and I have more so than I care to admit.

That makes two of us.

Easily!

Nope. I've seen studies done about this already. They started hallucinating.

Leave the LSD home next time. Lol

@Science-guy They we're probably begging for some LSD after a couple days. ?

Absolutely! Five days is nothing.

Easily

No problem at all. I've been asocial most of my life, even when i've had to socialize as a component of my professional responsibilities. I learned to entertain myself growing up an only child, and never stopped enjoying solitude or living in my head with my imagination. LOL

If I could have books, music, movies and good food I would pay for this.

I do it most all the time as my way of life.

Oh yes no problem at all.

Can I go camping with enough food, water, gear and shelter? Yes absolutely; without a doubt.

Only 5 days? Not enough

Yes.

Etre Level 7 June 6, 2018

Sounds like bliss. Sign me up.

I believe so

I've done so on solo camping trips many times, easy.

i would love it.

Easily. Just give me books and my knitting.

I'd want to know more.

As in solitary confinement? I would rather not. But just like a 5 day vacation all alone? Hell yeah. Sounds nice!

Oh hell yes! Give me my books, some music, my projects and I will hole up and get busy. At the end of 5 days I will be refreshed, and needing someone to talk to.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100661
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.