Agnostic.com

22 7

What, not who, makes life worth living?

BrigittaCuadros 6 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Traveling and seeing as much of nature and the planet as possible. As far as I can determine, that's the only reason it's there.

As far as travelling around the world on a huge aircraft- and then staying in a five-star resort where the room temp would be the 'comfortable' same, no matter if it was on the equator or arctic, I see no progress. If you see nothing of interest in your own neighbourhood, you may not see anything away. A few miles away, U of T were doing a dig, and I asked, what they were doing. He said, "There was a Huron village here." He showed me where the posts supporting the long house had been. The spots were black from the post decay.

@Diogenes Well, let's see, the last time I was in any kind of aircraft, large or small, was in 2009, and I have never stayed at a five-star resort. I have seen much of Europe, Asia, and the Middle East because I was living and/or working there for fifteen years. As for my neighborhood (Kentucky), I often hike in Red River Gorge (about 70 miles away) or the Indian Fort/Pinnacles trails (3 miles away), for example, and I am often out photographing flowers and the drystone walls that line the roads all over the nearby bluegrass area. So I see plenty of interest in my own area. I also see plenty of interest elsewhere.

@BikerDude50 Congrats! Way to go! I know a bit of Europe- but I would like to see a little more of other cultures. It has been about 15 years since I have been in Kentucky.

@Diogenes I had a friend that used to joke he wanted to go to Japan and watch TV for a week

@btroje Ya, some joke. Go somewhere, and see nothing- then sit on the patio and drink beer for a week or two. Must not forget to complain about all the Japanese food: "Don't they have any 'real' food here?"

@Diogenes that guy was weird enough to think that was a good time

@BikerDude50 those walls have always amazed me to be standing after all this time and the wildflowers in KY are awesome. Been a while since I saw a ladyslipper

Music.

Duke Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

Yep and books...great books....

appreciation and constant discovery of the infinite variability of the natural world. sharing good will with other people

Opportunity makes life worth living. Vision makes life worth living.

1. I took the opportunity to advance my education and skills to be within that group of people that make a fare income.
  2. My vision to achieve some sort of wealth allows me to live comfortable within my retirement.

Smart. 🙂

Learning and comprehending, the appreciation of beauty in all its forms, warm human relationships, communing with nature, our successes that make a difference, treasured memories.

The hope of making the world a better place.

Sunshine

fresh air

My yard-trees, shrubs, grass, all the smells

Animals-squirrels, birds,

Hope

The future

The knowledge that I am setting an example of how to live for my children and grandchildren. It makes my day when they tell me they're proud of me for forging ahead.

Making a difference in the world, doing what I can to make it a better place.

The alternative being unknowable.

My relationships with my hubby, son, and grandchildren. My friends near and far, good conversations, and of course my dog, my health, walks, (spring, summer, and fall. Not winter!) and lots of cuddling. This list is getting long. I agree with most of what was said before me. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

Honestly, I'm not sure I know. Some days life is glorious - other days, it is a struggle to maintain equilibrium. Though all-in-all, I like being here and am not in any hurry to leave my life !

Life in general. Tho I suffer from depression, & have had bad times, when I am thinking at all rationally I realize that we are incredibly lucky to be alive (think of the odds!) & wish to love, live & learn to the fullest. When I fail to do that is when I'm hardest on myself, but I live & grow & am still a work in progress.

My job.

All the songs i haven't heard. All the booze i haven't drank. All the drugs i haven't tried. All the books i haven't read. All the movies i haven't seen. All the guitars i havent strummed. All the places i haven't been to. Just everythingin general.

As an athiest i believe that since we don't have a heaven, we have nothing to die for but everything to live for

The ability to help a friend or relative, learning something new ,my love of my dog, Traveling to a new place .Seeing my daughter healthy happy,and successful.

Every Time Someone Dies Makes Me Realize Life is Worth Living More and WIth So Much More To Do... So Many New Interesting People To Meet. Create Moments Worth Sharing and Do.

Curiosity and appetite for learning. Humor is a meaningful second place for me.

I usually just do things to keep focus off the things that bring me down, most just set goals and throw myself at em. Like right now its my college classes and working towards that goal to graduate, after that then the big goal will be finding work out west in a warmer place, after that itll be that job, and saving to go places. Till one day i become worm food naturally, hopefully with enough left, to help my kids build up their lives when i have kids. lol

Honestly video games take me out of reality when I feel hopeless and so it helps me forget what made me feel bad.

I have to go with stars. Looking up at the stars (aka suns, planets, galaxies and maybe some nebulous) on a clear dark night.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 31, 2017

Maybe?

Joy.

SamL Level 7 Dec 31, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11721
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.