Agnostic.com

42 5

Spice Rack

What is the one spice/herb in your cupboard that you reach for most often when cooking? (Salt is NOT a spice/herb)

Crimson67 8 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Black Pepper and Curry powder

Top 10 in order: Fresh ground black pepper, Garlic (minced jarred, NEVER powdered), Oregano, Creole seasoning, Cumin, Chile powder, Thyme, Dill, Saffron & Paprika.

Garlic powder

Has anyone ever used Spike? It's not my most often used, but it is my fav!!!

Either garlic or black pepper.

Oregano

Tony chachiros

Garlic as well

Cumin seed (ground fresh)!

Fresh ground Black Pepper, Fresh Garlic, Smoked Paprika, Fresh Ginger, Cumin, Fresh Basil, Ground Chipotle....and of course Old Bay (Chesapeake Bay born and bred) !!!

Paprika and garlic

Phin Level 6 July 13, 2018

Pepper. Any kind, any color.

Chicken salt. Lately I have been putting it on everything

GwenC Level 7 July 13, 2018

How 'bout seasoned salt?

Only if it's Lawry's. 🙂 Kidding. Where I live, people are addicted to Tony's.

@BlueWave I don't cook very often. Can you tell?

Oragano is one I use for poultry, beef, and lamb almost every single time. Oh thyme is another one I like. Rosemary is to herbatious for me and I can’t stand basil.

Garlic is big in my kitchen too. I never understood the concept of rubbing raw garlic on toast for garlic toast until I tried it. Only way I make buttered garlic toast now..

@Knd502 I’ve done that lots of times! Love it and use it as a spread! I want to find black garlic and roast it the same way.

@Crimson67 I’ll use rosemary in small amounts. I’m not really sure what it is about basil that I don’t like, but I can’t stand pesto because of it. Don’t do cilantro either. It taste like soap to me. I’m weird

Seasoned salt

Italian seasoning.

I use cumin and Italian seasoning most of the time

dc65 Level 7 July 12, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:129418
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.