Agnostic.com

46 7

Does it drive anybody else crazy when there is a sink full of dishes that hasn’t been cleaned for days?

I’m one of those types of people lol. I absolutely can’t stand a dirty, unorganized kitchen or place. Lol

EmeraldJewel 7 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

46 comments (26 - 46)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Im with Quentin Crisp (an Englishman in New York guy) "After three years (of no housework) it does not get any worse"

My partner and son are massively untidy. I am usually at either of my two jobs so it drives me to distraction! No point nagging just wait for a day off and clean to my little heart's content. Then I drink gin and cook #fullofgirliesuperpowers

Amisja Level 8 July 22, 2018

Kind of depends on the ratio of how depressed and/or anxious I am on a given day. The stronger the depression lean to the ratio the less I care, the more anxious the more likely I am to clean up out of need for an energy outlet, and because I cannot function in a messy kitchen, it oversaturates my peripheral senses and makes it really difficult to concentrate on a task or feel comfortable.

Which means we keep the dishes done at least 3 times a week one way or the other since I do all the cooking. Thankfully, there are teenage children in the equation half the week, so the dishes are a task that gets divided three or four ways.

I use paper plates most of the time. I will wash the pan right when I put the food on my plate or in my bowl since im cooking for one. Then wash the plate/bowl and silverware when I'm done eating.

YES! You should come over and wash them for me! jk/kk I hate doing dishes.

I used to be like you, but age means I do dishes once in a while. I always rinse food off so it doesn't smell. OLD, OLd, Old, old... 🙂

xyz123 Level 7 July 23, 2018

I wash dishes as I cook. If it's just a coffee morning, I'll rinse everything (cup, spoon) and leave it to wash after lunch. That's the only time I have dirty dishes. I helps that the living room, dining area and kitchen are one open space. No way to hide a mess.

No, because I'm single and the dishes are mine! But I have to admit I would like things to be cleaner than they are.

Using a cluttered sink as a metaphor for 'brain confusion' is appropriate and relevant. Organizing one's brain leads to organizing one's life. We can't separate one from the other since what we think creates our reality. We are as wholistic as the universe.

Yes. I hate dishes in the sink. they belong on the counter. need to use the sink for wash hands and dishes (occasionally, lol)

Especially hate when the disposer side is full; also hate cleaning dishes so I stuff the dishwasher so full it is ready to explode!

arnies Level 7 July 22, 2018

Nope. Can hit the ceiling for all I care. I have servants.

Not me, although I will clean it up in a day or two.

I'm organized but not like other people are. Often I have dirty dishes organized by the sink. When the time comes I load the dishwasher and wash them. An alternative method would be to load the dirty dishes into the dishwasher as you use them, then fire up the machine once it is full.

yes and no not so much at home but drives me crazy when i get to my sisters during week to look after her dog to find they have left all their dishes in the knowledge i will always do them

weeman Level 7 July 22, 2018

Don't to them.

I have a neighbor like that, and used to have a friend exactly like that, very disgusting

yep, someone should look to that.

Yeah it sucks when that happens

With my family it happens every day and I gett the screaming willies over it. I love a clean kitchen !

Yes, however I don't have the energy to handwash massive amounts of dishes after working a full and part time job. It really makes me feel super shitty that I struggle keeping up with basic household chores

Yup!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136779
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.