Agnostic.com

33 8

Social media - how do you use it?

I'm on Facebook primarily to stay in touch with friends and family, share interesting links, and take part in a few groups. Other than that, I spend very little time on there.

Since joining Agnostic.com in December and after taking some time to get a feel for it, I've been on here way more.

Other social media, though, I just don't get it. I had to open a Twitter account mainly for work, but never understood the allure. Same for Instagram, Tumblr, etc.

Do you use other social media, and if so how and why?

bleurowz 8 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Agnostic.com and Facebook. Tried a few others but you get conned by scammers and spammers as well as the sites themselves.

Nope-only Agnostic. com and Facebook.

To vent my anger & venom but only here. Atheists are more understanding.

I only use Facebook for family and a few friends and groups. I use Agnostic for mostly community and am open to meeting women. I use a few free dating sites for the chance of meeting women for friendship (nothing ventured, nothing gained). I use some chat programs and Apps for communication with others. I use the Internet for information and entertainment. That is the extent of my use.

facebook messenger to keep in touch with my kids and here

weeman Level 7 July 24, 2018

I go to facebook for friends and only have a small circle _ I do like to vent a bit about our current government so its a good place to get my system cleansed sometimes have a good belly laugh . I do like reading anything there by Noam Chomsky and I love all the pictures of Theresa May looking silly apart from all that I am not sure it makes me a better person - I feel more of a piece on here. More real .

jacpod Level 8 July 28, 2018

I use FB much like you do and my use of it hasn't changed. However, I spend much more meaningful time here and have made a number of connections with like-minded people here. I love this place. I'm on Instagram too, but mostly just have that feed into FB. That's about the extend of my social media activity. I have a FB business page that has been neglected for a while that I should pay some attention to. LOL!

We're on the same page. I use FB, reddit, and this site for a lot of reasons but beyond that, I'm not really interested. It's too much hopping from one site to the other and I don't take a lot of pictures aside from taking pictures of my dogs.

I use facebook for the same reasons you do. I'm on here way more than facebook, as well. I do use Instagram, because I'm very visual, and I see it as a photographic representation of my life. I don't message people on there, and only follow a few friends. I'm not on twitter, though I find quite a few funny tweets around, and share them.

Can't be arsed with anything other than Facebook, and even then it's an uneasy relationship.

To share vacation pictures mostly. Facebook and Instagram.

Have FB account, rarely visited.

EdEarl Level 8 July 24, 2018

I use facebook to keep up with family and friends from my hometown. I have Instagram but it's always the same stuff I have already seen on facebook. Twitter seems pointless to me. I have never tried Tumblr. I only interact with strangers here and on reddit.

Facebook - I don't really care for FB these days (the constant stream of garbage in my newsfeed stresses me out), but I stay on it stay connected friends and family long distance, and I do follow some pages that interest me. I also have a business page that I update very rarely. LinkedIn for work connections. Ravelry for nerding out with other crocheters and knitters. Not sure if Librarything counts, but I'm on there occasionally too. I use Flickr to document my crafting adventures. And I have a Twitter account, but I never really got into Twitter - thanks for reminding me I need to go deactivate my account.

sc62 Level 5 July 28, 2018

FB was my go to for everything. Politically I posted and read mostly negative things all day. What other mood is there during these dark times.?
Here I can pick and choose what interests me.
No one knows me either which is a huge bonus

They make it impossible to leave Facebook but very easy to get banned from Twitter like I was.
Trump seems to be a sensitive little bitch when you get close to the truth. I'm guessing.

I just have accounts bc everyone does...they are stupid and a waste of my time. Just brain numbing.

Facebook for friends and family. I have an Instagram but rarely use it. Linked in for work connections, have no real use for Twitter and have never looked at tumbler.

With care and trepidation.

I use FB to stay in touch with friends and family. I have a musician/band page on FB as well. I also use twitter. But I'm on here more than anywhere else.

Agnostic because I want to, FB because it's now become so prevalent it's hard not to, and a long running chat between 9 of us on Telegram because money. I've been recommended Reddit once or twice and taken a look but it's a bit confusing so far. What's a hashtag?

Salo Level 7 July 24, 2018

thinking
Does this here count as social media?

Yes definitely

@Salo
Crap. I must leave immediately. I don't want to be in social thingy. I'm antisocial.

I only use fb, and mostly to keep in touch with some friends and to catch clips of tv shows, as I don't have tv service.

I have 3 Facebook pages....each for a a business I own. So, I use it a lot for marketing and advertising. But I also share photos with family and friends (only 185 friends on there).

I have two Twitter accounts and two IG accounts representing 2 of the businesses....but I post maybe once every six months on them. They are just there to help get the businesses established on Google searches.....

I've never seen any point to twitter. I use instagram occasionally because it's fun to dump cool pics there. FB for finding old friends and co-workers, arguing with random people. I don't consider reddit social media, because it's mostly anonymous, but I use it a lot to stay in touch with world events.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138891
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.