Agnostic.com

36 8

What's for dinner?

Yes, I'm a little bored and hungry...

Crimson67 8 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i was going to make hamburgers, a green vegetable not yet chosen (maybe broccoli or zucchini), onions and maybe some potatoes, but we both have the runs today and just got back from urgent care, so we're now on the brat diet -- except we have no bananas, so it's the rat diet -- except i don't like applesauce so for me, the rt diet.

g

Sauteed carrots, mushrooms, onion, kale, brussel sprouts in soy sauce. Using up stock before it expires.

Is it a good idea than to ask what others eat? It would make me even more hungry. Anyway, cabbage, bell pepper, mushrooms, beans, a hand full of brown rice. I guess that's all. No meat today. Still pretty healthy I'm told.

Gert Level 7 Aug 1, 2018

Made a big stir fry, didn’t take a pick in the bowl but we had peppers, sqush, onions, mushrooms, eggplant and carrots... vegetarian stir fry sauce, tumeic, ginger, pepper and soy sauce... served with sticky rice.

Fresh cod, lentls, mushroom, quinoa, brussell sprouts in soy sauce .

Sauted onions, jalapenos and corn with rotel tomatoes and fresh steamed spinach.

Molé tempeh with yellow rice.

Molé didn't turn out as I would have hoped, anybody have a bombproof molé recipe?

Tempeh gives me trouble... I need the help with that stuff, tried to make ribs, not delicious... but it was the chef😟

Whaaa my Pokí is all gone...

Working tonight so early tea of ham salad and a bowl of cereal when I get in. Living the culinary dream this end! lol

Footy season nearly here 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 July 28, 2018

Gee @Crimson67 ... You really started a great thread here. I have not check all replies yet, maybe you have said this, not sure... What did you have for dinner??

I've just saw it few messages below.. Korean. Ok, nice !!!

Frozen fish nuggets. Found them at Trader Joe's. A throwback to my favorite fish sticks from my childhood. I make my own tartar sauce, mix mayonnaise with sweet pickle relish.

Sandwich and beer. Too hot to cook and looks to be hot till wed.

Carne asada tacos and queso fundido

Whole belly clams and avocado fries.

I love clams!

@TristanNuvo I love steamers, we used long neck clams and steamed them until they opened which did not take long.

A piece of salmon that I broiled and the toaster oven with avocado oil. Served on top of an organic salad of butter lettuce, pea greens, green onions tomatoes and cucumbers. Sprinkled with olive oil, blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing, and sea salt.

Hot dogs, fries and baked beans.

After a late lunch of leftover "carnitas fries" I'll probably have dessert for dinner. LOL!

I made some salmon with hot honey butter, oven-roasted rosemary potatoes, and sauteed zucchini and tomatoes with seasoning and a sprinkle of grated parmesan. Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. I was happy with my efforts.

I had a hard day at work. I needed a quality meal.

@seaspot_run I so understand. And I do the same sometimes.

@seaspot_run I am impressed! When I get home from work I'm happy to fix something quick and simple if I eat at all.

@HippieChick58 That is quick and simple. 🙂 35 minutes from mashing the pre-heat button to plopping it on the plate.

Everything bagel with cream cheese.
Might have some jell-o in a little while.

oats and raisins, then some tortilla chips

Chicken Divan (steamed asparagus, cubed chicken, mornay sauce, wrapped in savory crepes).

Something just like that I've done at a few places I've worked, good stuff.

Refried beans with tomatillo salsa (really hot) and quesadillas. My life is pretty simple ?

Man I love a good salsa. I've had many different kinds and have mostly liked them all. I live right next to a huge Cuban community, and there are some great places to eat at whith amazing food.

I've made quite a few different types of salsa. But my favorite has to be a pico. White onions, red and green peppers, cilantro, a little tequila, habaneros, and cumin. It's hot a fuck, but the taste is great.

@TristanNuvo yup, good stuff isn't?

@IamNobody I love to try new foods. Sometimes it just doesn't suit me. But many other times I've been amazed. I've had some great different meals over the years.
One thing I've learned from being a chef is that others in the same biz, take a little something from each other, and we willingly share what we have learned.
Something about colaberating with your peers makes you grow and be more diverse.

@TristanNuvo here is one I like because my Mom used to fix it..... Green salsa. It's really simple... Boil green tomatillos, piece of onion, green peppers (the small one, if you can find it... Not very popular in US), little bit of garlic. When done, loose the tomatillo's skin and blend it all together with (this is the key !!) a little bit if raw cilantro. Use water from the boiled stuff as needed, salt as needed. Let it blend long enough. It's ready. One variant, grill the tomatillos on a metal plate and chop it all off using a stone piece manually.... Once you start trying different portions, etc then you will find the perfect customized recipe. I am not a Chef, I am just a nobody who miss his Mom..... Enjoy

Lasagna tacos

godef Level 7 July 27, 2018

Sounds interesting!

Dijon pork chops, baked potato and a salad. Still have one left! ?

Yum, that sounds great.

Sounds great!

It was pretty good! Have the other one for tomorrow, with ginger green beans instead of the baked potato.

Not sure. I just got home from the doctor and he told me I'm borderline high cholesterol. I ask him, how can that be? I've been vegetarian most of my life. He said cut out cheese and fried food. Or perhaps it's hereditary. So now looks like a good time to try total vegan.

Don't let it get to your head. What the doctor likely won't tell you ( as they should ) is that probably is the natural process of moving forward in life. If that would've been the message then would've ease your mind....instead now your getting worried about it and that will make it worst.

@IamNobody you're probably right. I've been very nervous about having been diagnosed with cancer. Now that I'm going to traditional doctor as apposed to an alternative health practitioner, my life has totally changed. And I'm nervous about treatment. So also being put on a very restrictive diet and dealing with medical procedures has my blood pressure on the rise and this could also contribute to my cholesterol levels. Time to go make my salad.

@confidentrealm wish you will find the road to peace of mind. No one can walk in your shoes, but at least you can try to control your level of stress. Salad sounds like a good start !!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:141257
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.