Agnostic.com

57 11

Pffftttt.... there aren't enough sarcastic people here.

If I said this to you in real life, my face would look like this: 😐

I have to hold back with people who don't know me too well. My husband and I are very sarcastic. Most of my family is sarcastic.

Can you handle sarcasm? And, are you sarcastic too?

silvereyes 8 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

57 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No way?!!!

I enjoy sarcasm, and every form of wit. I write poetry, and I find that there is very little satirical poetry around. Everyone is obsessed by their own serious issues. Yawn.

I am very sarcastic, and always enjoy when it is returned

Like many things, sarcasm can be fun in measured doses, and I certainly have my moments ! But when that's the main ingredient, I find it gets old real fast.

I also want to have warmth and sincerity mixed in.

@Silvereyes I have a sarcastic sense of humor as well. No problem.

@Silvereyes I have a sarcastic sense of humor as well. No problem.

You're right

What? Sarcasm. Who the hell is sarcastic anymore? These days being contrary is the in thing.

Yes

Sarcasm orgasm!

They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...to which the best reply is ......I suit my humour to the company I keep

Are you kidding?! I come from a family of 7 kids and bantering and sarcasm were how we showed we cared. That left me for a while but it has recently resurfaced with a friend who I work with a lot. We are like Laurel and Hardy (I'm, Laurel and he's Hardy). I have found that bantering/sarcasm are in my blood and we often put on a show for others. Once were told we should do a skit. He said yes and call it the Jack and nick show and I replied "I see I get top billing".

Noooo, I'm not sarcastic at all.

@silvereyes Ya gotta roll your eyes when you say it. 👍

Folks who can't pick up on sarcasm without emoji help or explanation are among the socially challenged and haven't much of a future in this world.

That's me! Not a future to be found!

@silvereyes -- While this is essentially true, I won't lose any sleep over it. Even in one-on-one communication in person among long time acquaintances these little slips of understanding occur. Just call me Alfred E. Neuman. "What? Me worry?"

I spent my formative years in the rural South in the early 1950s where sarcasm was virtually unknown. People were direct, and simple and sincere. When my Dad got a job in the aero-space industry and we moved to the big (not) city, I was thrown in with fast-talking Yankee types who were fully fluent in Sarcasm. It suited my, by then, teenage smartassity, so I ran with it, but I have always found it to be a second language, which takes extra processing energy, and I can easily miss the cues. Now that I have retired back to the country life, I find that many of my neighbors who never left the farm still speak in disarmingly earnest tones. It may just be laziness on my part but it is comforting to be back among people who just say what they mean; no translation required.

skado Level 9 Jan 11, 2018

yes love a bit of sarcasm

Can I handle sarcasm? No no, of course not. Like I'm not even sarcastic at all. Look at me not handling sarcasm over here. Pffffttt

I got a little sarcastic on here and admin had me by the short hairs.. 😟 so I try to keep it somewhat decent and non tacky.

guess I use that expression a lot.. Not sure what you mean by from MN even..

Ask me if I care! lol

@silvereyes hehehe....

Well, I like to think I have enough for a small group. And if that's not enough, most of the voices in my head can be pretty snarky at well. But I like to keep most of them sedated: vodka. Otherwise they'd be up in my grill arguing all night long.

I think it is more just that sarcasm doesn't really come across well, when using just text. Without vocal intonations and facial expressions, sarcasm really doesn't work well in a text format unless the person reading has known you for a long time and would know when you are being sarcastic because they know you so well.

Perhaps you too shoudl obby for there beign video chat added when they add the chat feature on this site. Sarcasm woudl work so much better in tht kind of forum.

Some people can't handle my sarcasm. They take offense.

I too have been called out for sarcasm. I view the world through a jaded lens and often find humor where others don't. I have had to grow a thick skin to deflect the stones thrown my way by those who appear to take themselves and the world much too seriously. That being said, parody,lends itself better to the written word than sarcasm does. Above all, don't give up your own sense of humor. This even seems a bit too serious...I shall now stick my head back up my butt hole and revel in some more familiar scents.

Yes and yes.

Sarcasm is the work of the Devil. (he said sarcastically)

Wow, I wish I could speak sarcasm.

Hah! I'm doing my part.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14319
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.