Agnostic.com

38 3

Popcorn, which way is the best?

How many different ways do you like your popcorn? I like mine the old-fashioned way cooked on top of the stove in a pan.

• 14 votes
  • 21 votes
  • 43 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 25 votes
Sheannutt 9 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Butter, with popcorn on the side!

You forgot Jiffy-Pop. Not a big fan, just saying.

godef Level 7 Aug 1, 2018

hot, butter is better. Sometimes some of those chemical things they sprinkle on it.

I make my own with 1/4 cup popcorn, tsp oil , put in paper bag on paper towel in microwave after melting my butter. I have issues with hydrogenated oil.

marym Level 4 Sep 19, 2018

Microwave or Jiffy Pop

Doesn't matter, as long as it's covered in real butter.

Air popper. 1/2 real butter, 1/2 mild olive oil, Molly McButter instead of salt. Buttery beyond belief!

I like to make it on the stove and use real butter.

sc62 Level 5 Aug 1, 2018

Not to hawk a product... but this is the stuff! From sunny Iowa it is also much easier on the teeth

[tinybutmightyfoods.com]

I usually only eat popcorn at the movie theater.

In my opinion peanut oil in a pan on the stove top is best.

I have to qualify my vote of in a pan. I bought an electric popcorn popper at a garage sale years ago (for $5). It still works great and I only need to wipe out the heating unit.

@Sheannutt A British friend once told me when he was young his mother decided to try and make popcorn at home. They got a pan and put in oil and popcorn and turned on the stove. How were they to know they needed a lid. Popcorn was flying everywhere and they were laughing.

Popped at the movies with coconut oil, in the big popper, sans butter.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:145608
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.