Agnostic.com

46 3

What is your favorite dance song?

I need a new mix to dance out of my doldrums........

AmiSue 8 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

46 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[WARNING - pig roast prep towards the end may be disturbing for some]

Today it is RESPECT. Love Aretha and all she represented.

Not sure about favourite..but this one is Groovy.

I thought nobody was allowed to say groovy any more. Or so I keep getting told. It's a very groovy word in my opinion.

@Salo

Hehe some words are cool..then they become uncool....then they become groovy again..?

@Salo Pete the Cat made it okay again.

B52s - “Love Shack”

One of my faves!

I don't know if I would call it dancing but this is the one that gets me outta my chair eek!

My favorite!

@BeeHappy IKR? 😀

It may be possible to crank this up and not move rhythmically, but I doubt it...

Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances

" Uptown Funk"...if you can sit still when that is playing, you are dead!

Dance Me to the End of Love. Leanord Cohen.

No way!! That is also my favorite and most folks have never heard it. Very ironic to see your post as I was just watching his videos today and this one always makes me a little sad that I didn't have that kind of relationship during my lifetime.

@Sharlee "during my lifetime"...are you dead?! I am enjoying the daylights outta of the best relationship I have ever had in my life...we are both 70 .

@AnneWimsey LOL not dead, but no where near enough time left to experience the bond that comes from many, many years together sharing a history..building a family...in sickness and in health...trials and tribulations,,,celebrations..graduations..etc. I believe I may fall into a relationship again where I feel
like you do, but I still think I will miss the depth of a long time, one partner shared experience of life

@Sharlee wasted over 50% of my life on abusive fools, so will Never acheive that. Good for you!

Anything funky

I’m old.....Rock around the Clock!

I wish I could dance like they did! 😀

@patchoullijulie I was a fairly nifty jiver in my time! Then I married a man who couldn’t hold a note and had two left feet!

@Marionville Oh No! ?

@patchoullijulie He had other attributes!

@Marionville That's always a plus! 😀

Me and Baby Brother by War

Also I’m with my 93 yo mom. Her song:
Chattanooga Choo Choo

@Sydland That's a great dance tune! 😀 Your mom has great taste. 😀

@patchoullijulie Awww. I just told her that. It made her day.

UptownFunk. There is some great stuff on YouTube where they set dance sequences from 40's-50's movie musical numbers to it....Watch! Be Happy!!

All around, all time fav would be
The Twist'!!!!

Dance to the music--Sly

lerlo Level 8 Aug 31, 2018

A brilliant dance song for getting over people has to be this. Called Twisted, to me it will always be the perfect EXCUSE ME.

This version of this song always gets me up and moving:

Chain chain chain..
Watch the movie clip from Michael with john travolta

this one feels pretty good too.

I don't really have a favorite dance song.... but sitting still to this seems very difficult.

@pepperjones I've been listening to it since I posted this yesterday... I've never heard of them before. I started looking for a dance song. I started out looking for 10000 maniacs, found this. did you run across this one..

You're going to dance with Rigby aren't you? ?

@AmiSue Cecelia by Simon and Garfunkle.

Wooly bully.
96 tears.
Rock & Roll is hear to stay.

"Sound of Silence?..."

Let's twist again

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:156541
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.