Agnostic.com

38 6

If you could meet any historical figure, who would it be?

A scientist, artist, politician.... philosopher? Who would you be excited to meet?

silvereyes 8 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Leonardo da Vinci.I would ask him about all of his secrets and what he really meant with them hidden in his paintings.

Amelia Earheart

Hi Silvereyes,Leonardo da Vinci, artist, engineer,and designer.would be my choice.

Hitler as a young child, and I'd have a gun.
John Lennon (sex, then talk)

William Shakespeare

Thomas Edison what diligence he must have had 2000 tries to make a light bulb before he discovered exactly what would work.

@Ride_Captain He was a scroundle. He dissed Tesela

Ghandi gi

Erik the Red, or the vikings who had a settlement in Labrador. How far did they go? and way before Columbus.

Charles Darwin. We could discuss evolution and natural selection all day. It really interests me.

Hmmmm....Probably Abraham Lincoln...I would love to know his personal inner struggles, his secret fears and joys, and his views on human nature in general, not just those of his own times.

Joan of Arc, I still find what she did so amazing at such a young age.

Eleanor Roosevelt... Have you guys seen The Roosevelt's on Amazon? She fascinates me...and Golda Meir...

I'm not sure this would count but King Arthur. I feel he is more of fiction and fame though. Not historical really.

I would find it difficult to choose between four: Abraham Lincoln, Barbara Jordan, Teddy Roosevelt, and Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Can I pick two? The first would be Alfonsina Strada (1891-1959), who rode the 1924 Giro d'Italia and remains the only woman to have ridden in one of the three Grand Tours of cycling, having entered her name on the application form as "Alfons. Strada," with the "." written in faint ink, so that the organisers thought she was a man until she got to the start line and it was too late to stop her.

The second would be Marie Marvingt (1875-1963), who tried to enter the 1908 Tour de France but was refused - instead, she followed the race around the country and completed the 2789 mile course, unlike the 78 men (of 114 starters) who did not. Marvingt was also the first woman to climb several of the highest mountains in Europe, one of the first women in the world to be awarded a driving licence and, in the First World War, became the first woman in the world to fly combat missions and invented the air ambulance and a new type of surgical suture. In addition to cycling, she was a world class athlete in luge, speed skating, shooting, bobsledding, fencing, swimming and ski jumping. She'd certainly have some interesting stories to tell!

Jnei Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

Issac Newton... the guy was weird but interesting and scary smart

Paul the apostle. I'd like to pound the snot out of him, and then keep him sequestered away from humanity where he wouldn't have the opportunity to create one of the most dysfunctional organizations on the planet.

Jesus, if he actually existed, so I could give him meds for his schizophrenia and nip this nonsense in the bud!

Jesus. Then we could have a good argument. Failing that, Adam so I could check out any family resemblance. If that were not possible, then Eve so I could taste her apple. And to think that I saw it all on Mulberry Street!

Thomas Jefferson.

The quintessential renaissance man Leonardo Da Vinci.

Charlie Chaplin. Not just because he broke the silence 13 years after talking movies started because he HAD to say this... but.. . :: sigh ::

The Wright brothers... they had to have a great time building their plane..

Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci

Gohan Level 7 Jan 16, 2018

I can't change history so bringing back some psycho to pick his brains like Van Gogh won't do it. I already know Vermeer secret, What Modigliani took to get high too. So has to be woman and I am sure I will be as disappointed as she but since I decided to answer (that will teach me lesson). Give me Mary Stewart after losing her first husband and no longer being Queen of France. I will figure things out from there. I am sorry I don't go dreaming on bringing someone from the past here... Now me going to the past and live the beginning of something close to my heart yeah. Take me to the year I was born 1953, NYC I want to see my mother dancing with my father. I want to observe them from a distance. I want to dance a mambo with my mother in the Palladium and have a drink with my father. I question everything and try to change it to my interest. So I won't bring them here. I will go there. Sorry, I am a simple man not needing to change the world. But my mother was a "knock out" and he pull it off with other than looks. I am sure I know that secret because I have done the same already but... won't mind observing the master in operation. And that must be why my son wants me in Vegas and I abides to my Hero, my son.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.