Agnostic.com

36 7

If Agnostic had a potluck, what would you bring?

It's a party up in here.

What are you bringing to the table? I expect lots of deviled foods. lol. I'll make some homemade applesauce. And, I swear to my dog, I'll wash my hands.

silvereyes 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll bring some agnog... 😉

hahahaha

Homemade potato salad.

Dill or sweet pickles?

pickles in potato salad? No.Onions and eggs.

@silvereyes sweet pickles. I can't stand dill, especially in potato salad. 😛

I think potato salad is the most divisive of pot luck dinner items. I am on Team Mustard, Dill Pickles and Hard-Boiled Eggs.

Deviled Eggs, Deviled Ham, Angel Food Cake deConverted, and three small children for BBQ!

LOL!! Devil's food cake as well,

Chicken and Dumpling Casserole.
Oh yea!!

Never heard of that. Sounds good. 😀

@bingst It's basically a thick cream of chicken soup with larger chunks of chicken in it with a few veggies. Put it in an oven-safe casserole dish and cover the entire thing with uncooked biscuit dough squares and pop that biotch in the oven. 😉

deviled eggs, might throw in some caviar if I win a lottery.

Some old wine... not new wine...old wine! Some fig preserves and some biscuits. Some baked tuna. And a jar of black olives without the pits. Apple's for desert!

mixed nuts.

Won't there already be a bunch of mixed nuts attending? Lol 😉

any party im going too is mixed nuts. I've been bringing the nuts to gatherings for years.

Mac"Cheese" Group

Musubi, Guam style.

d_day Level 7 Jan 20, 2018

Beer bread.

@M121 beer has yeast, so yes bread made with beer. It's pretty good.

@M121 [kingarthurflour.com]

Rustic avocado salad (better than guacamole, yep) with blue corn tortilla chips.

Mmmmmm, I love avocado!

Me too! @HippieChick58 I have some almost everyday.

Just made some! Yummy!

Chicken gumbo

Chicken and Rice Haitian Dish.

Deviled eggs.

When and where ???? 🙂

I can’t cook (sad face) I’ll bring chips, water, and whisky.

Cooking is easy, just takes some practice and some willingness to try. Well, and a small investment in some basic kitchen tools.

Iv got the tools and google, I have cooked, but I am by no means a natural. Iv made fudge, peanut brittle, and loly pops all from scratch, only a few successes. If I could find that old fudge recipe that uses karo syrup and condensed milk, I’d bring that so people could fight over it. My sweet tooth is gigantic@HippieChick58

@Funandfondles OMG, sugar is my major addiction, my drug of choice is M&Ms. My mom used to make that fudge. When you start cooking you do have a few failures, or more than a few. Keep working at it.

@HippieChick58 That reminds me, I recently heard 2 women talking about a fantastic black-bean fudge brownie recipe. I'll have to look that up.

Thank evolution! bwahahaha
I'll bring croissants or some other tasty bread. Standard dinner rolls are so bleh! 😀

Whatever I can find in the supermarket on the way there that is under $10. Probably a meat, cheese and crackers plater.

I would bring a yam casserole, and some iced tea.

@silvereyes We eat them every week. They are almost a meal in them self.

@silvereyes walnuts, pecans, shredded carrots, some butter, diced yams, and crumbled ritz cracker on top.

@silvereyes Its not bad thats for sure

Bucket of chicken.

Probably deviled eggs, not because they have an unholy name but because I have a really good recipe. 🙂

I'd bring some of my homebrew and loaded baked potato salad.

No sugar added carrot cake, for folks who, like me, are diabetic and cannot tolerate sugary desserts.

@silvereyes it's been quite a while since I've made it, and I'd have to hunt down the recipe for the specifics, but it's sweetened primarily with fruit juice. There is no aspartame, saccharin, or other artificial sweeteners in it. The "frosting" is made with cream cheese.

Before I was diagnosed with diabetes, my three favorite desserts were German chocolate cake, pecan pie, and carrot cake. I have not found a no-sugar-added substitute for German chocolate cake, and the one I found for pecan pie sucks. The no-sugar-added carrot cake is quite good, though admittedly not as sweet as "real" carrot cake.

I am in! Put me down for - Sandwhich for a crowd, a veg tray, and fruit salad.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16863
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.