Agnostic.com

16 2

How would you prefer to die?

I hope I am not bein to morbid (yes I am of course) just to satisfy my curiosity... I would like to know how do you visualize, or anticipate your death,, in our sleep for most of us.. A hearth attack? Soon after a a good meal, or during sex? My preference would be any of the above, but never in a hospital bed attached to machines.

Eldovis 7 Sep 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have never thought a lot about how I want to go. Peacefully and painlessly, and preferably in my sleep, I guess. I do know how I DON'T want to go: in a fire or by being eaten by something.

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 16, 2018

how i would prefer to die is NOT.

g

Are you a death deniered? We have no choices, just enjoy the ride dear.

@Eldovis i didn't say i thought i wouldn't die. i just said i didn't want to. there IS a difference. you did ask about preference, right? not belief!

g

@genessa

@genessa I understad! Of course. My original question was to have some interesting answers.. You made a joke and I answer mockingly also.
Have a Good day!

The way my mother did this week... Quietly, in her sleep, at home with it loved ones.

I'm so sorry. I hope good memories will bring you comfort as you learn to cope with the loss of your mother.

It's difficult for me to see "death" as something real. I was born remembering a past life, and used to constantly return to the eternal place between reincarnations to play with my friends when I was a toddler, and growing up. I also would sometimes leave my body and go up through the ceiling to that place, for the same reason.

To me, that world was as valid as my current one, and all my life I've had trouble staying in this time line and not seeing the future.

I also had to learn early to block my mind so I wouldn't read other people's thoughts and emotions-mostly depressing- although I did connect more freely with animals and plants. Also I don't have to throw up mental barriers with the Thai, since they do so much meditation and are mind-readers themselves.

Einstein taught us that all matter is a form of energy, so since energy can neither be created nor destroyed, we have always existed and will always exist in some energy form, and all energy is connected.

No reason to think energy souls don't exist, and quantum physics already tells us different dimensions exist.

"For physicists, the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." -Einstein

You are making many assumptions about life an death with only vague unproven facts. You're are a classic example of religious ideology based on superstitions.

Take a dose of something from a doctor.

Ummmmmm... I do not prefer to die at all. Thank you very much. 😉

I don't think we have a choice... We cherish life and give value to every moment because it can never be repeated.

My favorite is the Hearth Attack... I don't know what that is, but it sounds cozy, curled up with a nice hot toddy. But to be honest, I think I'd like to be drunk... imagine staggering around in the afterlife trying to find my keys.

medically induced coma

I'll die in bed at 100 years being shot by a jealous husband

Without knowing it!

Apparently drowning is the most euphoric death after the first bit of panic once your lungs fill up with water.

If I can choose an impossibly fictitious death, it would be to be fellatiated to death by a 1985 version of Lea Thompson.

Just like the Iron Giant

Love this movie.

one of my favorite animated movie. (they are planning a sequel)

@Lukian Are you sure they are planning a sequel?
[twitter.com]

@joeymf86 from the horses mouth so maybe not then. (had read an article about 1 year ago, felt like hype and now seems like it was). thanks.

Mailed by a mountain lion. Or in my sleep, with a will in place, arrangements already made, after telling my daughter that I love her.

@PalacinkyPDX I heard about that. And I am sure it would be. But I guess I see cancer as the ultimate worst, and even the mountain lion can't be as bad as that.

in our sleep.

I'd like to be smothered between the breasts of former Fox News anchormodel, Kimberly Guilfoyle OR murdered by a gang of dwarves dressed like the Munchkins from the Lollipop Guild. Either way, I'm making the headlines.

@PalacinkyPDX All the anchormodels at Fox are gross just by being Fox News employees. At least she's one of the cutest ones.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:178599
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.