Agnostic.com

67 7

Would you settle with a religious person or just stay single?

This doesn’t necessarily mean Christians, but any person who follow a particular organized religions, including Muslims and so on. Hahaha! I’d probably just stay single unless the person was very considerate and could accept me for me, but I know that’s very rare as that person would feel the need to save me from some type of punishment so they’d try to convert me.

EmeraldJewel 7 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I will stay single, tired of the b.s. of you're atheist but you can change to what they believe because I am not good enough without belief! Ugh!!!

Single for eternity before religious wackiness.

Religion does not have to be an issue.

For me, I'd rather bring a date to a dance than to go alone.

To Settle with a religious person , before i would even consider we would have a serious chat on were we both stood on that

SINGLE. This isn't even a close race.

I have, and won't do it again.

I personally would see to many obstacles lurking in the shadows.
So I would keep looking.

Stay single

In my experience, it just won't work out. My philosophy and worldview are so vastly different - not necessarily better or more rational, just different - that I can't really muster the energy to try to make it succeed as a relationship.

No more religious women for me ever again with Agnostics.com the dating pool has widened for us tremendously.

No more religious women for me ever again with Agnostics.com the dating pool has widened for us tremendously.

This is hardly an either/or situation. Having a religion doesn't automatically make one unbearable.

I wouldn't "settle" with anyone - religious, or not.

If they're willing to show the same respect and consideration for my non-belief that I will for their belief, yes - no problem.

Jnei Level 8 Sep 17, 2018

I might marry a religious person. Providing we can find common groud and person doesn't try to convert me back to the bs during the whole marriage. Life is petty lonely without a partner.

Just stay single.
Happily.

Nope. No more superstitious people in my life. It's too heartbreaking to watch them!

I would just stay single, PERIOD. I will and have dated religious women and will continue to do so. I do not date women for religious reasons, or any reason other than the contact that we are able to share for our mutual benefit and enjoyment. If it works, it works. If not, it is what it is.

Singlehood for me. I need to respect a partner. Unfortunately, magical thinking interferes with that. Then there's that whole thnking that I deserve hell thing to contend with. That's sort of a turn off.

Zster Level 8 Sep 17, 2018

I will not settle, period.

Single. No doubt about it.

As long as they would be accepting of others having different beliefs it would be no problem for me. Does get discouraging always having to swipe left when someone's profile states their partner 'must be a man of god'.

Stay single. I have witnessed so many bad outcomes for people settling for a partner that is not of the same standards of intellect or reason I have no desire even wonder down that path. Two days ago a friend (not a theist) asked me if I would consider having sex with a theist. My honest answer was, No. Even if she had a smoking hot body, I have no desire to waste my time with a theist.

I want to be single a while anyway, but I'm pretty sure I could only settle down with another athiest/agnost, However when Matisyahu realizes I exist and dumps that 20 something gf.... I will reevaluate the decision.

I'm looking for a woman who's a match for me. She has to be confident, sarcastic, fun loving, mischievous and intelligent enough to not believe in imaginary friends. So NO!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.