Agnostic.com

103 12

Was sex more fun when you still believed in original sin?

To all former believers: was sex more fun when you still feared an all seeing, all knowing, wrathful God? For me, agnostic sex is still awesome, but without the fear of eternal damnation, it's not as risky or exciting. I also got a kinky thrill thinking the old guy in the sky was floating on a cloud, judging me. Thoughts?

EricTrommater 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

103 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Playground of the mind and all, I don't have to believe in it to make use of it.

Didn’t ever believe in sin, so no.

Really? I never was burdened with that. I barely had a clue about sex when I started dating and both of us were virgins and without the idea of sin - his sister had medical training and we read thru her medical books and figured out how not to get pregnant. We had great fun learning and exploring. I guess our thrill came from outdoor sex since we both were still living at home with our parents so sneaking out of the house undetected had it's own adrenaline rush.

Absolutely not!! Fear was not supposed to be part of the picture!!

Oh I see what you mean Eric. But you see, the thing for me is that sex in itself is exiting, and I don’t need the element of risk to make it more exiting. It looks like the excitement of the risky part has more to do with the thrill of the risk seeking behavior than with the sex itself.

I never bought original sin, nor any sexual shame. It was always something natural, healthy and fun*. I can't imagine that my experiences would have been better with some weird psychological hangups attached. I always knew I was luckier than most in that regard.

• terms and conditions apply

Not even a little. Much, MUCH better without the guilt.

And I’ve never been aroused by kink so... yeah.

I have never been a believer, yet sex, in my opinion , needs to be kept kinky and lustful!

I’ve never believed in God, but I do recall the all seeing, all knowing wrathful Mom catching me in the act once, and that was no fun LOL... Sounds like you need to try some more risqué public interactions. 😉

Don't we all!

Well...it feels good to know the divine spy camera in the sky isn’t watching me when I’m having sex and being a complete creep and pervert about it, so I’d have to say it is that more enjoyable without the original sin thing.

....and if God was watching, he could have at least sent me down a few tips on how.

@EricTrommater I literally almost died of laughter at your comment.

Sex is definitely more enjoyable without it i feel

What is original sin?

Sex is probably more fun and certainly more abundant as an atheist. I would love to find someone suitable for a permanent relationship, but until that time I will just continue to enjoy life as I do now. If there was a god, and if I was damned for my proclivities it would be out of jealousy. Hahaha.

My fantasies often involved public sex with mild S&M, but since I'm basically amoral, hard to tell if past religious notions fueled any of this. With my ex, I often played Dominatrix and we did role switching, but it seemed to come from our both of us being androgynous, more than beliefs.

My kind of lady, though I prefer privacy, I have found sex in public to be a very common fantasy among female friends.

Ohhh brother, I gave up that thinkinking after Catholic school...lol.

The worst part about being an atheist, you have nobody to talk to during an orgasm.

Yes, crying out "Oh Universe!!!" at the end doesn't quite cut it, does it.

Oh, theorical God! Oh, theoretical God!

Well I know it was more fun when I had more of it. ...I assume atheist sex is when you only believe it's good if you have evidence that it is, but agnostic sex you can never know if it good or not because it's unknowable. 🙂 (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Lol! Good points!

,,,nailed it brother

I never believed in it. So, probably not.

That's the silliest question I have seen lately! I just never attached my sexuality to my religion. Although, it did appear it was supposed to be shunned as much as possible by the church teachings! But, then on the other hand, hardly anything out of my religion stuck to me! Maybe, it has always been true, what has been said about me...'I am hard headed, want everything my way, and I want behave nicely.' My sex life has never suffered, though! So I have no idea if I stuck to the question, but that is my story!

Thank you! I was going for silly.

You're right, but with this poster's question it's our leg he's pulling. 🙂

@EricTrommater you will need to catch me off guard, ‘for silly!’ I am deeply rooted in realism!’ Too much, maybe?

Just a different brain I guess, but that didn't make it more fun. It terrified me. I took eternal damnation very seriously. Way more fun with only two people in the room judging me.

I was too young for sex then - so no comparison !

There is much to be said about enjoying being a human without guilt for being a human.

"Religion is not always in sex, but sex is always in religion."
David La Deau AKA Compelledunbeliever

There is much to be said about forbidden fruit being sweeter as well.

Sex was more fun when I was doing it with someone else. Boo hoo

I keep telling my foster son (22) it doesn't count as sex when there is no-one else in the room.

Even when I was a religious youth, I never believed the "original sin" malarkey.

The thought never crossed my mind. Then again, I've been a non-believer most of my life.

I have never been religious so I would not know. Though sex is still fun as it was always. Seems to me like you need to find a new kink to keep it exciting. Or maybe you are doing it wrong? 😉 hehe

Sacha Level 7 Jan 26, 2018

Do we ever learn to do it right?

Are you kidding? I never believed for one minute about any nonsense about sin and sex (or maybe I was one of those who didn't want to believe). It became more pleasurable with practice and learning new ideas.

Well I did! Santa and the Easter Bunny were also tramatic lessons.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.