Agnostic.com

30 9

What was the best first date you've had?

I was 16 and met him online. He lived in the Dallas area, so all we could do was message and talk on the phone. We would write to each other a lot (yes, actual letters) because calling costs added up. So one day my brother an I got a wild hair and decided to go to Dallas. I was supposed to meet my guy online to chat. Instead, I showed up at his house (okay so I may be a bit of a stalker). We started out with a hug and talked a bit, then went back to his room. It was only a tiny bit awkward. We sat on his bed and talked some more. Then we ended up wrestling around and he kissed me. To this day, that was the best first kiss I've ever had. Being a couple of horny teenagers, things heated up pretty quickly, but that's a post for another time ?

VelociraptorRemy 6 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm glad that worked for you. Today it would all happen in texting even if both of you were in the same room.

Yeah, sad for couples but awesome for parents who are too tired to get up and get something.....or who don't want to yell across the house ?

With my current wife. We met at work. (Scandalous back then).....
She met me at my favorite wine bistro for a wine and appetizer tasting. I can still picture her walking into the place in the classic, "little black dress". We sampled a few vintages, with appropriate appetizers. Then I took her to opening night at the opera. "Carmen". A great performance. We drove there in my black on black MR2. (the poor man's Ferrari). After, I took her back to her car, and kissed her goodnight. We've been a couple for 23 years now. She still can wear that "little black dress". We still go to wine tastings and the opera. Life is good!

Hopefully my next first date will be my best first date.

Walked about 10 blocks to a movie with my first boyfriend. I was 13, he was 15. My parents forbid me to be in a car with a boy. After the movie another boy & girl offered us a ride in his car. Feeling mature & independent with a dash of rebellion, I said ok. Shortly after getting in the back seat "Larry" pushed me down against the door, sort of laid over me beginning to make motions I was sure was an epileptic spell. Thought we should go to hospital when the car stopped around a corner from my home. Suddenly the spell ended and he seemed just fine. Got home safely & next day a girlfriend clued me in. It seems funnier with every telling.

Believe it or not, my best first date happened when I was 60. It was my very first date after a 27 year marriage and then choosing to be alone for a year and a half. It was also my first online date and I had asked HIM out! We never even spoke on the phone; we just met at a funky local jazz club and had a bite and a drink. We never stopped talking. Then we went out in the parking lot; where he raised the back on his Tahoe, pushed a bunch of detritus back, pulled out an old plaid blanket and invited me to join him. We sat in the back with our legs swinging out over the edge like a couple kids sitting on a tree branch. We talked so long my son called to see if I was ok (I had given him instructions to check on me! Safety doncha know!). I most definitely was ok!! We both had to work, so we finally stood up and he gave me the most delicious kiss I had ever tasted. I was delirious! We dated for about 2 years and had a wonderful relationship and friendship. I ended it because I wanted to be monogamous and he did not. sigh Close but no cigar.

I believe you. I still believe mine is yet to come.

@GipsyOfNewSpain "Don't stop believing"! Hopefully for all of us, it will arrive!

@Humanist5 Yep.

@GipsyOfNewSpain
Gipsy!
Your view of the world is amazing. You always boost my optimism! !!!

Such an awesome story!! You win ?

@VelociraptorRemy HAHA! Thanks. I thought there were some great stories here!! I didn't know it was a contest. ?

@Humanist5 lol it wasn't. There are a lot of great stories. I just really like yours ?

@bigpawbullets Thank You. I had lived long so a lot of things get picked up along the way.

It wasn't really a date, but I had a friend who went to prom with me. I was dual enrolled at the local university and taking all my classes there so I hadn't actually been in my high school for two years. I was feeling nervous about seeing everyone again so I wanted to take a friend that I thought would make me feel at ease. We went and had a great time and on the way home, Van Morrison's "Moon Dance" came on the radio. He pulled over to the side of the road and he turned up the music. We both got out of the car and left the doors wide open. He offered me his hand and we danced under the street light until the song ended. I'll never forget swing dancing on that street in my little prom dress. It's one of my best memories.

1. The day I met the guy who stole my heart.
    It wasnt extraordinary. Early breakfast. Walk around the park. Movie at dusk.
    It was a hundred little moments that told me I'd never be the same.

I still think of him daily.
Sadly, life led him into a bad place. I couldn't follow. More, I couldn't take our kids into that lifestyle.
Took me 18 months to grieve that loss.

I had been relatively recently divorced and had a HUGE crush on a friend of a friend -- who I thought was still married. I found out from the friend this wasn't true so I asked him to give the friend my phone number. He called that night and we made a date for the next day. He picked me up and took me to my favorite restaurant. He drove me back to his apartment and we slow-danced and made out for hours. He took me home and said he wanted to see me again as soon as possible. We were both smitten. It was the most amazing 3 months of my adult life. Unfortunately, I was his transition person. He broke up with me on a winter weekend at the beach because he said that when he went out with other women (I knew he was dating others) all he could think about was me. Thirty years later I still don't understand that at all. But the relationship also included my best birthday, best New Years Eve, and best Valentine's Day. Nothing has ever come close.

Because I looked like a foetus in high school, I missed out on the whole dating thing. As an adult, I've always done the tumbling-into-bed-for-a-week thing first, then gone out on 'dates'. It doesn't really count as a first date of you're already shagging, I guess.

I havent had it yet ?

First date... I took her hiking, then to Floyd. We ate at odd fellas, drank a bit with lunch, walked to dog down pizza and had roasted pretzels with fired stone ground mustard. We had a few more beers, then went on a photo expedition which turned real nice... I put my arm around her because she was cold. We kissed. I took her back home, but made several stops to get out so I could put my arms around her. We talked so much, we talked about everything.

It felt surreal to find a girl who enjoyed being takenof, without making it ever feels like I owe her what in doing.

Was the hike up Buffalo Mountain?

@Varn no, it was a much shorter hike up a creek tail at the bottom of route 8. She wasn't as much off a hiker as me, and never cared to try it more.

@stinklizard Sounds like Rock Castle Gorge… the entire ‘loop’ is 11 miles. Good choices, though 🙂

Sleds.

Suicide Hill.

Laughing and spilled into a snow bank.

Learning Id picked the wrong brother.

Ugh. I hate when that happens. Wait, was he the wrong brother, or were you dating the wrong brother and just hanging out with this guy?

@VelociraptorRemy I realized he adored me. He had the audacity to be two years younger than me.
As a teen that is light years.
Damn I was stupid

None of them have been very good. I guess the only decent one was she and I saw the movie "Battle of the Sexes," which isn't a good date movie because really the only thing you can talk about is how much of a dick Steve Carell's character was. During the movie, I spilled water on myself and she hogged the popcorn. Afterwards we got a milk shake at Cook Out and talked a little bit. She mentioned she wanted a boob job, and later I interrupted her to yell out, "BLACK SABBATH!" to some stranger I saw wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt. haha

We'd have fun on a date.

Technically one could argue that it's not quite the same as a standard-issue first date if you've had extensive intimate messaging going on before.

But I met my wife in a similar way and with similar results. And we were well beyond our teens (or twenties, or thirties, or forties). And I would characterize it is "best first date ever". I suppose it was a product of knowing each other well already, and building up a lot of anticipation.

I was 19. We went to a concert together, it was the first time I had ever gone out with another woman. She was so soft and there where no weird uncomfortable moments where you're not sure if you've said the wrong thing. Very few times in my life have I had that amount of instant chemistry with anyone.

Went to sea world stayed in a hotel the might before with her and just cuddled then spent the whole rest of the day looking at the animals and having fun. This was before I watched black fish and refuse to go there ever again.

Dfox Level 4 Sep 24, 2018

It was back in the twentieth century during the first oil embargo.

Can't get into the details, but trust me, it was reeeaaal good. For some reason, though, we never dated again. Now, I know what you're thinking; but, she was definitely into it.

Little imperfections

Like what?

@VelociraptorRemy Asymmetry of the face, freckles, overbites, goofy teeth and the like.

@indirect76 first date experience or turn ons (or offs)?.....I'm getting confused with my posts lol

@VelociraptorRemy oh, damn. I somehow posted in the wrong thread. No wonder you’re confused.

@indirect76 I was going along with it until I realized it was a different post lol

Unexpected date in a train

Halloween. Ended up staying at her gaff for the night and her cats sleeping near me like they were watching over me. The day after, Motorhead concert. Couldn't get much better than that.

...we met at an art museum, after having been writing back and forth online for weeks. We were clearly both quite happy with each other, but remained highly civil , with no touching. As we wandered among the vast collection, we stole glances at one another, and the sexual tension built steadily...

Eventually, this turned into a 4 1/2 yr connection , that remains one of the hottest I've ever experienced !

Not enough data for me.
I mean the closest was probably at university and a dinner party I was having with some friends at the house was winding up. I drove the girls home and after I dropped her figure skating friend off
My friend said "She told me she likes you ya know."
I said "well thats great she seems cool. Strange she had never had a donut"
awkward silence
Her " I think I like you more"
Me " Thats even better"
Her "Back to your place and I will help you clean up?"
Me "OK!"

We did no cleaning and spent the entire weekend just enjoying our newly budding romance. We had been friends for years and I even took her to what Canadians call Prom, as a friend. Turned out to be maybe my greatest relationship and lasted for 2+years...I learned a lot about me, relationships and the world. It was perfect...I fixed that too
So not really a 'date' but about as close as I really got...until recently anyway.

It's kind of hard to say because I've had quite a few great ones and it's hard to pick just one.
However I've had some real bad ones too.

Front seat of a 68 Toyota Corolla at Bayfront Park in Homestead Florida in 1974. We shared a bottle of wine and a couple of joints. By morning she had four orgasms, I had none, and between us we had no less than a thousand mosquito bites. We both hobbled around like cripples the next day.

The one where my pick up line actually worked ....

Oh wait! That never actually happened!

Nevermind!!

I actually did have a pickup line that worked. I mean not really.....we had already been hanging out with the same group of friends so it's not like we had just met.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:185632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.