Agnostic.com

93 8

Do you attract a certain type of the opposite sex? Do you have a preferred type?

#sex
UrsiMajor 8 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

93 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At least as far as online attraction goes, I would say yes, I attract a certain type of woman.

Smart - Every one of them is intelligent and well educated. Often with either an advanced degree, or multiple degrees. Most are multilingual too.

Driven - They all know what they want and have plans to get it. Several own or have owned their own buisness. They are each, in their own right, successful women.

Worldly - Most have traveled to different places around the country and world. Many have lived abroad and learned from other cultures.

Open Minded - While they have their preferences and hard limits, same as anyone, they are open to new experiences, new opportunities, new ways of thinking and of approaching life. They do not judge or shame.

Funny - They are each, in their own way, clever, witty and amusing. They keep me engaged, laughing and on my toes.

Sexy - They are exquisitely beautiful women that exude sensuality, even through the screen. They love sex and have a mind as filthy, if not more so, than my own.

Submission - Most, but not all, crave some form of submission for themselves. This can be as simple as a preference for their partner to take the lead in the bedroom, to a more complex collared BDSM relationship, and anything in between.

Distance - To a woman, they have thus far been no closer than a 4 and a 1/2 hour drive to me, and often significantly farther. Not a one has even been in my state yet.

Thanks for sharing. There are some quality people on this website!

I seem to attract men with penises.

I prefer men with intelligence who happen to have a penis.

Picky, picky, picky...?

@JeremyTaylor pricky pricky pricky... 🙂

Its ok to get some kicks above the waistline...brains are very sexy.

@BillyBluesguy The sexiest part...the rest is just extra...

...a brain can go all nite toooo?

@thinktwice excellent!

Hi beautiful

I have one for your approval , inspection to aprise if there is ah attraction ?

Here, I attract idiots. I prefer no idiots.

I feel your pain!

Have you ever thought of being the aggressor?

Haha! No never dawned on me to send messages to the men I like, what a great idea. You just proved my point!

I used to be attracted to men who had more hair than wit. Now I prefer more wit than hair. 🙂

Hi beautiful

Recently widowed Nigerian women who are holding small fortunes from their deceased husbands who were the heads of national banks, and these grieving widows need someone honest, god fearing, and oh so good looking to siphon that money through an American bank for a percentage of the take.

I thought the Nigerian scam had worn itself out.

@Annaise -- Nope. Still going strong -- with some minor twists.

Your comment made me LOL in the library and have to apologize... thanks ^_^ xD

For some ungodly reason, I attract conservative men! I have no idea why. I am so far left it baffles me what they could be thinking. Though I am partial to a man in uniform 🙂

@yogafan108 it is so bizarre. And I have no idea why.

I'm a dirtbag magnet. I have attracted men of despicable character from a half a continent away.

Deb57 Level 8 Nov 18, 2018

yep /nods

Me too, married men and assholes- usually both

A lot of men like to tell me that I am to blame for making poor choices, and while that may be true to a small extent, the crux of the matter is that sociopaths are usually skilled at honing in on those of us who are more nurturing, generous, and trusting by nature. As if they had radar for the most compassionate of us. So, if having a personality based largely on kindness is wrong, maybe I don't wanna be right. As I have aged, though, I tend to think that if a man comes to the conclusion that being a dirtbag magnet is due to my poor choices, he's probably a dirtbag who is disappointed that I'm not allowing him to use and abuse me.

I am attracted to intelligence, dry wit and confidence. I have managed to attract a gaggle of married guys, guys who lie about their height or age, a narcissist, guys who are way too young or old, and an Elvis impersonator ( not kidding).

What's wrong with an elvis impersonator ? ?

Emerald, nice use of the word gaggle! I hope your luck improves?

@hippydog how long do you have? And judging by the pics in his profile, he is one of those who Never. Breaks. Character.

Hi

as a cartoon, I am looking for RGBs but occasionally I get CMYKs. Those are just like B&W copies but just a little brighter. uuughh!
What ever happened to those cute JPEGs, now it's all GIFs...
(here for community, just having a little fun)

Then along came the PNGs and the SVGs think they own everything..

Yes, the kind who put their own self-interest first. I’m seeking someone who invests as much emotional labor as I do.

UUNJ Level 8 Nov 25, 2018

Exactly
Word.

Preferred is easy. There are two must-have characteristics:

-An uncommonly high level of intellect.

-They seek the right answer, rather than seeking to be right.

These two are non-negotiable and drive initial interest, or not. After that, there's a usual list.

I apparently attract nothing but the intellectual Christians. The Athiests that I know are either married or are in a relationship. We are the minority.

There is no such thing.

@Lop-Eared-Mule
I rather stay single than date a Christian. Atheists don't grow on trees.

Attracting the opposite sex would be a good start.

In the past I've always seem to attract men that can't regulate their self-esteem. Now that I've figured that out, it's not going to happen again. ?

What do you mean by self esteem?

@benhmiller She is talking about guys that are not like me. I know I'm awesome.

What I seek:

1. Tall, geeky, smart guys. With dark features.
  2. Latino/Hispanic men
  3. Some nice/naughty blend with tons of wit

What I receive:

1. Married men who want to play
  2. The bi-couple who think I'm a great fit
  3. The functioning alcoholic
  4. The Republicans (whom I think want to save me from the "agenda" )
  5. 50,60, 70 yr old men who want to dig in the fountain of youth
  6. Offers of one-night stands

#Truth

well I am 64 and when a women is under 50 they would need to make the first move I am not the old guy who thinks he can still get young chicks LOL

I seem to attract heavily-tattoed men who ride Harley-Davidsons and watch Sons of Anarchy. That's open for discussion.

And I'm attracted to a man with huge beard and man-bun. That's not open for discussion.

You might have just started a new trend on our forum...

@Yogisan capriciously changed me mind, I think nerds and geeks are hottt 😛

Ha ha ha... the story of my life and the greatest mystery of all... I attract a non existent type.
Nope, this is not a freaking joke.
But then again, at my age I don't care at all by any means.

I get a lot of young white nazi-types. Seriously. I get lots of creepy emails and requests from Trump voters and Republicrats.

My preferred type is white, tall, short hair, a full head of hair is critical (I dislike bald men or men who are losing their hair. Just shave it and be done with it!). I swoon for a pair of blue eyes...makes me weak in the knees! I'm attracted to a certain "look"...basically tall white guys who are really good at something creative. It could be painting pictures, or playing a musical instrument, or writing books, or taking pictures...creativity is super sexy to me!

Aaaahhhhhhh... My kinda girl!!!

Not sure about attracting a particular type of guy, but my preference is someone with intelligence and confident enough to know who they are without apology. Do not stop being yourself for me, and do not expect me to change who I am. Rather, I want a partner to go to war with...not against. Being atheist is preferred, but not absolutely necessary. Admittedly, I need someone with a witty, dark sense of humor who will banter with me.

I attract a variety of women. My type is smart, sweet, short, and sincere.

My preferred type is nothing like I've ever had. First and foremost I want the person to be more sane than insane, loving but not suffocating, open-minded without being open to anything, honest always even if it hurts and more into me than what I can buy them.

I am still in love with someone who dumped me for religious reasons.She was beautiful, intelligent, and kind.

Been there, but mine "was" married to me.

@paul1967 SAME THING happened to me...I was in the service, they sent me overseas...and she met up with a biker dude, while she was here in the states at home...who told her that she's TOP SHELF. She divorced me, and married him...turns out he was a very violent sort...and beat her whenever he had the chance/reason. = \

I don't know who are attracted to me, but my type is intelligent, funny, compassionate, strong and beautiful women who for some unknown reasons are fiercely attracted to me. I know. I am weird that way.

I am not sure if everyone got my "joke." 🙂 Because it was kinda non-obvious, and ... frankly juvenile. But that is "the type" that everyone wants isn't it? Intelligent (check), sense of humor ("makes me laugh" check), compassionate (or kind, generous, etc), loyalty ("attracted to me and me only" ) and almost understated physical attractiveness...... I've read too many dating profiles that essentially say the same thing. 🙂 And I must confess I am not that original either....

I can't remember! 😕

Men looking for arm candy were the ones who used to be attracted to me, but I was much younger. Now, I'm not sure what kind of man will be attracted tome, or who will be attractive to me. Maybe one who has more personality than a plate will do.

@Annaise bwa ha ahhh how our standards have lowered...to the plate level!!!! But all joking aside I am like you I am not sure who is attracted to me now because I have not put myself out there to find out. I went through the eye candy phase as well and I don't miss it at all. Now though, I know I have a lot to offer to someone who is intelligent, funny and aware (awoke!!) but eye candy not so much any more......

@patchoullijulie Lol... Of course, I was being sarcastic, or maybe I'll decide that inanimate objects are more attractive. lol... I think I did say, someone who has more personality than a plate. So, that's a little better than a plate.

@Annaise You're worth far more than you give yourself credit for, you can't believe the fear.

@paul1967 I have very little fear of anything. It would take a lot more than I have already run into to to make me afraid. I deal with things fairly well, and efficiently when I have to.

@Annaise Apologies. I must have read too much into your response.

Well...I'm attracted to YOU!!!

Hi beautiful

Back in the day, yeah. I was a magnet for charmingly nerdy guys who were into science and were of medium size. Now, mostly it's just way older dudes and those who want a nurse or need a kidney or something. 😉 No, wait, that's my job not my dating life. I guess i have no idea since I don't have any dating life right now.

Opposite? So we are assuming everyone here is straight? Such a basic and binary understanding of gender and sexuality

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:195081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.