Agnostic.com

42 2

What's your favourite show or channel to watch on TV?

I personally love Gaia, TCM, and the Food Network Channels.

SleeplessInTexas 8 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

HBO Game of Thrones. Second is. BBC. I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who.

I don't watch "live TV" and don't pay for cable so I don't get those kinds of channels. I am more entertained by creative and interesting series. Do a lot of Netflix/Amazon Streaming bingeing. Some shows I have enjoyed/am enjoying (in no particular order):

Breaking Bad
Dexter
Westworld (HBO)
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Battlestar Galactica (the reboot over the original)

I just started watching Designate Survivor, which is interesting, so far. We'll see if it sustains. =]

I have watched all of those shows except for TWD and BG.

BG was easily one of my favorites. When I first heard about it, i didn't have high hopes because the 70's version was crap IMHO. But once I watched it, I was hooked.
I love how the used "Frack" to get past the sensors. Great move on their part.

@TristanNuvo It's an excellent show. Far superior to the original, but there were elements of that show I loved. The FX were pretty good. Cylons were tech-creepy. Very cool. LOL!

@IAMGROOT "Skin jobs" was a great idea too.

@balou Well, if you love horror and sci-fi, both are must sees, IMHO. =]

@IAMGROOT I'm going to try the BG reboot as I've heard a lot of good things about it. I tried watching TWD and I just couldn't get into it. Game of Thrones has that and so much more.

@balou GOT is excellent. I love Westworld (a reboot of an old 70s film based on a Michael Crighton novel) too. I think WD is pretty engrossing. Early in the series, the zombies were the threat and are always a danger, but more of a background issue at this point in the show). Now it's living human threats that are the most dangerous. I love how the show has a fantastical premise, serves up plenty of gore and violence, but also has outstanding acting and great characters.

@IAMGROOT I will agree with you that Westworld is excellent. I enjoy season one more than season two (which got rather confusing).

My favorite station is HBO. It is hard to choose between my 2 favorite shows because they are completely different genres but they are Game of Thrones and Real Time with Bill Maher.

Maybe we are related because this would be my answer. Otherwise, I hardly watch anything at all.

@CaroleKay Games of Thrones with Bill Maher? lol
Seriously, those are great shows.

Breaking Bad and Dexter are two other great shows that I really got into. If you have Netflix, you can watch both shows on there.

@balou I'm always looking for recommendations since I rarely watch anything and those sound great! I haven't seen them yet. ♥

[adult swim]

The only thing I can get at my place is satellite TV but I get like 2000 channels even channels from as far as Boston. I watch regular network shows. My favourite shows are MacGyver, The Good Doctor, Criminal Minds, Bull, and SWAT. Other than that I also watch shows on Animal Planet (no surprise there), Discovery, Space, and a few others.

I actually don't own a TV.
I watch everything on my PC, plus I have a pretty big monitor.
I download, and stream everything.
As far as shows go.
Some aren't on any more but to name a few.
Dexter.
Mythbusters, (the original).
Game of thrones.
Battlestar Galactica, (the 2006 version).
I'm sure there are more, I just can't remember atm.

HBO and Netflix

The Emergency Broadcasting System is my jam!

@Gurahl My dad was a TV engineer and used to get the trade papers. One time this guy was setting up a set and the test card was just the colour one similar to what you posted. So he phoned the BBC and asked if they could put on "test card F", which they did. The customers were so amazed that he had the power to change a broadcast.

@Gurahl No we watched from the very start back in the 60s

OFF.

NHL/NFL networks

Dont own one...havent watched tv in years

That Yank show, " Swamp People" gets me in stitches every time I watch it, I mean "big monster Alligators 9 to 12 feet long," you've got to be kidding, Aussie Saltwater Crocs would swallow those little babies whole for a quick snack and spit out the bones. The old Salties down here grow up to 15 - 20 feet long on average, fear nothing and no-one, enjoy the odd tourist for a meal, have been seen attacking and dining on a fully grown White Pointer or Bull shark.
Just because they're called 'Saltwater Crocs' does NOT mean they only live in the seas, they just as easily live in fresh river water, swampy fresh-water lakes, ponds, billabongs or practically anywhere they choose.
Shit, they even live alongside the Aussie Freshwater Crocs as well and even the 'Freshies' are big enough to make the 'gators look like bloody geckoes.

I love all the historical shows like the Tudors, Versailles, etc.

I don't have a TV so I don't even know what's on. I do have Netflix though.

I quit cable a long time ago. A lot of money for crap really. I watch the news. Different sources. Politics. I watch The View. I have Netflix. I like the BBC shows. My guilty pleasure is NCIS. Mark Harmon has always been so hot! The TV is always on. Just background noise. I have a hard time just sitting & watching TV.

Della Level 6 Oct 31, 2018

Split between news and public television.

i have no fave channel but i do keep the science channel on more than any other.

shows: until 1982 i refused to follow more than one drama and one comedy, but then a second drama pulled me in and my tv viewing has not been the same since. so one? ha! here is what i follow at the moment:

doctor who, murphy brown (the new show), murphy brown (two different seasons of the old show, in syndication), new amsterdam, law and order svu (new season and if i happen to catch it in syndication, and the other law and orders as well), hill street blues (in syndication), mystery e.r., untold stories of the e.r., how the universe works, planet earth, the brain, live from lincoln center (when it's on), inspector george gently (when it's on), endeavor (when it's on), american masters, anything by ken burns, other stuff as it occurs, like nova and nature and a bunch of stuff on science channel i might not be remembering right now.

g

Not a fan of network tv, and the cable channels I used to enjoy (History Channel, Discovery, etc.) have been watered down with mindless reality shows. Any more, I prefer PBS. First and foremost...no insidious commercials about toilet paper, meds, medical settlements, and products for people who seemingly can't handle any type of normal task. (Looking at you, as-seen-on-tv products) Aside from actually learning something, it's a nice refuge from the deluge of angry, vague political ads. Virtually anything is better than that garbage ad nauseum.

100% with you on the 'learning' channels. They have become patronizing in a way. I can't stand the repetitious narration especially leading in and returning from commercials. It's as if you don't need to watch the previous segment since they'll repeat it for you. And some of the narrators use a tone fit for a 4 year old's documentary on owls. Not to mention the fabricated drama (fake drama if you will?) But at least any new episodes of Modern Marvels and How it's Made stay true to the original Discovery/History brand.

Totally with you on Modern Marvels and How It's Made. They suck you in like Painting with Bob Ross!

Netflix and Youtube

cava Level 7 Oct 31, 2018

I am a big nerd so most of the sci-fi or science like shows.

Big bang theory, young Sheldon, Other sitcoms. Most of whats on PBS. Food channel. MSNBC, and so many others.

Gotta say, I love my nerdy CW shows! The Flash, Black Lightning, Supernatural, Supergirl...

can't get enough!

I like shows that make me laugh.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:212570
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.