Agnostic.com

48 3

Have you done the Myers Briggs?

Iv started noticing it more often on other dating websites and even facebook that people are putting there personality type up. Iv started doing the same as a way to help find more like minded people, as if finding people who are non religious wasn't hard enough.

So have any of you taken this test as well or thought about putting your personality type up on your profiles?

• 58 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 6 votes
BABSDAGGER 5 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

48 comments (26 - 48)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've taken the MBIT. Results were INFJ

Other: I have no idea what it is or where to get it, but seem to be meeting guys just fine without it.

Carin Level 8 Nov 4, 2018

Curiosity got the best of me after reading the comments so I took the test--it says I'm a Mediator & we are only 4% of the population so often end up being (or feeling) misunderstood. The letters it gave me are INFP-T.

@Carin could you phrase that differently? I'm not following you!

@Pete66 The test results they gave me included those letters but I don't know what they mean. Mediator seems to be one of the names that they assign to the various categories of people. I never heard about this till today so you'd get a way better understanding of it from a quick computer search.

@Carin Oh dear! That was British humour based on your post about feeling misunderstood! 😉

@Pete66 Not you--I'm just dense. I actually really love British humor.

@Carin no problem I work in a team of mainly Eastern Europeans at the moment and find myself having to explain almost every joke I tell! 😀

@Pete66 I'm sure it wouldn't have gone over my head face to face.

@Carin yes a lot is in the facial expressions! 😀

I've taken it, and I don't mind sharing it if specifically asked. My only worry is that some will put too much "weight" on it when reviewing something like a bio, before they've gotten to actually "know" me so they can put it in the proper context.

Things like this are merely tools that offer insight into one of a million different facets of our lives.

Incidentally, I'm a Campaigner (ENFP-a).

INF/TP. Once I became atheist I shifted slighty to thinking over feeling. Im still strongly the idealist type I think though. I don't rule out anyone based on the test but I found it interesting and a bit elucidating about myself. Bob Dylan and a lot of my favorite creative types that have always moved me the most have been labelled INFP by the test criteria, so it made solid sense to me that Ive got a similar set of priorities.

Me too! Like, pretty much everything you said. Spooky ... 😮

I have known who l am for decades. I don't need no stinking test.

No real validity to it.

there appears to be an emerging trend of personality types that are supposed to be rare. Wonder if there is some connection between personality type and lack of faith?

Yes, I have taken it and periodically encourage a friend to take it as well. It is useful if you keep in mind it is about self-identifying.

I've never heard of it.

Some quick google fu will show you the path, its 120 multipul choice questions. takes about 15-20 minutes and its well worth your time.

Yeah, I was a strong ENTJ, but it's forced choice so the whole thing is fishy. I admit it's sort of fun, similar to astrology, even if it's all crap.

Im an INTJ and its very accurate for me. I think Im pretty much the standard model for an INTJ woman.

No kidding? Well I guess every combination has to have a model. Might as well be you. ?

thats a rare personality type for people. Acording to a few different sources it can be up to 4% and as little as 2% in males but if i recall correctly it was like less then 1% for female testers.

@zeuser lol. Ill try to represent my combination in a positive way.

@BABSDAGGER you are correct. It’s rare, and especially rare in women.

The Myers Briggs test is the psuedo psychology that just won't die. Unreliable and unfounded. It's the equivalent of a horoscope- you can be convinced that you can fit into just about any category.

I used to be part of an Organizational Dynamics workshop where we divided people into teams according to their MBTI then assigned them tasks to accomplish in a short time frame. We made no two of the 7 person teams we the same. Then we observed how they worked together to problem solve. While other factors such as gender and education came out as well the MBTI was a great predictor of a lot of behaviors. Great fun to watch.

It's a slightly more academic version of astrology, and an excellent example of the Barnum or Forer Effect. The Skeptic's Dictionary has an instructive entry for MBTI: [skepdic.com]

Dont worry about how your letters match others. The Myer-Briggs was made by a mother and daughter who had no education in psychology. There was not testing or studies done to create it. Most People score different letters when they take the test again a week later. The original psychologist (can't think of his name) said his test was meant to be nothing more than a parole game. He also stated ever individual is a n exception to the rule (when talking about his lable's descriptions.)

Yes...one of my previous employers had everyone take it, so we would know how to deal with the person or better understand their approach to communication and problem solving. I found that it was used to attack and label people if they didn't agree with some stupid idea or POV being presented.

INTP and in my case the description was accurate.

I don't care for labels on my profile. Having spent years on a site where most identify by their MB type +/- their enneagram, I did not find such info real helpful, except as a conversation topic. (:

I am an ENFP, by the way...

Zster Level 8 Nov 4, 2018

Iv noticed among the friends that I get to take this that extraverts and feelers tend to have a mindset against labels, Im not sure why

@BABSDAGGER ENFPs hate being boxed in or expected to conform. Labels can feel a bit like both. (;

@Zster Im gona borrow a Bruce Lee quote here and say that its like water. Water is the label that we give to it as a liquid although its shape changes depending on what you have it in, its name/label is also changable with heat into steam, or lack of into ice. A label at least in my mind does not force something to conform so much as it gives the perceiver a way to describe to another individual the current state of a thing. So while a label will never fit a given thing forever since everything is always changing it can define what it was at the time, at least that how it seems to me.

I am an ENT[P/J]

I find associated titles fascinating though no practical use-
ENTP- the Inventor (Kiersey), the Lawyer, the Originator, the Debater, the Explorer, and the Visionary.
ENTJ- the Fieldmarshal (Kiersey), the Performer, the Perfectionist, the Loyal Skeptic, and the Challenger.

Fuck that shit, I’m just getting over the fact I’m a psychopath hahaha

INFJ. And it describes me perfectly.

I'm a INTJ to the T! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I've tested the same way over the years. It's never changed..., but I'm happy.

Me too. Solid INTJ

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:215139
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.