Agnostic.com

43 10

What do you do that makes other people say "ew?"

As for me, I like to dip peanut butter sandwiches in my chili. All of my friends who have been brave enough to try it, have realized I'm not quite that crazy for doing it. 🙂

silvereyes 8 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fart of course..

Shaking a little salt on my watermelon...

My mother would do that with muskmelon. I hate salted melon. I'm not a big fan of the "salty and sweet" thing, though. I want my savory foods savory, and I want my sweet foods sweet.

@resserts I agree with you on that. It’s the only I mix though. Not a fan of kettlle popcorn but I do like fiddle faddle. 😉

@MyLiege Surprisingly, I don't mind kettle corn so much — though I haven't had it in ages, and I eat almost nothing sugary now so I probably wouldn't really care for it like I remember.

@silvereyes don’t know about it being a southern thing, always did it when growing up in NY. 😉

Yup! I do that. Try a little salt on apple slices. Same effect. Yum.

My mother did that too!!! I love watermelon but cannot stand them with salt. @resserts

I completely agree with you. @resserts about keeping salty and sweet apart.

yeah, it "draws" the sugar out.

I always salt my melon. The rest of my family thinks I'm crazy.

My husband always did this, too, @MyLiege, and he was from San Francisco. I don't do it myself but I'm fine if it's already salted. Then again, I like the salty/sweet thing. Most particularly, chocolate covered pretzels.

If I'm actively trying to make people say ew I find a way to work the word (moist) into the conversation.

@silvereyes yes it is all in the delivery

i feel moistfully slipping in the moistery. what a moist!

I’m not at all certain. No ones said “ew” to me since I was 12.

Ew. @silvereyes

@Gatovicolo, ugh!

Ewww!@walklightly

eurrrrkh! @Gatovicolo L 😀 L

Yecch @walklightly

L 😀 L! @Gatovicolo ...& you had to edit this 😀 😀 😀 buuuurghs!

Retch@walklightly

sorry, @Gatovicolo, i ran out of bile, so i'll just have to love ya 🙂

I love ya back. @walklightly

❤ @Gatovicolo

Keep trying. You can do it! We believe in you!

Faugh @heathen77

Faugh @heathen77

Eat a lot of raw onions. Don’t always bother to dice them up either. I don’t know why anyone would think that’s wrong. 😉. An apple a day, keeps the doctor away. An onion a day takes care of the rest. lol

It is. But I still like them. It’s a lot like hot peppers only it takes a little longer for Yue burning to get to you. If you eat some bread or drink milk with your onion, that helps a bit. @silvereyes

It’s an acquired taste. @MrLizard

Raw oysters... crawfish... oakra fried and boiled and stewed with tomatoes.... that's about it...

I'll have what he's having

Play rock n roll and drink cheap beer? Seriously, like Busch Light and Hamms. The reeeeally cheap garbage.

Just don't hit bottom and drink Milwaukee's Beast!!

I may have a couple tallboys of that in the fridge right now, actually 😉 Hamm's is my go to- 9 and change for a 30 pack.

billy beer!

Now THAT is ewww!

Peaches with cottage cheese and Italian dressing. Mmm, mmm, good????

That actually sounds pretty good.

@resserts it is!!

I was going to say rock on......until I got to the Italian dressing. How did that even ever happen?

@BlueWave I was at a salad bar and slopped the dressing from my veggie salad on to my fruit salad! It was a happy day!!!!

Put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up.

Balsamic vinegar on sliced strawberries

I chew ice.

Are you iron deficient?

@MyLiege Chronically.

And we're all women. lol

My granddaughter does that too.

I only did that while I was pregnant. No desire to chew ice otherwise.

@JoeMastle has she had her iron levels checked?

Not washing my jeans for a week. Washing just makes them wear out faster right? There's a simple rule of thumb - when they stand up by themselves - it's time for the laundry.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 16, 2018

My son was a proponent of this as a teen

Regarding your bizarre peanut butter sandwich and chili habit:
[seriouseats.com]

@silvereyes It didn't immediately register when I read your post, but then I vaguely remembered seeing something a long time ago about adding peanut butter to chili — and it turned out that I wasn't imagining things, it's a real thing. lol

Great one more dish I have to ask "Did you put peanut butter in that?". (or Fish).

@silvereyes Ah, interesting. Did you reduce bread in your diet for any specific reason, or just a general thought that it probably isn't healthy to eat very much? I've cut way back on bread (right now I'm eating none, but long term I'll be back to eating moderately). Store-bought or bakery-bought bread contains a lot of processed ingredients and it's out of balance (e.g., added vital wheat gluten instead of allowing it to form naturally from the existing proteins). I made an artisan bread (four ingredients: flour, water, yeast, and salt) and that was good — though I tried making it with only whole wheat flour and it is incredibly dense, though it's actually pretty tasty. I think it would be good cut into small pieces and eaten as a snack with dip or something.

@resserts That was an interesting article. It was sweet that it said peanut butter is the secret ingredient in chili, not just for Vegans! Can't wait to try it.

If y'all make your own chili, I highly recommend a little cinnamon. At first I thought "Ewwww, no way!" But then I convinced myself that if Emeril does it, it's worth a try. I'll never make it differently now.

@MrLizard I've heard cocoa really adds body to chili flavor.

@BlueWave Cinnamon sounds good, in moderation (and paired with some hot spices).

Drink pickle juice.
The best are Claussen and Vlasic. 😉

I think this is becoming fairly common. I'll do that a little now and then with dill pickle juice (though not a glass full or anything — too salty), my father drinks sweet pickle juice, a coworker would take a sip of dill pickle juice occasionally, and there's even pickle juice soda (http://www.delish.com/food-news/news/a52859/pickle-juice-soda/). I'll sometimes drink apple cider vinegar, too, just a shot's worth (and I find it helps with indigestion).

@silvereyes I've never actually tried the pickle juice soda. I don't drink much soda anyway, but I've never encountered pickle juice soda in my shopping adventures. I'd definitely try it, though. As for the vinegar, I just gulp it when I drink it. It barely, if at all, touches my teeth.

Yikes @the salt in that tho 😮

I know people who ascribed curative benefits to that one!

I've been doing it since I was a kid, but I can only take a little bit of its sour goodness at a time. My daughter likes it too. lol

I've done this and agree, Claussen dill juice RULES!

@Zster Don't pass on Vlasic dills, they have wonderful juice too.

@Crimson67 I've heard about this, I started doing it as a kid because I liked the taste. My daughter sent me an article about two weeks ago that explains the health benefits of what you described. Thanks, Doc! 😉

I make "sandwiches" out of saltines and ketchup and sometimes I put steak sauce on my salads

I dipped saltines in ketchup when I was a kid. That was rather tasty, as I recall.

@silvereyes I had a conversation this afternoon with a coworker about putting ketchup on scrambled eggs when I was a kid. I loved it, but what I didn't realize was that scrambled eggs shouldn't be done the way my mother made them. She overcooked the eggs until they were roughly the consistency of a kitchen sponge, so they needed ketchup. I learned to make them the right way, and in the British style (which is a bit fluffier), and I'll never again need to put ketchup on scrambled eggs. When done right, they're so velvety and smooth. Delicious!

Oh wow. These really are turning into "Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!"

Sticking with the food theme, I have a cousin who'd put ketchup on her cream cheese bagel. I said ew, then tried it and will very occasionally do it myself now for a change up. The more common one is purely a cultural thing. Indians eat spicy food at breakfast and most people think the very idea is disgusting

Salted apples? Love those.

lmao 😛

@twshield Trying to get into Android app development, with some real life stuff mixed in there.

@twshield I've thought about trying to root one of my devices, but I'm too worried about bricking it! lol

I'm not sure this is really an "ew" thing, but here goes: Sometimes I'll eat popcorn and drink milk with it. People often think that's weird, but it's really good. I think the milk helps cleanse the palate of that progressive sense that you're tasting nothing but the salt at some point.

@silvereyes Haha, I think that would work, too. 😉

Yes, weird. 🙂

@MrLizard It gets soggy too fast. :'(

Marmite and period sex

It's a strong and odd taste "love it or hate it" is the saying @silvereyes

I just commented on my love of Vegemite before I read this. 🙂

Sour cream on pizza. It's divine.

Ever try ranch and hot sauce on pizza?

@silvereyes Yes it is. Now I'm craving some lol

Pick my nose and flick the contents at them.

When food falls on the floor I will always eat it unless there is an appreciable amount of dust or sand on it, even then I will probably wash it with water and still eat it 😛 I guess you could say I trust my immune system.

Where do you work?

While in thailand I caught some virus. didn't feel like going to a thai doctor who would have given me some big pharma med, possibly antibiotics; so I self-medicated with a few days of urine therapy, whereby one's own urine is ingested. I didn't much care for the taste, but 5 days later I was rid of the illness.

less sensational is my taste for strawberry jam on emmental cheese sandwich. I also leave the rind on organic lemons & oranges when I add them to my breakfast smoothie before blending.

aaaaaw, @silvereyes, not even a tiny "ew" for it?

did you google it now? it's, according to alternative medicine, an option to revive the autoimmune system, i think similar to how vaccination should work, but better actually.

thank you, @silvereyes 😉

I like the taste of some bugs and grubs.

can you describe it? the taste, i mean.

@walklightly I guess kinda like a corn nut.

that sounds rather yummy, @JoeMastle. i had a friend who ate mealworms, claiming they tasted like liquid oats. i love oats, just never got my head around the "liquid" part.

@walklightly liquid oat sounds about right for mealworms. Lol

never wash my hands or face , shower twice a week. AND i'm just as healthy if not better than most. all those soaps and sanitizers are a marketers dream

I'm right there with you on the sanitizers. I have used it maybe twice in my life -- only when water wasn't available.

i never wash my hands with soap; or my arms, legs, back, come to think.

I shower daily and wash my face daily, but I never wash my hands after using the restroom lol. Just like sanitizers, it seems unnecessary.

I skip showers a lot when I'm off since I work indoors anyway. I have read that skipping showers is good for the skin and I do look younger than my years

I do use a lot of hand sanitizer though because I work with the public

Fart.

I could describe what they sound like, but I'd likely get punted off the site... 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24813
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.