Agnostic.com

72 17

Spring is coming! What do you most look forward to?

I'm ready for the spring. I want to plant a tree in my yard. I'm waiting for these icy roads to let up. What are you most looking forward to in the spring?

silvereyes 8 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

72 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everything! Planting my garden, and going sailing, for starters.

skado Level 9 Feb 23, 2018

You can sail year round in Alabama. I sure did in Texas. We just moved to New Jersey. My sailing season definitely shortened a bit with the move.

@ScottAHurst True, I can and have, but inland winds here are more reliable in Spring and Fall. August is bob&bake, and January is float&freeze.

Soon, I'll be searching for a race boat to crew on in or around Long Island. I hope to find a ~50 ft sloop with a buoy and offshore program. I've been racing on a J/105 (mostly) the last 5 years.

I'll be rejoining my Texas boat on Lake Michigan this year. We'll do the Chicago-Mac a second time together and then race J/105 North American Championships there the following week.

I look forward to seeing the blossom on the trees and the emergence of daffodils and tulips in the garden. More hours of daylight and a gradual increase in temperature. Going for a long ride on my motorcycle.

Beautiful women leaving their houses lol

@twshield No, but less willing to come out of their warm homes lol

@silvereyes I do, it's called snuggling up in a corner with a warm computer!

@JackPedigo I thought that was a year-round practice.

@JosephHarrison It hasn't been but is turning out that way. Don't worry, I still find time to do projects. You won't have to listen to my rantings as much come Spring.

Lower electric bills.

@silvereyes ?? Your hibernating corner must be really warm or you have no AC (not in Okie land).

At the moment the woods I walk through are bare. I look forward to the new growth, smells and hearing the bird song and many more smiley faces.

It's already here for us!

Zster Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

So, to those north of us... spring IS on it's way. We are seeing it.

The next winter.

@silvereyes Your powers of deduction are impressive. Yeah, I do. The lack of insects, the cool temperatures, all that stuff. Also, the food is so much better than it is in summer.

@silvereyes What are insects? Besides from an occasional mosquito we don't have a lot of bugs.

@JackPedigo Plant mints . The mosquitos don't like being around the mint .

Forgot about flies. Not normal a lot here but across the street is a pony farm. The ponies are gone but there a 3 donkeys. I do a few big horse flies. Spiders are small and the main problem comes in the fall. You have to walk with your arm raised to get through the webs. All in all the NW is pretty tame as far as bugs go. @silvereyes

@Cast1es Unfortunately, that creates a bigger problem than the bugs. Mint can be an invasive and it is hard to control. Our area is naturally low on pesky bugs.

Well being on the other side of the world, I am so over this very hot summer and can't wait until Autumn/fall when it gets a bit cooler.
Though in spring I love the daffodils, and going out in the country, watching the lambs play in the daffodils lol. Ahhh New Zealand spring.

Sacha Level 7 Feb 23, 2018

The sick, self-flagellating act of putting in a garden. Do it every year and every fall think "never again". Then spring starts rearing it's taunting head, daring me to once again drop seeds into the ground. I'll probably fall for it again this year, I've already checked the best date to plant kale seeds indoors, ( March 1 if you're interested) so, what can I do?

I'm looking forward to tilling up the ground for my vegetable garden, and eventually planting (though I haven't decided everything I want to grow this year, but I think I'll forego the beets and maybe the green beans, even though I like beans but I hate picking them). I'm looking forward to getting out for occasional walks, maybe a bicycle ride now and then, and maybe spending some time at my camp in the woods (which I should do a lot more often, but I don't think I went even once last summer).

@silvereyes Mine is a one-speed — and that speed is "slow." But I like it for leisurely rides. Hills are still a pain in the derrière, though. (I never had a multi-speed bicycle that didn't have gear problems. The simple gearing on my bike never lets me down.)

Warm, warm, warm!!

For it to be over. I have bad Springtime allergies.

Look for an allergist who does "mast" (vast?) testing. It's a blood test, and they custom mix a serum based on your specific combination of allergies. I had this done some years ago, it was the best thing I ever did for my allergies. Almost no reaction s for years after.

Traveling and camping.

I look forward to lower heat bills. Sure, the warmer weather, flowers and sunshine are enjoyable. But winter has it's own charms for me. Except heat bills.

Not wearing so many clothes and fewer dark grey rainy days.

SamL Level 7 Feb 23, 2018

Warmer weather, so I can get out and about more.

marga Level 7 Feb 23, 2018

I always look for the first insects. Saw a bumblebee last week in a warm spell but it's gone cold now. Hoping to see flies soon and then a few butterflies 🙂 Then I'm always on the lookout for the specific species that herald Spring, like Gonia picea on my local nature reserve 🙂

It's summer year around in southern Thailand.
Flowers and flowering trees seen along side streets near me.

@silvereyes One of my Thai Morehead State University students showed me photos of birds he'd taken in Sataburi, Thailand, and I vowed to go there. So, in 2010, after a divorce, and after my parents had just passed away, and both kids were grown and gone, I found a teaching job in Saraburi, Thailand, and moved here in 2010. Since, I've lived in several places, but Songkhla is the best place so far. I have to leave now, though, since they changed the Thai law, so that I've aged out of the allowed age for foreign teachers.

@silvereyes There has always been a 60 yr old cap for regular teachers but foreign ESL teachers were given a pass. But recently, they changed the law to include all teachers.

Roses

Maximum blooms and getting the Alfa Romeo out of storage and out for drives.

Ohub Level 7 Feb 23, 2018

Krokuses

The garden. New place means more growing opportunities. My bicycle wants to meet the new streets too. The woods need to be explored. I am looking forward to warmer. Dryer sounds perfect right now though

last 4th of july I laid in the grass and looked at the sky, it occurred to me that it had been over a year since I had last done that.

I am looking forward to do that more often this year. That and the beach.

Not being cold!!!! Think it's an age thing 😟

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28094
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.