Agnostic.com

38 3

What's the best way to get into a woman's heart (if ya know what I mean).

atheist 8 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Treat her with dignity and respect as an equal.

Try not to to interrupt.

Accept gracefully, the fact that she is always right.

And don't send unsolicited dick pics. Ever.

Here to help! 😉

Lol!

You have been reading my wishlist!

Treat her exactly like she treats you.

If you have to interrupt her she wasn't treating you with dignity and respect in the first place. See #1

She is not right as often as she would like you to believe.

If she doesn't like penises what are you wasting your time talking to her for?

Well, hello, soulmate. furiously batting my eyelashes

@Ruby_Slipper @HippieChick58 Sorry ladies, only here for community, I have a beautiful wife that is a keeper. 🙂

@Anonbene

I always treat others with dignity and respect, regardless of how they treat me. If they do not reciprocate, I move on.

Unwarranted interruptions are best avoided. If they are not treating me with dignity and respect, see #1

I know that - why burst her bubble? 😉

It is irrelevant how much she likes penises. Sending unsolicited pics is about consent not content.

@Uncorrugated

Your first two sentences contradict each other. You can't say regardless and then add a condition.

I see you added a condition to being interrupted. Unwarranted, who's to say if the interruption is unwarranted? The woman that won't shut up or the guy refuting the last thing she said before she goes off on some non related tangent still assuming her last point was valid simply because she wasn't corrected?

My statement on whether penises are relevant in relationships and the ladies opinion of penises stands on it's own.

@Anonbene

I don't see the contradiction. If a relationship is not working, it is not disrespectful or undignified to say so and end the relationship. It would be more disrespectful to continue a relationship just to get your end away from time to time....

In general, men and women communicate differently. Men often want to 'fix things' when all that is needed is to listen and not to start offering solutions. I often work with families where the biggest problem is that one partner never lets the other finish and they just end up talking over each other and getting nowhere. For much of the time it is better to let someone finish before sticking in your 2 cents worth. That doesn't mean there aren't times when you need to interrupt and reframe the conversation, it just means you have to work out when the interruption is needed.

I know lots of ladies who like penises but don't want to be sent pictures of them. So I stand by my comment about consent.

Be genuinely interested in getting to know her as a person. Don't just value 1 or 2 things about her, such as appearance or money, or how screwed up she is and in need of your help. Yeah, I've dated some guys with serious 'savior complexes' who lost interest in me because I have my shit together and they prefer to date little trouble dolls because it makes them feel better about themselves, they can act like a 'hero' and 'save' her, etc. Don't be that guy.

I married one of those and I got left behind because I got my shit together and someone else didn't. Good riddance I say!

@geeky1965 Yeah, I dated one for 3 years and wondered why he never seemed more invested in our relationship and spent so much time obsessing over a former troubled co-worker who'd broken his heart 5 years prior to our relationship. He hadn't even dated the co-worker, either. She'd just used him for emotional support while living with an abusive boyfriend who she kept going back to, and then when she got pregnant with the abuser's child, she cut off all contact with my future b/f. He got so depressed, he went on medical leave from work for 2 months, and when he returned, she'd left the company. 5 years later when we started dating, he was still depressed over it. eyeroll About a year after we stopped dating, I learned he was dating a drug addict who was trying to get clean and he was doing everything in his power to help her... like pay her rent and pay some of her tuition at pharmacy school. A drug addict going to school to be a pharmacist?? Really? Yeah, I can't see the problem with that! eyeroll...again.

@atheist Being compassionate and having a savior complex to feed your ego are two completely different things.

Same as with men, through the rib cage.

Lol.

Almost word for word what I was going to say except I was going to try and work a scalpel in there somewhere. 🙂

@kmdskit3 why use a scalpel when you have 10 fingers?

@kmdskit3 Me, too, but I was going to specify which ribs, too.

Haha, good one. I was gonna say .50 BMG but people would've taken that the wrong way

my favorite joke - thru the chest with a sharp knife.

Usually with a bone saw and rib spreader. rolls eyes Don’t act like you guys don’t watch Grey’s Anatomy too!????

I've always found that saying "Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk past again?" Doesn't help at all.

I'd laugh

Scalpel

Puppies, lots of puppies!!

yes, show up with a truck bed full of puppies

@atheist Kittens!

If you mean on this website, it would help to post a photo of yourself, complete your profile, tell what kind of person you'd like to meet, and join conversations in a polite, kind, respectful, humorous manner.

If someone interests you, you can read her profile, find out where she lives and what she's looking for in a relationship, see all her posts-attached to the profile, engage her in a few casual conversations on topics that interest her, and if she seems ok with it, try a private message, and see if you can get a friendship going.

But if you only meant how you can seduce a woman, then you deserve what you get...ew!

You judgemental about birds of a feather @birdingnut? Never! 😀

@atheist Gross. Now I'll block you. I was giving you the benefit of a doubt.

I think there needs to be at least a little chemistry and then show a lot of respect for her individuality and except the things that she likes that are different to you and sometimes do the thing that she enjoys most, even when you really don't care for it. And for 'gods' sake don't patronize!

Be a person that anyone can respect.

@atheist Hahaha!

Make her laugh.

BABIES, lots and lots of babies. Forget dogs. If you are a young guy and walk around with a tiny baby, girls come out of the woodwork.

LOL!!!!!!

@Crimson67 ditto. I might look at it a minute then hand it back

Not all of us.

@atheist I know right. But imagine you are are 26 years old, you have a 3 months old baby girl. It is raining so you have her in one of those baby things on your chest while you check out your fave surf spot. 7 drop dead topless girls between 18 and 23 come running out of the surf and crowd all around you because you are this big guy with the very tiny baby all in pink on your chest. My blood was boiling. I have found that women love good dads. There are some possible conflicts in all this, but, I no complain.

A little boy came to his dad one day and asked for pointers on how to talk to girls
His dad said first you have to say you're sorry
The boy replied for what I didn't do anything.
His dad told him he wouldn't tell him until he said he was sorry.
The boy getting mad said what am I supposed to be sorry for I didn't do anything.
His dad just shrugged and said I can't tell you until you say your sorry.
The boy said angrily fine I'm sorry, I'm sorry!
His dad said now your ready to talk to girls

LMAO

So mysterious

That's just wrong

It's simple really

that wouldn't go over with me. I don't think I'm "pretty". and I don't think pretty is something I aspire to. Tell me I'm witty, I'm insightful (and please don't sound surprised when you say it), tell me I'm wise, and kind, and compassionate. Make me laugh, and laugh at my jokes. Ask for my advice and show me that you are listening!

Right-hand side between the second and third rib next to the sternum unless your using a big gun then you don't have to be so picky. (I know what you mean @athiest). watch out everybody atheist is a serial killer.

With a sharp knife through the ribs... Sorry, I couldn't resist as this has often been told to me the other way around.

I know it sounds crazy but, be a nice guy, be supportive, be kind, and be tough when the situation calls for it. Listen to her, uninterrupted. Tell her how you feel about her.

Good luck!

Yup! That's a lot of it right there!

i beat you too it lol

@atheist Don't let anyone walk all over you. What did you think I meant?

Honesty

Isn't this a question best posed to a cardiologist? 😉

Honest... It depends on the woman and your set of skills. You have to play to your strengths... if sex is not your game find another field. But be aware... unhappy at sex is not a good state of mind. Other women will be concerned with your fiscal responsibility. Others are drugs. Others a fun factor. Never met a woman that danced and did not enjoyed romance. Whatever... bank your play to your strengths and there is no fail proof formula.

@atheist And been pushed off it too without a parachute.

@atheist he, he, he, ha, he.... you know, when they tell you, take a good look at it because it is the last time you are going to see it. he, he, ha.

If spending a freezing cold night sleeping in the car in ASDA (Walmart) carpark in some godforsaken place doesn't get me into her heart (I needed the help of Northumbrian police to get her out of Newcastle airport because people were after her) then nothing will.

This question assumes that all women have a heart to get into.

Now that sounds like a cautionary tale you should finish!

@RavenCT Finished, I hope.

A scalpel could work. That and chloroform so she doesn't struggle.

Theres a famous story for this one look for the story of 'Sir Lancelot and what women want
[blog.makingherhappy.com]

Unless you're chasing sweet young things any reasonably civil suggestion should work as long as you can back it up with the goods. Above 40 the pickings get slim if you're a woman, with a few exceptions you have the men who have a partner already, the men who haven't got the nerve to talk to a woman until they are so drunk you wouldn't let them drive a car let alone tinker under the hood, the ones that think they can but can't and the totally bat shit crazy. Why do you think we turn into cougars?

Kimba Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

I must admit, I haven't a clue. Don't stalk them?

@atheist like in, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."?

@atheist thx for the vote of confidence; ^)

@Condor5 wrong answer lol

@rossit0725 see what I mean?

Tell me I'm witty, I'm insightful (and please don't sound surprised when you say it), tell me I'm wise, and kind, and compassionate. Make me laugh, and laugh at my jokes. Ask for my advice and show me that you are listening! Care about me and show me.

I know what you mean and this isn't the answer you're looking for because I don't think there is an answer that would be of any use. So, I'll answer the question without the hidden meaning instead.

No magic list will work for all women all the time. Two failed marriages have taught me to do the following.

1. Listen: Men can be terrible listeners, and we tend to interrupt with our recommendations. Shut up and let her talk and that can sometimes take a while, so be patient, but when she's done, if appropriate, respond.
  2. Take an interest in her. Be apart of those things she likes.
  3. Do things without her asking you to do them. Examples: Dishes, sweeping or vacuuming, Get groceries needed in the house. Get up early and feed the kids/pet.
  4. Just hold her, not ever romantic offering must result in sex.

Make sure she is independent first. Nothing worse than a woman that is high maintenance and doesn't have the money to support herself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28326
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.