Agnostic.com

64 15

Have you ever been annoyed by just the sight or voice of a person?

EmeraldJewel 7 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

64 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, there's this guy in the White House...

I get that way, at the sound of Trump's voice!

I don't know about sight. But the voice? most definitely! Especially women that have vocal fry or baby voices or end everything they say like a drawn out question??

People who hijack a meeting or gathering by taking over the conversation because they implicitly believe they are the smartest person in the room, only to prove they are not by everything they say and do.

Yes I think that the fashion for wearing a collar back to front is really annoying.

All the time. The trick is not to show it. I think that's what a stable person does.

All the time.

Im annoyed by the sight and voice of most people.....

Yes, even in text only. Woman was a Gun loving, libertarian, radical vegan, animal rights activist who shouts down people for using the word soul in a non religious contex. She's dead to me now.

YES ...the great orange orangutan himself donny trump !!!

Don't malign orangutans, they are lovely animals with feelings.

YES! 45 makes me most annoyed and I do not want to hear him or listen to him. He's a liar and a conman.

Yes. I suspect it's conditioning - much like Pavlov's dogs.

So if you are aware of it - you can help mitigate the response.

Except 45. I recommend Nerf bricks for the tv.

First semester of college, my roommate's girlfriend came to visit. She was really petite, but her voice had this low tone to it similar to how people sound when they have a cold or nasal congestion. I assumed she had a cold, so it was understandable that she sounded like that. However, it was still a little unsettling since that was my first impression of her.

A few weeks later, the GF comes to visit again but this time my roommate's sister comes too. The GF still sounds sick, so in private I mention to the sister how it sucks the GF is always sick when she comes to visit. Turns out that the GF is not sick. That's how she always sounds.

My roommate always thanked me for giving him and his GF privacy whenever she came to visit. In truth, it was because I hated the sound of her voice and did not want to listen to it.

My Ex was a narcissist. I’ve taken care of two kids by myself because of her addictions. I can’t stand the sight of her.

Our POTUS.

I am still annoyed by the sight of some people - I try not to allow them close enough to hear their voice.

Yes, Trump, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, and Newt Gingrich all do that to me.

Big DITTO there!

Yes I used to work for this woman who sounded like an old heavy set Fran Drescher and I could not stand her voice especially when she complained incessantly incidentally she was from Jersey

Yes! The SQUATTER living in the WH.

I have an example from long ago of someone whose voice I found extremely obnoxious. Mutual friends encouraged me to give her a chance and we became friends and are still friends today. I'm glad that I got over that one.

I am annoyed by self-pitying moaning.

Yes, and sometimes it was even by good people.

It's not the face but the voice. I just never know what's going to set it off. If there's someone talking very loudly in a room and I'm trying to talk to someone, I find I can't concentrate. I listen to the loudest voice in the room. This just happen when checking into a hotel and I was very tired. I couldn't focus on the desk clerk because the man next to me and the group behind me were extremely loud. It didn't help that my ears were plugged up from and cold and flying cross country. I felt sorry for the desk clerk because I asked her to repeat information.

I can relate

Grown women who speak in little girl voice, or intentionally hiss their ss's trying to be cute/sexy. Any adult whose voice is 1/2 whine.
It is nails on chalkboard.

And when they tilt their heads to give a cutesy look out of the side of their eyes. Best given up when you turn ten.

You mean aside from Drumpf?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:352099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.