Agnostic.com

35 15

LINK Ark Encounter founder warns ‘kids of all ages’ that libraries are becoming dangerous - New York Daily News

Oh no... What if kids red books and find out religion is a just a bunch of ancient myths and superstitions?

snytiger6 9 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

More or less sums up the Trump/evangelical point of view

LOL... I love that Meme. I'll probably laugh a little about it all day.

@snytiger6 I know . . its brilliant and usable in so many situations!

Hehehe! Knowledge is dangerous! Just wait till kids find out about Google!

Damn. I guess I will have to toss my math and physics books. I just can’t wrap my head around the way Ham and his like think. The Hovind’s are probably the worst. I put all of them in the category with climate change deniers and moon landing deniers.

Got to agree. I remember my first anarchic tendencies were spawned from reading Wind In The Willows. This was capped off by the glorification of the villainous folkloric hero Robin Hood and the frequent subversive trespass by the Famous Five.

No good came from it!

When it comes to evangelical christians, knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Libraries have always been a threat to those in power via deception and indoctrination. This is why the Nazi's burned books.

I cannot get this link in Europe but I kinda get the gist.

I say run with it. 6" war declared banner headlines "LIBRARIES ARE DANGEROUS SAYS CHURCH". That would send so many kids flocking there. They could become the new rock-n-roll. All the really cool guys would be inside the library. "Hey, there's Johnny. He's owns 2 cards!" "Yeah, I heard he just formed his own book club.... dreamy guy."
Or
"Where are you off to at this time?"
"I'm just off to the mall to hang out"
"Really?"
"Honest dad"
"Don't let me find out that you've been to that library"
"Dad, you treat me like a kid sometimes"

Books would get a kind of retro cool that vinyl has in music. "You get the full hit when you do paper"

(I look forward to furthering contributions)

Whenever I see some nonsense from creationists about Noah's Ark, I recall an article from at least 15 years ago about how the GISP2 Greenland Ice Sheet Project proves no global flood occurred within the ladt 110,000 years - much less than the last 6,000 years as claimed by young earth creationists. Never mind all the other problems with the Noah's Ark stories (because the Bible does have two conflicting versions of it). I found the article by Paul H Seely titled "The GISP2Ice Core: Ultimate Proof that Noah's Flood Was Not Global" from a Google search, but can't figure out how to copy in the link since it opens as a pdf download. The Youtube link below covers the same information and through a series of videos goes into details of the evidence and how the data was gathered.

Also, the Chinese have written records going back about 6,000 years. That would indicate that one, man is older than 6000 years, and two that the mythical flood did tno affect China.

I love libraries ❤️

Sadly it just says this website is not available in most European countries.

Anybody whose philosophy suggests that knowledge and information is dangerous has chosen poorly.

Libraries have always been dangerous to ignorance!

His mythical story book starts out with a warning... "Avoid the tree of knowledge!!!" .... Haha.

Lol. The most dangerous book for Christianity is the bible itself. How many of you know the story of Elisha and the bears?

Yep
That's a just and righteous God for ya

That shows how twisted the thinking of many vocal evangelicals has become. They genuinely fear learning and critical thinking.

The willful ignorance of Ham and those like him boggles the mind, but I’m an NC native, I’m used to it.
There’s an old Alice In Chains album, Devil Made Dinosaurs...xtians believe either that Satan places fossils to test their faith, OR, like in Ham’s ‘museum’, the Dino’s coexisted with Adam and Eve. Either way, pure delusion.

Ken Ham is such an ass.
He's just mad that his con is failing miserably.

Libraries are the same as they've always been.
Knowledge has always been the kryponite of the believers.
They can't defeat it, and it always defeats them.

Yes! Haim is becoming a millionaire with his religious youth circus, now differently a three ring circus!

He's right. It's hard to keep them dumb & sheeplike when they discover the library.

Poor guy! He needs to stuff his Ark with life-size replicas of every Dinosaur species ever found! That might snap him out of his dementia!

I can certainly see why theists would regard libraries as dangerous places. They have IDEAS there, and if you’re around ideas too much, they might be “catchy.” Wouldn’t want that, now would we?

Very dangerous, I found a religious tome disguised as a science book in one, scary: [patreon.com]

Anyone could find out about myth, superstition, and the fact that the Ark Encounter project was not even done to the standard of the big book in the first place.

Idiot

bobwjr Level 10 July 1, 2019

Even better if they 'read' the books.

Wrytyr Level 7 June 30, 2019

You cannot expect anything els from the ark encounter founder. Don't be so surprised about this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:367772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.