Agnostic.com

16 11

Big game hunter killed when shot elephant collapsed on top of him

He was beaten by his own game.

He got what he deserved. I love that a female elephant charged from the side and picked him up with her trunk.

[nypost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It makes me sad

That the elephant died

Never mind a Darwin award. Give the guy a JUMBO award

Probably going to get hate for playing Devil's Advocate here, but there is a point behind trophy hunting besides some rich folk getting their rocks off.

I never personally understood the desire to trophy hunt, but the money they spend goes back into preservation of the parks, or at least it's supposed to. The meat typically goes to the local community. They usually hunt problem animals (an example would be when a pair of bull elephants went on an endangered rhino killing spree) or animals that are no longer good breeders. Granted not every hunting camp is responsible like that, they're supposed to target the individuals that the rest of the population will either benefit from their removal or not have an effect on the rest of the population.

Poaching is different from monitored trophy hunting, but many seem to get them confused.

In some cases that may be true but now many animals, lions in particular, are bred to be released and shot by trophy hunters. I would take the hunters guns away and give them a knife. Even things up a bit.

@Billboy A good way to tell is that a real poacher doesn't typically pose for a photo op. You usually only see photos of poachers when they're dead, shot by a warden.

@Moravian I'd be down with that, or bows and arrows and spears. I never liked guns, always thought they were for pusses.

Proof that Elephants never forgive, or forget!

Just a pity it was the professional hunter and not one of his wealthy clients.

@MrBeelzebubble

This professional hunting guide taught and led many people to kill elephants, lions, giraffes, tigers and other endangered animals.

He got what he deserved.

It could not have happened to a nicer man.

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead

IMO best comment so far!

Poetic justice love it

bobwjr Level 10 July 20, 2019

Poetic justice or karma in action. Bravo...Appears the female elephant outsmarted the douchebag.....

Splat.

Poetic justice.

I'm not smiling....I'm not.........HAHAHaaaa.........shhhh............

Karma can be a bitch.

Thank you for this. I have been feeling down all day. This is a nice little pick me up. 🙂

Good, too bad his buddies weren't with him

Buddha Level 8 July 19, 2019

I grew up hunting small game for food, but have never understood trophy hunting.

I think you meant food, instead of good.

@dalefvictor sorry.

When they were plenty and still exotic you could see the "sport", but not now. Not when we know better, its criminal.

@Tooreen I think people who do this think they are doing something impressive, to which I say if you want to impress me heal the animal you shot, bring it back to life and show that you really care for the life of the animal. Otherwise, you are just wasting your time and the time of the creatures.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:376594
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.