Agnostic.com

22 3

Do you look like anyone 'famous'?

I was at the hardware store today (hardware stores are like candy shops to me) and a customer told me that I looked like Peter Frampton. I asked, "Peter Frampton with short hair?" He said Peter Frampton has short, gray hair just like me now. (I haven't seen pictures of Peter Frampton since the middle 70's.)

Anyway, has anyone ever told you that you look like someone 'famous'?

AstralSmoke 8 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nanny Fran . Over and over again for 20 yrs , I am sick of it . The voice too . Now that new generations don't know nanny Fran , I get less and I love it .

She must have been nice like you

Fran is a beautiful talented woman like you

Getting less and loving it! I wasn't sure who nanny Fran was. Now I do. Funny lady. You'd be the first Virginian I've met that sounds like she came out of NYC. At least you're pretty!

Can't stand that woman either. Not funny and that voice!

When I had my first child about 25. I woke up to hear the nurses say "I told you she looks like Sissy Spacek. I don't normally have freckles but burst the veins in my face pushing my daughter out giving the illusion of freckles. This was about 33 years ago.

That had to be a bit trippy to wake up too? Gees.

I've been told I look like Johnny Depp, even cosplayed as Jack Sparrow for a few years for charity events and stuff... no, I'd don't have the pics anymore, sorry.

It's the cheekbones. That much I know.

Phew not since I was sixteen and someone told me I looked like Wonder Woman! 😂

Zero facial resemblance. Some superficial height and curve resemblance back then.

Yes ... Frankenstein!

Who told you that?

@AstralSmoke I put a photo for comparison.

@PontifexMarximus Just like him!

My friends said I looked like Micky Mouse. Asshats.

Time for new friends?

When I was younger, I was often mistaken for Susan Sarandon. Once I was chased through the West Palm Airport by a fan who wanted an autograph and wouldn’t believe I wasn’t Susan. I was wearing a white dress with big red polka dots, red pumps, sunglasses and a floppy red hat. I think it was the outfit and the figure back in the day.

I can see it.

Lewis Black

At least he is calm and quiet!

@AstralSmoke lol right!

Not that I know of

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 14, 2019

When I was in college, I was told I looked like Bruce Willis and Jerry Doyle. But that was many years — and beard inches — ago.

Well, you're definitely better looking than me.

@AstralSmoke Nah. These days I'm usually confused for someone living under a bridge — homeless or troll, take your pick.

@resserts That sounds like me!

Years ago, at Farm Aid, my landlord mistook me for Stan Herd, the crop artist, who apparently was in town for the event. Of course no one, then or now, knew what Stan Herd looked like. I decided my landlord was either an idiot, drunk, or both.
Another time I was at the Village Inn, and a fellow at the booth behind mine kept saying "Buddy. Buddy!" My friend I was with said "I think that guy's trying to get your attention". I turned and asked if he was talking to me, and he said "Too good to talk to an old friend? Don't pretend you don't know me; I was in the cell next to yours in the joint". No amount of denial on my part could convince that fellow that I was not his old pal Buddy. I have no idea if Buddy was famous, or infamous, but apparently I do look like someone I'm not. Does that count?

Cory Feldman while i was young. Now i may be turning into a young John Goodman as i get older. Why can't it be the more mature Patrick Warburton??

I have been accused of looking like Mary Chapin Carpenter in days of yore but I think they were liars

When I was younger, thinner, with long long hair..... I was compared to Edie Brickell (singer) and Jane Seymour (actress).....but I don't think I looked like either one (I wish I did 🙂 )

I think soo.... usually guys on dating sites years and years ago... but when asked in online questions which famous person do I look like I have no answer... I legit don't know... maybe kirsten stewart since I don RBF (resting bich face) so often

Kirsten with long brown hair... not the short blonde mess she has now XD

In my thirties I used to look like Eddie Vedder. I know this because (I lived in Seattle at the time) people followed me to my car for an autograph. Waiters would ask me if I was why they thought I was... Now I just look like the Michelin Man.

No hair, no beard, skinny - Ewan McGregor, circa Trainspotting.
Beard and long hair - Jesus, even though I'm neither Jewish nor Mexican.
The weird one is people looking at old photos of me with no hair and goatee - Walter White.

Nope

This was the first time anyone had told me I looked like someone else. Don't hold your breath, it still might happen.

@AstralSmoke I'll be OK. 🙂

@Sticks48 I was worried about you, but I'm glad you'll be ok 😉

I've been compared to Lupita, Janelle Monae, and Kerry Washington.

Yup

Wow, you're pretty famous! Almost like the Faces of Eve.

yup definitely with a different hairstyle you could be kerry washington's stunt double 😉

@wenepai. Kerry washington wowsers

...not anymore.. Having moved to the deep woods in my late twenties, a pack of friends visited. I’d let my hair grow, with a camo bandana, “You look like Jesus” one proclaimed! ..the others agreed.

Later years, I’d hear Dana Carvey a lot. Kinda had to agree 🙂

Varn Level 8 Aug 15, 2019

Would that be the American Jesus?

@AstralSmoke Yes, Aryan JC …with a dash of Choctaw 😉

FYI - Peter Frampton had a guitar shop on the edge of Birmingham (England) where I used to go to sip coffee and listen to some great music ...Peter now has a muscle wasting disease ...

The should have a happy/sad emoji.

Probably 25 years ago I was asked if I were Bob Seger, but we've both changed a lot. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:388989
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.