Agnostic.com

116 18

Do you talk to yourself?

And, does your self talk back? ; )

I talk to myself a lot. Even while I sleep. You?

silvereyes 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

116 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Rarely but do, however this is only for me to process past conversations in my mind or if I am multi-tasking complicated stuff.

Everyday and twice on Sundays. LOL

Seriously, since I was a kid I did my reasoning alone and aloud.

Always have, unabashedly, and I've never worried about it. Now, if I tell myself a joke I've never heard...

I talk to myself lots as well. I don't generally talk back, though. Ill answer my own questions sometimes, but thats when i like almost immediately realize, like "OH, thats why" or later sometimes i might say that same sort of thing. Generally always luke an oh or ah moment, not really in the form of formal question and answer lol.

Never in public. I'm hoping I don't talk to myself in my sleep. However I do talk to the elf and all his friends living in the basement. But I never talk to the troll living in the other room.

Yes, but sometimes I ignore myself and I don't answer myself. I really piss me off when I do that to myself.

I prefer speaking with myself. The person speaking does not worry about being misunderstood, never has to repeat himself. The listener never has to stop the speaker for clarification, nor ask the speaker to speak louder.

Yes because I like to be by myself. The only time I dislike doing so is when I get in a heated argument and even worse when I fail to get a satisfactory result. However most of the time it is great, I do math problems in my head,look at nature and comment on great things I see,sing very poorly, debate politics taking both sides to see which convinces me to take action. The republicans loose every time sucks. I think discussions with yourself are normal and the ones you need to worry about are those who do not have these discussions as they lack a conscience.

Yes, I like to tell myself jokes only I'd get.

Not out loud.

I talk to myself, but I don't listen.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 27, 2018

....only when I want to have an intelligent conversation....hahaha

I do, sometimes.

> No you don’t, not at all.

Of course I do, what do you know?

> > I know you’re making shit up.

Dude, you always do this. You always try to start a fight.

> You’re the one fighting here, I was just pointing out the obvious.

Alright, we’re done here.

LOL! - what's funny? - shut up! - no, i won't! - this is getting an embarassment. - so what!? my inner child. - whoah! pulling more imaginary selfs out now? - bwaaaaah! mama! she's mean to me....

LOL Wow... its one thing to talk to yourself... but arguing? I got nothin' to worry about. LOL!
You two are a riot... so are your inner selves. Hehehe

Yes. Sometimes I'll realize it and think I'm crazy lol

why shouldn't I be worth talking to?

I live with only my 8 year old friend-a little mixed breed mutt. I talk to myself often, but will pass it off like I am speaking to him!

Yes, yes, yes. So much so that often when I am trying to talk to my boyfriend, he does not respond because he assumed I was talking to myself; also I mumble, so that doesn't help me either.

To practice speech and obviously in my head but every concious person does that

Way too much...lol

Always,because I'm the only one that listens to me. 🙂

Constantly.... I told you not to tell anyone... Fuck not again? ?

All the time. She talks to me, tells me weird ideas, but never violent. She's like an inner monologue.

Glad I'm not the only one...

Regularly, and regularly. LOL!
I remember a line from a show years and years ago calling it interesting conversations with an interesting person. I guess it's a good thing to like myself enough to talk to me... I mean honestly, how would I manage if I didn't like myself? It isn't like I can avoid me.

AmyLF Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

All the time. And in several languages according to my mood. Even some I don't know.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.