Agnostic.com

116 18

Do you talk to yourself?

And, does your self talk back? ; )

I talk to myself a lot. Even while I sleep. You?

silvereyes 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

116 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ok, funny that you are asking this. I'm recently out of a live-in relationship and am alone in my house for the most part (my daugher is here sometimes), and yes, I sometimes have a running monologue. I'm weird. LOL!

Of course. There's no problem unless you start carrying on a conversation with yourself and maybe use other voices. I live alone and the way I talk to myself is similar to thinking out loud. Sometimes you see TV detectives do it.

Continuous running dialogue.

I talk to myself but I don't respond out loud to myself. Mostly just pep talks or self deprecation. They both keep me motivated.

I talk to myself when I'm driving. I've just rounded out a 15,000 km road trip over three months, mostly on my own. I had a lot of conversations with myself on the road. Very Zen, actually.

Quite a bit!

All the time.

Yes, I do.

No, I talk with Myself, not to, mainly as I am strategizing a plan when I am working. Occasionally I may say something in response to what I may be thinking at the moment, I don't obsess over it, given that I forget I do so lets Me know I'm normal enough.

kuali Level 4 Mar 26, 2018

I do and have for as long as I can remember. I call myself out when I do stupid things and I leave myself reminders on my voice mail and tell myself that I love me at the end.

Yes, I have times where my subconscience and conscience mind have debates.

I talk to myself. I have to have an intelligent conversation with someone. Lol

I prefer calling having a conversation with someone who knows me best.

Gozer Level 4 Mar 26, 2018

A friend of mine could talk to himself on paper, as though they were two different people.

Mentally or out loud. Mentally, way too much but I haven't developed just Tourette's yet

All the damned time!
Sometimes, I'm the only person around to have an intelligent (or otherwise) conversation with.

Yes. Mostly the tv and my computer. My daughter says I talk to inatimate objects.

I not only talk to myself, I talk for my animals and have conversations with them.

Pro tip: Use a Bluetooth headset everyone thinks your on the phone.

All the time. She talks to me, tells me weird ideas, but never violent. She's like an inner monologue.

Constantly.... I told you not to tell anyone... Fuck not again? ?

Always,because I'm the only one that listens to me. 🙂

Yes. Sometimes I'll realize it and think I'm crazy lol

Never in public. I'm hoping I don't talk to myself in my sleep. However I do talk to the elf and all his friends living in the basement. But I never talk to the troll living in the other room.

Yes. Even when I sleep. To much in fact. I can't shut myself up. If I was married, she'd leave me cause I talk to much to myself. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.