Agnostic.com

36 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A quick summary of why the 10 Commandments shouldn't be in courthouses or in any manner imposed: The 1st, 2nd & 4th Commandments violate the 1st Amendment of the Constitution which protect freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of expression in general. The penalty prescribed for breaking the 3rd Commandment is cruel and unusual - stoning. And the 10th Commandment makes thought a crime, and prohibits the ambition which fuels innovation and capitalism, while also discouraging any challenges to the hierarchical status quo which is the basis of upward mobility and betterment of one's overall status in life. GTFO!

Slowly, the states are getting as polarized as the citizens. Here some Washington State cities just removed religious exemptions for getting a vaccine. We also actively support and finance women's health programs including abortions. It seems, more and more the W. coast is making other places (especially the S) look they are in the middle ages.

Most parts of the South are in ghe middle ages

In the original Aramaic​?

Hahahaahahahahaah

I would like to know exactly which set of the ten they want to use. In one of the 3 different sets that are in the bible the tenth commandment is: . Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk. I would really like to see that one used.

When the whole US government administration are non believers, any organizated superstition is possible. Even a mother and child reunion , chicken and eggs or beef- stroke-it-off. the nonsense are neverending stories.

I can personally assure everyone that I have never boiled a kid in its mother's milk (KJV). For one thing, I think that would fall under the heading infanticide.

How idiotic can these bastards get?

Such B.S. there is already a shortage of good teachers. I won't return to the profession and this would get me in a world of shit.

Back around 07, Pennsylvania passed a law saying that the pledge of allegiance or singing the national anthem would be mandatory. It didnt pass the courts so I never faced the problem. I figured I would tell the kids to sing and step out.

For something like this, I might have made commentary, like adultery don't be like the President, etc.

Why do I feel like these Christians that want to do this are in competition with muslims and their sharia law?

Yeah, it often feels that way.

Which set of ten commandments? There are two sets of ten in the Babble along with about six-hundred other laws.

But, according to Christians, we are no longer under the law. We are supposedly saved by grace. So, why do they keep trying to force these OT commandments down our throats? They like to say "but that was the old testament" when it suits them, and then quote it when it fits their narrative/agenda.

I come from this tradition and most of my family members believe this drivel. Sometimes, I just feel like my head is going to explode.

I am sure glad I have this place to come to where I can vent openly!

They should be taxed as all religions and the funds used for Health Care and Education which in Mississippi it is lacking.

Yet another pathetic attempt to violate the Constitution.

Undoubtedly it would not stand up in court, if it even passed through committee. The First Amendment still being in the Constitution, and all...

The bill's sponsor being a Democrat just goes to show that moronic religiosity is not the sole province of one party.

Lol! "Do kindergartners really need to be told not to commit adultery?"

The ridiculous and the absurd never stop.

Moses Ten Commandments

That was one of the funnier bits form that movie. I thought the best parts were the previews for Part II, which was never made... and probably was never intended to be made.

The five missing commandments:

1. Thou shalt not wear socks with sandals.
  2. Thou shalt not extend thy middle finger, unless thou must reach that far up thy nose.
  3. Thou mayest pick thy friends, and thou mayest pick thy nose, but thou shalt not pick thy friend's nose.
  4. Thou shalt not leave thy child alone with a priest.
  5. Thou shalt not scratch thy balls in public.

How insecure are the believers in their gods that insist on the government validating those beliefs?

WTF?!?

I'd like to say the courts would put a stop to this law pronto, but with the recent additions to the Supreme Court, I'm not so certain.

Forcing religion on children actually has a name: Spiritual Child Abuse.

Spiritual is just the unknowns, call it Religious abuse. Bibliography are known fairytales trying to be proven by Science, that is torture on earth.

@Castlepaloma I have a very specific definition for "spiritual," which I've shared on this site several times. Living beings have an observable form of energy that can be called their "spirit," which is something that dead beings don't have. Experiencing one's own spiritual energy can be called spirituality. It doesn't have anything to do with religion and/or gods and/or belief systems.

This is pure fascist male dominated cult worship!!!

It is time to stop this degrading menace before we are completely enslaved!

The soul purpose of the obstructionist republicans is too enslave us any way possible!

These are evangelistic cults that are male dominated by sociopaths and psychopaths who use the name god to subdue and enslave those those too weak and capable of free thinking and free will!!!

First saw this and thought "Mississippi Bill" must be one mixed-up dude.

Why are all these southern states trying to pass laws that are unconstitutional?

I can’t believe these southern states, thought state and church were supposedly separate

general Sherman should have laid far more waste to the south than he did.

They should use Christopher Hitchen's 10 Commandments. This is pure BS, in my opinion.

It doesn't specify which ten commandments. Pretty sure there's a few different versions in the Bible alone but there are others:

Rule Nombre Uno: never let no one know
How much dough you hold cause you know
The cheddar breed jealousy 'specially
If that man fucked up, get yo' ass stuck up
Number 2: never let 'em know your next move
Don't you know Bad Boys move in silence and violence?
Take it from your highness
I done squeezed mad clips at these cats for they bricks and chips
Number 3: never trust nobody
Your moms'll set that ass up, properly gassed up
Hoodied and masked up, shit, for that fast buck
She be laying in the bushes to light that ass up
Number 4: I know you heard this before
"Never get high on your own supply"
Number 5: never sell no crack where you rest at
I don't care if they want a ounce, tell 'em "bounce!"
Number 6: that goddamn credit? forget it
You think a crackhead paying you back, shit forget it!
7: this rule is so underrated
Keep your family and business completely separated
Money and blood don't mix like two dicks and no bitch
Find yourself in serious shit
Number 8: never keep no weight on you!
Them cats that squeeze your guns can hold jums too
Number 9 shoulda been Number 1 to me:
If you ain't gettin' bagged stay the fuck from police
If niggas think you snitchin' they ain't tryna to listen
They be sittin' in your kitchen, waiting to start hittin'
Number 10: a strong word called "consignment"
Strictly for live men, not for freshmen
If you ain't got the clientele, say "hell no!"
Cause they gon' want they money rain sleet hail snow

[genius.com]

Totally unconstitutional!!

Who’s 10 Commandments? Satanic?

The most important commandment of the ten is there will be no other Gods before me. That most relates to Trump, as he quotes Republican are the dumbest voters in the Country. Sheep can only relate to sheep dogs and their fears.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:450566
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.