Agnostic.com

21 26

LINK Choir practice turns fatal. Coronavirus is to blame - Los Angeles Times

People just aren't taking this seriously. Don't take chances, you could spread the disease faster, or die, or both! Stay home, and in the case of the choir, for god's sake stay home!

HippieChick58 9 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lack of common sense, NOT the virus, is to blame !

I’m appalled at this stupidity. I am chairman of our choir, and our committee and musical director took the decision to stop all rehearsals on 13th March after listening carefully to our U.K. govt. advice. We have cancelled all forthcoming concerts. Choral singing requires a close proximity to others, and involves expulsion of breathe in that close proximity. Only those with less than half a brain would believe that it was a safe activity during this current pandemic.

@Leontion I actually replied to you in the wrong place...sorry. It’s above in a separate reply!

In fairness, back then even Dr. Fauci was saying that the virus wasn't airborne. I just hope that from now on we have our scientific and medical communities more on top of these diseases before they land on our shores. We really should have known what we know now months ago.

Let’s not forget this covid-19 was new...no info existed. It is being learned about as we go! Stay vigilant!

Thinning the herd, Christian style 😂😂😷

LOL an emoji with a mask!!! priceless

More evidence that religion has an adverse effect on people's common sense.

IF, I were to sing in a choir, that would be a disaster in itself..........

I could shrug this off as, "Oh this is just stupid religious people getting what they deserve." But before they find out they caught it, they give it to non-religious people too. We are all in this together.

They should have been Atheists ....it is a lot safer.

I don’t know...a lapse in judgement can happen to anyone! I had one when I went to pump gas! I completely forgot to Clorox wipe the numbers and the gas hose handle this last time, until I was home!

Yes it is easy to forget to take precautions when it is something we do by rote without thinking. @Freedompath

Now fox is worried about being sued because of their lax coverage. fox network is apparently STILL willing to make the president appear competent.

Let’s them stew! They deserve each other! Start with Murdock!

JFC..these people are fucking morons..

I hope they learned a lesson. Denial and stupidity.

I don't blame the virus. I blame the choir conductor for being a stupid piece of shit

It is called, ‘pushing your luck!’ People just are not comprehending how this Covid19 works!

and the idiots that went

Well, that's what they get for being so stupid.

It's not an issue for me since I have no interest in ever joining a choir again, unless it's one that only performs pop and rock music. And that's never going to happen here in Iowa, at least not while I'm alive.

The virus isn't to blame. They chose to take the risk and put themselves in harm's way. That's suicidal, not religious.

No..we didn’t have a practice that week because the committee met instead to make a decision on whether to carry on or not. It had been two weeks since we actually sang together due to our conductor having had a bereavement. His mother died. So in fact we hadn’t had a practice since the end of February. We didn’t get the advice to social distance in the U.K. until the 16th.of March, three days after we took our decision. This response for @Leontion.

Gross stupidity, fueled by defective, often biased, information.

Hmmm, it seems their Big Sky Daddy may not have been over-impressed with their singing and decided to give them the 'bird.'

So, if you are on hypertension drugs, you are over sixty five, you have heart failure, you have copd and you sing in a choir, you're dead? Hot damn, I'm safe. I don't sing.

No one has ever asked me to join the choir, any choir. My kids can sing, I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

I read that earlier today! This makes things with this virus even more scary!

Reverse Darwinism in action

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:478047
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.