Agnostic.com

26 44

[friendlyatheist.patheos.com]

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo: God did not stop the spread of the virus. We did! Who loves this????

sassygirl3869 9 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To be honest, it hasn't been stopped yet by anyone. When it is stopped, and it will be stopped, it will be by science and human effort.

How refreshingly honest, secular and science based. Then again, consider his electorate. There's a lot of states where a remark like this would get him unelected!

It takes everything I have to keep me from saying, ‘if you think God stopped the spread, can you ask him not to allow it to happen next time?’

Carey Level 5 Apr 15, 2020

Thats why Cuomo is so right.

Been impressed with Gov. Cuomo since this pandemic began. I wish I could say the about idiotic leader in the WH.

Here's a man who talks true sense. Why can America not elect people like him to the presidency.

He's getting there. 2024?

Because he would probably allow abortion, promote gun control and make the church pay taxes!

@IAJO163 Excellent targets.

In saying god did not stop the spread of the virus is like saying he believes in a god that chooses not to help people .It is a known fact that he attends Sunday mass and considers himself a Roman Catholic .This is what he said at Gods battalion of prayer church in Brooklyn.Good morning to all of you .God is good .So he believes in a good god that does nothing to help people .No sense no logic

still his right to believe. no gods for me. Leadership more importmant than judging him.

He might well be a dishonest nonbeliever who chooses to go to church etc because he knows darn well an atheist could not get elected to dog catcher

He is a practicing Catholic so I would Interpret this as meaning he believes in a useless god that did not stop the spread of the virus which is in fact MORE nonsensical than believing in a god that DID stop the spread of the virus .

Ha ,that’s correct.

I love this due to the fact that it reminds me of when ass hole Bill O Reilly said he was mad at god ! They both denounce a god that they believe in .Is this not hilarious? Two differences -I admire Cuomo and despise O Reilly,but their religiosity plays no part in my evaluation of their character.

I like this guy but really ,I see no common sense in giving him credit for believing in a useless god other than a god that helps people .Tell me what is the difference unless an individual also believes in a useless god . But I agree it is leadership that means more than religious ideology as long as it does not effect an elected officials constituents .

Its his leadership. I pay no attention to his religion-unless it affects me. It doesn't.

Not a fan of Cuomo for many reasons, but I concur here. Vishnu may as well be responsible as the monotheistic conception of a god.

Let's see how long the admiration for all the medical staff, grocery store staff and countless others who keep turning out for us, actually lasts.
I hope that people have gained an understanding as to who comprise the glue of society.
Either way it is a team effort and I expect to see some people claiming that UFO's also helped by doing something 🙂
Stay healthy all.

I would ask if (a ) god can stop the virus why the hell did he start it in the first place??? If someone says he didn't start it I would suggest that he is obviously not in control.

Good on you Andrew.

How can something that does not exist stop something from happening unless you believe in something that does not exist chose not to stop it from happening .

Actual Leadership! I am so glad I can still recognize it........

I’m not a fan of AC but he earned my respect in few situations!!

He's on the road to telling the truth.

It says something about how religious the USA is that he has to say something like this. I cannot imagine any govt. official in the UK saying anything like that

I wonder if the governor of Illinois is brave enough to say that.

People exist. People get sick and die of viruses. It's up to people to fix the problem. Not the god that (if he/she/it existed) caused the problem in the first place. I appreciate the Governor's statement. Hope there's more to come.

Perfect

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 16, 2020

Nice one there Cuomo, but try remember that it was supposed the Imaginary God that said to Noah after the Flood, " Here, see this bow of many colours I have placed in the sky, it is my promise to never again send such destruction and horrors to visit upon this world and my creations."
Somehow Xrstians seem to conveniently forget about the Flood Promise, don't they?

A candle in the darkness.

Yay science!

I like Andrew Cuomo. I liked his dad Mario Cuomo. Good people.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:485140
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.