Agnostic.com

17 14

LINK Without a single coronavirus death, Vietnam eases lockdown - Los Angeles Times

Fascinating. (And no, the numbers don't occur to be a hoax or propaganda according to global experts, including US based "experts".)

SeaGreenEyez 9 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

*reported death

The Vietnamese are a very resilient people.

I wonder who actually won the war then?

@Geoffrey51

They won. Is that even something that is in question?

@RoboGraham oh sorry, I thought it was a draw! Must brush up my C20th history

@Geoffrey51

I'm sure many Americans like to think of it as a draw but, they fully kicked us out of their country, they toppled the South Vietnamese government that we were propping up, reunited their country and are communist to this day.

Total victory for them. Completely stupid waste and loss for us.

It really incredible actually, what they were able to accomplish in the face of the American military machine.

And the USA is closing in on 1 million infected. Making America great again alright!

My ex (and still business partner) lives in Vietnam. They started requiring masks and social distancing early on. In the building where he lives, his temperature is taken upon leaving the building. And, the last I heard from him, there were still about 40,000 people in quarantine--this isn't just shelter in place...it is a facility where they are taken and kept separate from everyone.

I wonder if there is some factor unique to Viet Nam that protects against the virus. When I was in Viet Nam the older people ....especially the women....chewed betel nut. It stained their teeth a dark blood red. Wouldn't it be "funny" if betel nut protected against the coronavirus?

[drugs.com]

Please be advised that I absolutely am NOT recommending anyone chew Betal Nut. I am not a doctor or a Medical Professional.

@nicknotes off the topic and about betel nut - the old Indian women in Durban, South Africa, suburbs such as Chatsworth and Phoenix and plenty other Indian suburbs in Durban, they chew on betel nut and the leaf. ...just that you mentioned this 😊

Yes ...thanks for the comment...@TimeOutForMe

When I first got to Viet Nam we went into a village to search and I first saw a Vietnamese woman up close. She was attractive and I smiled. She smiled back revealing a mouth of blood red teeth. It was like looking at a Vampire. @TimeOutForMe

@nicknotes I haven't seen those old ladies from Durban with red teeth colouring yet though.
... and I've seen a few here in Johannesburg when they visit their grown children and grandchildren.

There are counties in Illinois without a single case of Covid-19, and they will be on lockdown from mid-March until the end of May.

BD66 Level 8 Apr 24, 2020

We have a few counties in Texas without any reported cases, but they are mostly in the far west and sparsely populated. I expect the number to go up in the rest of the state since the governor started easing restrictions this week.

Cannot read this article without a subscription.

@ToolGuy

Apparently I gave up too soon.

As usual, time will tell on this.

I’m actually inclined to believe that they have had zero deaths from COVID 19.

@SeaGreenEyez Yes. Everything has pros and cons even totalitarian governments.

Maybe they're saying that to promote tourism after lockdown @indirect76

@TimeOutForMe Maybe cucumbers taste better pickled.

I really doubt it.

@SeaGreenEyez No, because in Vietnam, several generations live together. Health care is not really something that is affordable, the infrastructure is not the best, water is not that clean and there is a lot of pollution. Also I know from experience that they do not like to "loose" face.

Whenever I hear reports from a totalitarian communist regime, I take it with a grain of salt. I am very skeptical. and there is no way for global experts to get full access to truly verify what that government is telling them. Example "China " the global experts believed them and had no way to verify.

They should wait longer...

My ex’s sister lives over there. They are very struck on the isolation and face mask rules. Her and her husband were having cabin fever and decided to go for a walk. They were very quickly approached by the police and told to go the hell home!

@SeaGreenEyez they were saying that a week ago. My ex talks to her sister a couple of times a week. They are Slovak and their country has had no reported deaths either.

@Barnie2years I was in Bali, Indonesia not long ago and the occupants said that there was no virus there because their government said so. Well we had heard differently from sources outside Bali.

interesting

After visiting there for a month a couple of years ago I find that really hard to believe.

Wait and see they don't allow reporting against the government

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 23, 2020

My opinion, from what I read, checking science articles and such, we are looking more-and-more like the graph of the Spanish flu, which had a "big" spike, lock down and social distancing in effect, then drops off, things end, like the war, and a little bit later, a "BIG" spike. I have a bad inkling about this. We are not living in an Avengers movie.

This a part of the problem, media has conditioned people to expect Deus ex machina, or at least a neat resolution to a story arc, before moving on to something new or a return to the status quo, when this does not happen in real life it leaves them confused, confounded and dissatisfied and demanding a quick expected resolution, or some one to blame for their disappointment.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:488186
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.