Agnostic.com

98 15

What's the best bit of advice you've ever been given?

For me: "Never forget that 50% of people are of less-than-average intelligence."

Jnei 8 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

98 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do chemo or you'll be dead in 3 weeks. My 1st time being told I had leukemia.

Never pick your nose while driving..best advice I've gotten...

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

@TerriCity but Not while driving!!!!!

As a child, I was taught to ALWAYS save 10% of any money coming to you. And use it only for real emergencies. Because of this habit, I've been able to travel to over 40 countries, see things/meet people I'd never have been able to encounter if I hadn't had a ''travel'' savings account.

Great idea!

An amateur will practice until they get it right the first time. A professional will practice until they can never get it wrong...

Don't take everything so seriously. It's not worth your time and energy.

50% of something is worth more than 100% of nothing. Best advice I ever received and I get reminded every single month.

“Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.”

@Akfishlady Inconceivable!

"Don't get married and have kids. It's a trap." - Mom

That's the advice I gave MY kids. Also, ALWAYS use protection..don't trust anyone's claims of infertility.

Please, everything I say is gold that should be taught in school alongside the masters. Just kidding.

don't re-invent the wheel

people have gotten wealthy beyond all mankind doing so however! 😀

Trust no one. Did I trust that advice? No...

Don't be shy, speak your mind and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

There came a point in life when I had to realize how many years were lost to dismorphia(sp) . I see it in so many beautiful women it makes me sad... thus "Your shit is somebody else's cake". (within reason of course)
... me.

"There will always be someone that is smarter than you or better than you at something. So what?"

Currently, the one I'm using more now, is to not take things personally. It has helped a lot. I was told that a month ago. So anything rude said to me at work, I ignore the rudeness and just answer back nicely, or I ignore any comment like that and walk off. I know that I'm not a rude person to others by nature. Some people just are assholes in general. That is their issue. At least I'm not the asshole sucking up to the bosses and asking them to go get drinks. I know my boundaries. I don't go anywhere with any co-workers. Those are my rules, as well as for ever dating a co-worker also. I won't ever do that. Or put them on Facebook.

Be yourself.

This ↑

@MollyBell +1.

If you want your children to come to you, don't freak out when they do.

My children came to me with a pregnancy scare and questions about drugs or other mischief because I never assumed a question about something meant they were doing it.

"You make your own Heaven or He'll right here on Earth", meaning not that things won't happen, but your reactions to things determine your life. Thanks, Mom!

Don't Panic

And always carry a towel

@carcmcgarc So long, and thanks for all the fish!

And always have a towel....

Trust your instincts, they are rarely wrong.

This is a simple one, if you have your health and have independence to move around and drive a car,etc and do what you want to do ,you have just about everything. ,don't take your health for granted

What are you waiting for? You are going to die some day.

MrHIT Level 5 Apr 2, 2018

Sit down! Prior to being told it was twins.

It's better to have too much than too littie.

Along a similar vein - Try everything twice... just incase you don't do it right the first time! 😀

Never be where you're expected to be, never go where you're expected to go, never go the same way twice and never tell the truth when a lie will do.

LJ49 Level 4 Apr 2, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48926
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.