Agnostic.com

74 5

What would you have done differently had you been god?

Does anyone have ideas about how you would have created the World and everything in it and perhaps even the Universe itself? Or would you have bothered creating anything after already having lived FOREVER, would you have suddenly gotten lonely? 🙂 Larry in western Kentucky

Justme43 7 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

74 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, I'd have actually proved I'm there for a start.

Stopped with the animals.

I second that emotion.

During my education I learned that the scientific classification says that homo sapiens are animals 🙂

@gsiamne The other animals are much better than homo sapiens and you know exactly what the fuck I mean. 🙂

I definitely would not have created ticks,fleas and mosquitoes.

I would have to add red wasp and chiggers to that list.

@hankster - I can think of a lot more insects I would have left off the list - killer hornets, killer bees, certain spiders, etc.

My first thought would be that I've always wanted to be a cat.

(I assume that god is a cat as they both move in mysterious ways.)

You gave ne a great laugh!

I would probably reveal myself, I mean if I wanted people to believe in me I certainly wouldn’t remain hidden right?

good one

Dammit, I'm god, leave me the fuck alone!

good one... ya.. leave me alone lol

I would have probably given people an innate desire to be good to each other, themselves and the planet.

Everything on earth evolved by means of natural selection so if it did not exist as it does it would not exist at all . No need for a god .But actually if I was god I would determine where I came from and when even I could not answer this question I would realize there is no god and that I am a figment of ones imagination .

I asked the question as if it was asked to xians and how they would perhaps have answered it. I was not trying to incenuate that there was any kind of god. 🙂 It was kinda just a joke, which I guess some people didn't get the jest of. Sorry

I would have made all pancakes free forever.

@Omnedon and the milk.

I'd give hard evidence that I exist for a starter. I'd make a better job of humans. I've only got to look in the mirror at my naked body to realise that if I'm made in his image, then he must a bit fat and unfit. Nice hair though.
Frankly, if he did do it all, maybe it was a 6 day job and god just thought, 'bugger, that'll do, I'm knackered, I'll leave the rest up evolution and geology, physics and wot-not'.

Well, for one thing, I'd have made damned sure Fred T was firing blanks.

in addition to making pancakes free I'd make it impossible to rub/pet our furry friends the wrong way.... especially cats. 360 degree petting rule.

Seeing what I'm seeing now........I would have created all humans a lovely shade of tan. No black...no white...no oriental distinctions. Perhaps that would have mitigated some (most?) of the hatred towards people who look different from us before it could ever get started. And I definitely would have nixed the greed gene...... 😉

So then people would fight over who is tallest? Prejudge over age? Folks will still find was to be bigots.

@indirect76 - I'm reminded of Dr. Seuss's Sneeches.

If I was also so vain and narcissistic to have created human beings to worship me I would make them as aware of me, my intention and desires as they are of the need to breath. It would not be in a book left for translation.

@MissKathleen Men might write a book, but it won't be about a god because everyone would be aware of who god is and what god wants. There would be no need of a book to explain it to anyone, thus no one would be able to gain power or create religious organizations by professing to know my will any better than another person.

I find it inconceivable that the cosmos was put together in a deliberate fashion by a being with a mind that works anything like mine does. If it really was something I could do I probably wouldn’t. But one thing that could use improving would be not letting the human animal forget how to live harmoniously with the rest of the biome like every other creature and as we did for millions of years until agriculture led to our attempting to exterminate every creature not of use to ourselves. If I were God I’d never let man leave the ‘garden’ and if he were multiplying out of control into the billions I’d smite him mightily.

Castration would probably slowed down the population growth. 🙂

@Allamanda Okay, no smiting for you .. just in case I get a promotion. 😉

Why mess with perfection?

skado Level 9 May 12, 2020

Hi Larry.

If I were a god, I don't see why I would be lonely but if so, why create such lowly and primitive creatures such as worms, snakes and humans? I would create equals to myself. Why create a universe at all? There seems to be no intrinsic point. But if so, why create humans who offend my sensitivities and a world full of suffering and pain? If I wanted to create a world, it would be a lot like Heaven and not at all so Hellish.

#1, no humans. The earth was pretty much perfect before our idiot species started littering the place up.

TWDay Level 4 May 13, 2020

I think I;'d have at least been a lot more consistent and woudl make my existence readily obvious.

Nobody would ever have to take a shit. We'd just eat what we'd need to and that would be it. So no more diarrhea. No more constipation.

I've always considered it to be a major design flaw.

There is so much that an intelligent god could have done better, that it is best to put it like Woody Allen did: “If it turns out that there is a God...the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever.“

I would wonder who created me. And apparently worship him/her/it.

ok..... let's not puddy foot around... on your knees and bow....

I'd leave mental illness off the list, as well as a number of other debilitating and painful degenerative diseases. That's where I would start.

Agreed.

everything in this universe is the result of billions of years of progressive evolution. it has all weathered, endured, and moved past things my mind can barely imagine. so to think I could improve upon it would be rather foolish on my part.

Personally... I'm just looking for the "Smite Button!" 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:495249
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.