Agnostic.com

44 24

LINK Catholic Bishop Will Spray Holy Water from Helicopter Over City to Defeat Devil | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

A Catholic bishop, full of ideas, will borrow a helicopter and spray his city with holy water on July 14 in order to cleanse it from all the demons.

This is nto a new idea. This kind of thing has been done before.

snytiger6 9 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wouldnt it be easier to bless the water source where the city gets its water? Take a shower in holy water, now your protected. Sprinkle you lawn. Spray the walls.

What's with the dumb and dangerous helicoptering. Guess its the visual rather than the actual benefit.

I am afraid at soem poitn they may decide to bottle and sell holy water.

The drinking water is too subtle. It's much more dramatic from a noisy beast in the sky. It's in their dna to have it come down from the heavens.

@snytiger6 Aren't they doing that already? Read it somewhere.

@snytiger6 too late

@LenHazell53 ha that's hilarious! Salvation for less than a $100? Sold!

@snytiger6 I was at a plant that bottled water on contract. A sample would be sent to a lab, and the lab would say if it could be bottled and assigned the proper method of cleaning the system after. While my skids were being processed, the other system was being cleaned a hole day after bottling water for places without priests. They did an approximately 5000 gallon load which is like a gas semi load.

That doesn’t seem very godly. Shouldn’t an angel be wafting it up above the city?

@Dyl1983 👅

Think of the cost for the fuel used in that helicopter, and the salary paid to the pilot, and how that money could have been used to feed a hungry child or family. Instead it is wasted on a futile gesture that has no value and does nothing.

@creative51 You are right. What was I thinking? 🤔 😅

And when the pandemic and crime continues?

When acts as this fail, it is because those who had the most to benefit were either not strong enough, were just enough, but dog is giving them more time to make a better effort, or the evil of the area is too strong, too many gays, too much, abortion, or prayer is not allowed in schools.

@dalefvictor in other words, more bullshit.

You've got to kidding, Spraying a WHOLE city with 'Priest Piss,' aka Holy Water, like that's going to do any good except to give the pigeons a quick shower.

Correction more likely diluted priest semen.

@Fartwink More likely aan even mix of both?

Definitely not a new idea, Sny, the article is from 2019.

Oops. I think when I checked the date, I only got as far as the month and say.

@snytiger6 Happens to everyone.

"Has your demon been exorcised without your consent? A beloved vampire injured by holy water? Then you might have a claim against the Catholic church? Call 5557843 devil's advocate no win no fee NOW!"

LMAO...

Dude, I've got MAJOR burns all over my skull, shoulders and back 'cause some jackass thought it would be cool to sprinkle pixie dust, er Holy Water, from a helicopter like he was crop dusting his corn fields.

What's that number again?!

Guess he didn't think about the demons hiding indoors when he sprays?

I would settle for your first four words.

What's he waiting for??

He has to make sure enough people have time to raise money to support him. It would be totally stupid to just do it and then tell people what you did and that it did not work.

Any chance he might fall out of the helicopter?

We can only but HOPE, can't we?

Quite right. Every little helps!

Yep, and that's what the little old Lady said when she peed in the sea.

Delusional

bobwjr Level 10 June 29, 2020

"Delusional, " I'd say 110% certifiable at the very least.

The copter will now become a "Halo-copter".

D'oh

It's a great business idea. I'm going to buy a helicopter and pay people to provide the urine.

You only need spray over churches.

Will those idiotic acts ever stop?

I doubt it, not while there are dollars to be made ( sorry, collected ) from the willing Dupes that follow their preachings it won't.

Hmmmmm, a Catholic Bishop flying over a city in a helicopter? Sounds like defeating evil would be better accomplished with a Stinger missile rather than with Holy Water.

Maybe the evil drug dealers will shoot back. They may even have a spare missile or two lying about.

I think he should bless the water in a fire hose and spray em down. That would be more fun

Maybe he should put the seat down and sit. He wouldn't spray so much then.

redhog Level 7 June 29, 2020

I was raised r.c. and spent many years as one. I never understood the holy water thing or worship of the virgin Mary or many other odd r.c. practices. But still I was very attached to my catholicism. Later I tried nearly all the other denominations. Eventually I gave up and became an atheist because I decided I didn't want to go to heaven because there I wouldn't be able to be myself, it would be hell for me.

Almost makes you want to go to the city and start reprising the role of the Wicked Witch of the West. Bonus points if you make some fog to go with it. Really freak out the believers hahahaha.

Say it. Don’t spray it.

Mvtt Level 7 June 29, 2020

I don't think it will work. Holy water in bowls inside churches hasn't wiped out demons of lust.

frvl Level 4 June 29, 2020

Well good luck to that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.