Agnostic.com

20 12

Was finding this educational and wanted to share it as I recently decided to go pescatarian because I noticed that I feel better on that type of diet & then I get to the end and it starts spewing this “god” propaganda. I’m so sick of God being brought into every topic.

[facebook.com]

1EarthLovingGal 7 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do you not think that the article is a little short on references?

Somehow people always have to bring god into food. As a vegan, I get people saying god wants us to eat animals blah blah blah. Some even say the animals want us to kill them and eat them. Huh? Even some vegans justify what they eat based on bibble verses (god only wants us to eat fruits and veggies). For all I care, they can all just go away. I don't want god in my food as much as I don't want cholesterol in my food.

@1EarthLovingGal I just want to eat in peace. Any reference to God is annoying.

Yes! If god(s) were so Omniscient we would never have to worry about all this shitty fucked up earthly garbage we are feed on a daily basis!!!

Me, bad!!!

LMAO!!!

Who cares!!!

Generally speaking, as an agnostic, I don't object to others believing in God. I believe in the sacredness of all life and my own internal, intrinsic type of divinity - so each to their own, ya' know?
But there is this one dude who is very big on YouTube in the no till gardening movement. He does classes and stuff and talks about his coversations with God constantly. Normally I have a "take what you like and leave the rest" philosophy...but he gags me...

Yes, peoples' assumptions that their God talk is always welcome...beyond annoying!

Very unique article, I find it funny, that despite the overert religious rantings of the author, decrying pigs, and their use as a foodgroup, at least we can prove PIGS, are real! Lol

I agree with the pescatarianism...but Yikes!...that article's arguments rubbed me wrong way. It's making a case against pork by...villifying pigs and pork meat!? wTF!? That shouldnt be the reason to not eat pigs, lol! The correct reason is to not promote factory farming which creates a horrible quality of life for the pigs, not to mention damage the environment. However it should be okay to eat a pig that is allowed to lead a good and healthy life, and slaughtered without suffering or fear.

That said I do like my fish more than pork. I come from a small coastal in India, and we get fresh fish everyday and it is simply the best. 🙂

@1EarthLovingGal I was lucky, lol. My folks are enjoying life there now; I, however, am in landlocked north Texas, so I go to Walmart too and get the smoked salmon. Not sure about the tilapia and catfish. It's not the same. I'm strongly considering going on a fishing trip! 😆

I don't know when pig meat became taboo meat for Jews but I find the story from the new testament a bit puzzling. Jesus transferred the demons from a man in to a herd of pigs who ran into the sea and drowned themselves. The owner of the pigs must have been a bit annoyed and what was he keeping them for anyway. As pets ?

Crazy stuff. As I understabnd it certain animals developed a reputation or image of being unclean because they will knowingly, without qualm, eat the flesh of their own kind.
Eating the flesh of your own kind is highly correlated to disease...That is what my studies suggest was behind the Jewish prohibition of eating pork...

@Alchemy That makes sense. Cannibals could catch Creutzfeldt - Jacob disease from eating human brains and of course there was the short lived mad cow disease

@Moravian ummm, Mad Cow wasn't short lived. A college friend of mine died of Mad Cow around 15 years ago. She was born and raised in the USA. She also raised 5 wonderful children. Because she had traveled outside the United States, they claimed she had gotten from travel...yeah, sure, ya betcha...while the USA is one of the few countries that still allows the practice of feeding cows the ground up bits of other cow...cuz the practice spreads Mad Cow....

@Alchemy Sorry to hear that. I am surprised that animal protein is still fed to cows over there. The practice was stopped here and only cows up to a certain age can be sold for human consumption'
There were a handful of deaths attributed to Mad cow disease at the time and lots of doom laden forecasts but nothing since as far as I am aware.

@Moravian its disgusting but true... the powers that be here in the USA know that this vile practice is the primary vector for the spread of mad cow not to mention a plethora of other serious disease and on it goes with no regard for consumers. Its practices like this that are causing US food products to be band from import through most of the EU, Britain, and shockingly even China.
As I understand it, China is now one of the biggest suppliers of "organically grown" produce world wide... lol, while in the US we still rely so heavily on poisons that even foods labeled "Organically Grown" tests out as containing toxic levels of Monsanto's glyphosate. Amazing as Round Up is a defoliating agent and should kill plants. Hmmm... 1+1 does not equal 2...
🤔🙄😑

The guy must be kosher nut or a messiahanic jew but he exaggerates pork and pretends beef is safe when all animal products are unethical industries damaging both environments and employees REGARDLESS how long carnivores cook raw or frozen sliced animal cadavers

Nothing wrong with a diet that helps you feel better. I’ve been a vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, tried the Mediterranean diet, and (for many years) fasted for several days quarterly for cleansing purposes. Now I’m an omnivore and eat what I want, when I want (including vegan, Mediterranean). I learned a lot on the various diets, and enjoyed each experience. My change back to omnivore wasn’t due to lack of discipline or will power, it was also because I wanted to feel better (on my terms).

I think its fab that you decided to do what feels good to you rather than follow the hype. Bravo.

I tried being vegan and pescatarian. I don't have the will power to do either. Good luck. As for the religious crap, it is very hard not to have almost everything associated with that imaginary guy that lives in the sky.

You need will and not willpower. Also, what does being a Presbyterian have to do with it? 🙂

@DenoPenno Pescatarian not Presbyterian. I like meat and I am a good cook.

@1EarthLovingGal congrats on the diet change and having the available funds to pull it off.

Expense is one of the primary reasons I prefer to grow my own... everything. I use a gardening method called aquaponics supposedly created and used extensively by the Aztec. You farm fish and use plants to clean the water of nitrogen build up inherent to keeping fish...Nitrogen is an essential nutrient for plant growth...This system can be as beautiful as it is brilliant making it as easy to keep yourself in salad greens and fish as running the common home aquarium.
Obviously, its a technique I love promoting... lol

Every theist I have ask for objective evidence that any god exist, has fail to do so. All they have is subjective evidence from their mind. So ask them for testable evidence outside of their mind.

See Facebook is an unhealthy mind control trap.
I'll never go there again.

Depends on your association with groups and people.
I enjoy social media- I skip the things and people I don’t agree with.

Damn he sounds like an idiot... The real problem with pork is it is so close to human flesh they contract and carry many of the same diseases humans do so if you undercook it you can get very ill on pork.

Yes, me too.

Many scientists as well as the nut jobs agree that pescatarian eating is healthy. Congratulations on your efforts to be healthy.

@1EarthLovingGal Well that feeling could come from having too large of portions. A 4 oz serving of pork actually provides more nutrition than an 8 oz serving of beef. Any food you overindulge in will give you that feeling.

@1EarthLovingGal You might want to get checked it could be a food allergy.

God is where the money is.

Fuck that shit, I'm an omnivore and proud of it. I eat what I want, always with moderation, and love all food. Love all meats, fish, shellfish, veggies, it's all good. I'm 67 and plan to be around enjoying life to the fullest for a long time. But if for some reason I'm gone before my time, I'll be gone happy for having enjoyed my existence really well.

Couldn't have said it better. 🙂

Look into being a flexitarian...

Or a Mediterranean diet...

How did you manage to read all the way through? This fool's spouting more ''waste'' than he what he accuses pigs of doing!

Much of today's nutritional, anti-meat dogma flows from Seventh Day Adventist ideology. It came in a "vision."

I am not making it up, or overstating it. Their influence is powerful, and unhealthfully dangerous. If it was up to them we'd all be a bunch of soy boy's and girls.

7th day Adventist do seem to live longer but they are also extremely judgmental and irritating to be around.

@Lorajay indeed...!Who The Hell wants them around longer......

Field research has been done into the diets of chimpanzees and bonobos (our nearest relatives. Your body would accept a blood donation from them...keep that in mind.) They RARELY eat meat...every now & then someone will kill a monkey and use it to ''share''...temporarily increasing his power in the group. But they do NOT eat meat anywhere near as routinely as we do. This accounts for health problems in humans.

As repellent as their religion might be---I'll give the Adventists credit for recognizing long ago that too much meat is bad for our health.

@LucyLoohoo Meat is not the cause of our health problems. Most of the nutrition headlines and advice you see are based on observational epidemiology, which is at best weak. Interventional studies do not support the meat-is-bad hypothesis.

As to the monkeys, and I say this respectfully, they are still monkeys. We are not. Why? The best available evidence is because we ate a lot of fat and protein, ie meat and fatty fish, to fuel our metabolically expensive brains.

@Mitch07102 In the first place....chimpanzees/bonobos are NOT ''monkeys." Like us...they are apes, and we share over 98% of the same DNA. That's why our bodies would accept blood from one...we're essentially the same animal. And observing the dietary habits of our cousins tells us a lot about human nutritional requirements.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521888
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.