Agnostic.com

14 8

LINK Vatican In Shock As 1,500-Year-Old Bible Claims Jesus Wasn’t Crucified

Originally there were over 60 "gospels", telling different stories that contradicted each other. The early Christian church decreed that the gospels that disagreed with them had to be destroyed. Evidently, an earlier version of the bible was made before the church decided what was what has surfaced, having escaped the early Christian book burnings.

snytiger6 9 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Personally, I believe the Vatican already has the evidence that Christianity is fake hidden in its archives and this won’t change their mind one bit

The evidence against it seems to be readily available. The evidence for it, seems to be what is hidden

It may be an Islamic forgery -- "Turkish culture and tourism minister Ertugrul Gunay said the book could be an authentic version of the Gospel, which was suppressed by the Christian Church for its strong parallels with the Islamic view of Jesus. ... In line with Islamic belief, the Gospel treats Jesus as a human being and not a God.It rejects the ideas of the Holy Trinity and the Crucifixion and reveals that Jesus predicted the coming of the Prophet Muhammad." [1] But it would be good to have it published so that historians can weigh in on it in a more informed way.

[1] [dailymail.co.uk]

Mind Builders Fellowship? This source appears dubious.

'Jesus' never existed.

I suspect a man named Jesus did exist, but he was one of many who claimed to be the messiah, and he did absolutely nothing that was supernatural or miraculous. The supernatural aspects were "borrowed from other stories which were known to be popular at the time. He was just a man who deeds were greatly exaggerated.

@snytiger6 Nope. Sorry. Even minor rebels were recorded by the 'reporters,' scribes, and historians of the day; you couldn't walk five feet without running into one. The Romans and Jews were famous for their thoroughness, and I don't care how obscure our candidate might have been, any following AT ALL and he would have merited mention.
Instead, we have NOTHING. Zero. Nada.

A non-existent crucifixion of a non-existent person.

Except that, if Jesus wasn't crucified, there is no human sacrifice and atonement for Adam's Original Sin. That's going to leave a mark...

1,500 years ago puts it as being possibly written not so long after the Second or Third Council of Nicaea when they were still arguing and debating as to what EXACTLY MUST constitute the 'Holy Scripts' of the New Christian Movement as it arose from the Messianic Movement.
At the best I'd say that the script ( writing) used it looks like a mix of Aramaic and Ancient Greek which both were in use at those times.
Aramaic became the root, so to speak, of both Hebrew and Arabic circa the late 5th and early 6th Centuries B.C.E.
The usage of Latin was discouraged at first until the Holy Roman Catholic Empire, aka the Catholic Church, became established hence copies of the NEW gospels were always written in a mix of Aramaic and Ancient Greek until then.

It is "at least" 1500 years old. they say it may be almost 2000 years old.

@snytiger6 Well since NONE of the so-called 'Gospels' were actually enscribed (written) at the assumed time of Jesus' mission or death BUT were actually enscribed some 300-400 years posst-event and were actually written by some 40+ Scribes in 4 separate known countries/continents under the direct Orders of the Councils of Nicaea then chances are that the oldest it could possibly and scientifically proven to be would be ranging between the 1,500- 1,600 years ago.

We had Gnostic Gospels that said that since 1945 with the discovery of the Nag Hammadi Library.
Christianity has mutated in every direction during it's evolution.

Evolution and Christianity are 2 words that belong together

Sure, the "christians" are going to accept this and everythings going to be ok,,,,,,,,,,,,uh,,,,no.

I reckon they be squealing like stuck pigs, nothing out of the ordinary for them imo.

So many evangelical twits argue the infallibility of the bibly, and when confronted with facts that the Catholics got together, organized the books they wanted and voted on that, the evans simply say, "that's not true."
Even current Christian sects have differing biblys. The Ethiopian bibly includes the book of Enoch (who one would think pretty important since he was supposed to have been taken straight to heaven, skipping the whole death part.

WAIT! A book as important as this allegedly is.....and they're holding it open with A PAPER CLIP? HUH? I'm loving the possibility this book represents...and want it protected! Otherwise, the Vatican gets their hands on it and..."ooops! Father Flatulence lost it."

All religion is based on delusion. I doubt if this affects the vatican at all but would be pleased if it was it's undoing. Was aramaic (sp?) still around in 500 ce?

Like Trump the idiots will say "fake news."

I am sure they will find a way to put this to rest.

I can see this entirely. It is just as unlikely that Jesus had an audience with Pilot, or that the two even spoke the same language. Search further and it gets downright stupid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522738
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.