Agnostic.com

7 5

I went to catholic schools for 12 years even though my mother never took me to service. My father was Jewish and he did practice it a little. I guess I am wondering if anyone was a product of an intermarriage while their parents were married. Mine divorced when I was 12. I wasn’t raised anything but I tried different religions till I realized I always was a nonbeliever.

Hermbro 4 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My parents never went to church, although both learned xtion. I went to a Methodist church as a kid with my two sisters for a social thing. I was always asking the "wrong" questions, so, I think they were just as happy I left in 8th grade. I studied religions on my own.
As an adult, I once asked my Mom why, since she was brought up Southern Baptist, she didn't have us do that. My Mom said, I quote, "I didn't want to inflict that upon you."

My mother ran away from the JW's to become a rouge Pentecostal. My stepfather was once a Free Will Baptist. Mix that all up and you have the confusion I came out of.

My dad's family had been Morons (oops, Mormons) for generations. My mom was Methodist. When they married, my mom converted to Moronism. So, I was brainwashed to be a Moron. I'm glad I outgrew it, and am now free from religion. Hooray! 😀

My father didn't do religion but my mother was Mormon. They separated when I was in the 4th grade. All of us kids had to go to church... for the most part.

It seems there are few fundamentalist Christians in Germany, but somehow my Dad managed to find possibly the only one there marry her and bring her to Alabama.
There wasn't a lot of religious tolerance in that house.

The fact that neither of your parents was a "true believer" and also did not try to make you a true believer in either religion gave you a lot of room and time to make your own choices. You did not have an indoctrination in a religious total system ideology to overcome.

My mother was a Jehovah's Witness and my Dad was I believe a nonbeliever although he never discussed what he believed. I made the sad mistake of getting involved in my mother's religion for way too many years. I finally left when I was nearly 40 and it took years more to admit that I was an atheist. Things worked out in the end but I lost a lot because of belief. I wish my Dad would have been more open about his beliefs.

gearl Level 8 Aug 12, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.