Agnostic.com

11 4

Another bot...

For once, I actually matched with someone on Tinder. We texted for a while and after a while I trusted her enough to exchange numbers and then chatted on WhatsApp for a while.
Couple of days later, everything seems to be going well (longest I've ever kept correspondence with someone via a dating site). She ...seems..to like me regardless of what I say (which is flag 1).
Today she says she can only have bread for dinner because she doesn't have much money. I say I feel bad for her situation--after which she says 'she has cashapp if I want to help out'...FLAG. I've blocked her number, I've unmatched her on Tinder.
I feel a bit broken-hearted--and I shouldn't..it was only a chat via Tinder--never got far. Tell me I was correct in blocking her after she kind of asks for money.

Xenokat 4 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Definitely seems like a scam. Also, you don't have to mention you have CashApp. Everyone has CashApp or something like it.

Don't feel bad. Picture this: Hairy legs. Beard. Dick............. And he doesn't love you.

twill Level 7 Aug 15, 2020

Read what's at this site: bbb.org (only accessible in US or with vpn to US) and learn how to use tineye.com. That will help you pick most of them.

I Block at the mere MENTION of money, never mind someone actually asking for it!
Think, even with life-long friends, how often do you exchange money?!!
Guarantee this "person" was actually a sweaty scammer, probably not even the gender they claimed!

Dodged a scammer.

You were right to be suspicious when she liked everything you said. You were right to dump her as soon as she said she could only afford bread for dinner.

Absolutely. Scammers are alive and well, and exist on all sorts of sites - not just dating ones.

ANYone asking for money for ANY reason is good cause for losing them - quickly !

You were absolutely right! ANY TIME someone asks for money is a massive red flag. You haven’t even met them and they’re asking for money? Scammer!

I’ve chatted with a man or two who’s turned out to be a scammer. I’ve gotten ridiculously good at picking up on the clues much faster now. Usually I just respond with the icons 🐱 🐠 , and they block me.

You were correct in blocking her. I do find it interesting, women seem to start out asking for small sums. Men ask for the big guns right out of the gate. One guy wanted an Mac Pro and smart watch. Like I'm going to buy one and send it to anyone sight unseen. I usually would play along til they dropped the hook, then I reported and blocked. Now I don't even play anymore.

might be different if you'd been chatting for 6 months and it was only a hundred bucks. sucks but you got to do what you got to do on that one.

Of course you were. If possible it would be good of you to turn her in to the dating app as well. You might save some other guy who's not as smart as you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524332
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.