Agnostic.com

55 15

The choices this time are so depressing, I might just sit this one out. 🙄🍷

bigpawbullets 9 Aug 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (51 - 55)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cooperation. The House has passed hundreds of bills that Senate Majority Leader will not permit them to come to the floor. It was the cabal of Mitch, Ryan, & other tea Party stonewallers who conspired to foil Obama at every juncture. Biden is a conservative democrat in the vein of Senator Dick Durbin. Where are my liberal Republicans I used to enjoy? Gone to The Lincoln Project. www.thelincolnproject.com

#WriteInBernie

If there was any way under the sun he could win I would do that - but there's not. Even Bernie is telling you, "Please vote for Biden!" Our democracy is at stake. People act like politics does not take place in the real world. The rise of authoritarian rule happens very quickly & Bernie Sanders is shouting this to people - I would highly suggest you follow his social media posts to understand what his decades of experience are telling him is happening right now in this country.

@K9Kohle789
28% of polled voters are Republicans
29% of polled voters are Democrats
38% of polled voters are Independents

I'd say the "traitors" are the ones trying to limit the voters to rigged choices. If you want to be with the majority #WriteInBernie and stop rigging your primaries, traitor!!

Um.... no. 🍷😆

@Nunya Don't care. #NeverBidenNeverTrump

@Nunya, @K9Kohle789 You are deluding yourself. I would have never voted for Billary any more than I would vote for D tRump. #WriteInBerne

If the DNC wanted to win, they should have rigged their primary for a better candidate.

A vote for Biden or Trump is a vote for more and continued corporate control of our government. It IS as simple as that.

@Normanbites Hon, I'm not deluded - you are absolutely correct that voting for either candidate will ensure corporate control of our government. But a vote for Trump will also ensure that our country will become increasingly authoritarian. That is a future I do not want.

@Nunya More authoritarianism is part and parcel of increased corporate control. You are just slowing it down, which is how we got to where we are.

@Normanbites so... you want to accelerate that by keeping SCROTUS in office?

At the very worst Biden will strengthen, normalize, the rule of law and support a proper election. I won't argue with you in that he will do what he can for his party, that is just saying it's not an idiot, really.

I, however, truly believe that voting against Biden at this time truly is voting for national destruction. For an end to being able to vote for whatever you might want, and thus an end to your ability to advocate for a harder left platform that might be able to be successful in the future.

You are advocating for a losing battle, which WILL lose the war. Win this battle, so you can fight another battle and help shift things farther left, where you want them.

@Normanbites oh your math and logic are so far off balance. 38% identified independent voters in no way equals all supporting Sanders. I wish the electorate were more progressive. They are not at this point even close. The bulk of the electorate is centrist across many issues. Sanders excites his base, like tRump does his, ...sorry, Bernie, for that horrid comparison. But excited base does not equal broadest support.
What you call rigged limited choices in voting is actually the Constitutional system. We are a two party system, like it or not. I certainly don't like it, but it is the reality we are in. You are blind to keep insisting we can wish it away with write-in ballots. You'd certainly need even more than the mythical 38% Bernie club to succeed. It ain't happening. Your plan is a Fuck-it-all disaster for our wounded democracy. It has to heal a lot before you can expect it to win the Olympics.

@Gnarloc All I have control over is MY vote (though I am certain I am not alone in my thinking). As such, MY vote will go for NEITHER Biden NOR Trump. If the DNC wanted MY vote, they should have rigged their primary for a better candidate.

@Normanbites How can anyone argue with someone that refuses to use logic in their arguments? Like it or not, politics is a game & is subject to the algorithms of game theory. If you want a particular outcome, you must take particular steps to implement your strategy.

@Nunya The "game" is corporate domination. Currently both choices offered by the major parties head in the wrong direction. There are other moves to make in the game.

@Normanbites Yes, there are. But I'm trying to make the move that leads to less long-term suffering.

@Nunya We've been voting for the lesser evil for over 100 years. Does that sound like less suffering to you?

@Normanbites Yes. You have to be willing to make positive change wherever you can. Here's some inspiration: [nytimes.com] [johnlewisgoodtrouble.com] [ew.com]

@Nunya Apparently you've never heard the frog in water fable ....
[en.wikipedia.org]

Stand up, keep moving and sit less to avoid depression. Your vote can bring a better USA.

thanks for the encouragement! I'm coming off a medical irritation. Starting the three mile jog again.

not if he votes for trump or cruz or any republican actually they are all complicit and got paid by putin

I'd think you would vote for biden since you have such disdain for the left, he does too. He's courting repuglicans not progressives. He should be your sort of neo-liberal.

nope... Still voting for Trump.

If everyone sat out in protest of the f'd up system which routinely gives us poor choices maybe we could get actual change for the better. I don't see another way anymore. All we're doing is becoming more tribal and that trend will not change until independent thinkers get into power.

Wrong. "...maybe we could get actual change." ?!?!?
Sitting out democratic participation is a surefire path to losing your democracy entirely.

There is no such thing as everyone sitting out an election. The votes that actually elect the president are not cast by people as citizens.

@MikeInBatonRouge yes. I said it. I don't see another way. Just one round. The egg on their faces might actually yield positive change. I'm aware of what that implies of the democracy but it just might work.

@KevinMR no. You allow fascists to take over and block future democracy. Read up on early and mid-20th century European history. Fascism did not take over by random bad luck.

@MikeInBatonRouge hell no I don't. I understand how that comment would trigger that response but that's not at all what I would condone.

@KevinMR not intentionally, no, but in effect, that is what not voting allows, if enough people take that approach.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:529044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.