Agnostic.com

19 18

Since I am new here I have to share. This is one of the reasons why I searched ithis site out...Something that made me say holy fuck out loud, to the dismay of many parents at my daughters private school. Next door there is a church. The Catholic Church. In front there is a statue of Mary shrine for the dedication. People like to pray there and do whatever it is that makes them feel better about themselves. I finally walked over to look at what it said. It made me say holy fuck out loud. It just makes me sick that there are people people Some thing that made me say holy fuck out loud, to the dismay of many parents at my daughters private school. Next door there is a church. A Catholic church. In front there is a statue of Mary shrine with the dedication. People like to pray there and do whatever it is that makes them feel better about themselves. I finally walked over to look at what it said. It made me say holy fuck out loud. It just makes me sick that there are People in this world that will shame my daughter possibly, for a choice she makes about her own body and own reproductive system.

chrisf 3 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Where is the Catholic monument to the millions of Jews, Gays, Gypsies, and sick that Catholics and Popes helped the Nazis murder? The victims of Catholics and other Christians were REAL living breathing thinking people; not embryonic cell clumps.

The Knights Of columbus are racist rapists enslaving women .... I call them TAMPON TERRORISTS threatening women NOT TO MENSTRUATE and seeking laws to force women to die pregnant rather than obtain a life saving abortion AND DENYING THE WHO a single penny to distribute deadly disease preventing condoms thus murdering 6 million women globally each year

I was brought up in a protestant family in which the use of birth control was accepted and encouraged. Meanwhile, my husband was brought up catholic. Between me and my three sisters we had no abortions while my three sisters-in-law had at least 10 among them (I lost count after ten). One of my s-i-ls told me that she once had an abortion because she did not love the guy and "a child conceived with no love has a tainted soul." She said that to me knowing that my husband, her brother, was born as the product of a rape. She also told me that her long time boyfriend wanted to marry her so she discontinued her use of birth control believing that if she got pregnant then the marriage was "meant to be" . She got pregnant, they broke up and she had yet another abortion. I could not listen to her talk about anything after that. After heard most of my catholic in law's abortion stories, I finally concluded that they were using abortion as their primary birth control.

I would never have had an abortion, even if I was pregnant as a result of a rape. I know myself well enough to know that it would have been traumatic for me to do that. I am a leftist, social democrat, but I just would not be able to do it. Having said that, I do not want Roe Vs Wade to be overturned because I know that it would not stop there. The evangelicals really do want all women to be barefoot and pregnant. They would not stop at banning abortion; they would also prohibit any type of bc-Mike Huckabee has said as much.

Now, about catholics and adoption. My mother-in-law gave birth to my husband in a catholic "school" for unwed mothers at the age of 19, after having been raped by her sister's catholic husband. He already had his wife knocked up when he did that btw. It was the practice of that facility where she gave birth to put pressure on the young women there to give their babies up for adoption. My m-i-law refused and she had her father's support in that decision. BUT, it turned out. the facility was making money selling the babies they were able to procure. My mother-in-law was also made to feel a lot of guilt for what had happened to her. Her mother believed that she "seduced" the man. I told my mother that and she said "Catholics always blame the woman."

Yes. All that wasted protein.

Nobody dies in an abortion.

If that bothers you so much it may be a YP.

Wow! Just awful. I gasped in horror when I saw this.

I know I'm preaching to the choir... but i must..

Its not hard to understand. A medical decision is between a patient and their physician... nobody else's business.

At 6 weeks (when the majority of abortions occur), the electrical activity in what would develop into a brain is less developed than the nervous system of a Shrimp. 6 weeks is 17 weeks from having a brain processing power to react to adverse stimulus.
The zygote has not developed a cerebral cortex and therefore still 8 weeks from being able to breathe or swallow. Its the size of a pea.

If a woman has sex with 100 men in a year, she can only produce one full term pregnancy.
If a man has sex with 100 women in a year, he can produce 100 full term pregnancies.
Why are they only focused on regulating women's bodies?

Welcome to the site, rather ignorant memorial isn't it. 🤔

I am sure they do not bother working with the "alive walking abortions". the ones that should had been aborted and for many reasons ended up being born and survived this world. All the broken humans out there... being cared before turning 18 and then really thrown out there to the world.
I have done an abortion, I never think of it until I get into posts like this. I am glad I did. I was an irresponsible 19yo pre-college girl. No way I would have a chance of providing any decent life to a child back then. The worse is - in Brazil, abortion is illegal. But that does not stop, THERE ARE ABORTIONS BEING PERFORMED DAILY, as everyone knows.
Danger, danger... I could not reframe that more. The safety is based on how much $ you have, then you can find a clinic or method. Little do I have to say, a teen not telling my parents of what had happened for the fear of consequences, Mine was in a stranged apartment by downtown. If I remember correctly, they covered my face so I would not recognize the location. Lucky me a friend stayed the whole time and helped me go back home. I am thankful nothing major happened...
I will always be pro-choice. I have my opinion to a certain things, but I will never be the one controling another person's choice over their own body and future.

Welcome to the Asylum friend.
Strange how these Faithfools love moaning and screaming about abortions, etc, but you NEVER hear even the slightest whimper issue forth when it comes to the literally COUNTLESS babies conceived by Nuns, fathered by priests who were unceremoniously tossed alive and crying in to the Quick Lime pits ALL Convents had in their grounds until the mid 20th. Century.

Knights of Columbus, Council 4398 who the fu...k are they? How dare they to call themselves Kinights, more like ignorant idiots who I bet do not care one iota for children in their diocese who do not have enough to eat or cannot get a decent education.

[kofc.org] A bunch of men founded by a priest.

Or the border children that are separated from their parents.

They consider themselves knight as in the Crusades, a bunch of ravenous Christian war mongers who burned and pillaged every village that got in their way. They were anything but saints, though Disney history tries to paint them that way. Knights of Columbus are just another dying Christian male social group, like the Lions, Elk, Moose, etc. They are going extinct just like their predecessors did.

@Happycanuck You are just an old pussycat.

Glad you found us … I’ve daughters, too ~

Varn Level 8 Oct 1, 2020

I fully support protection of bodily sovereignty, not just for women but for all humans. That said, I don't understand why people who believe whatever they believe praying over a stone that expresses sympathy for the lives of unborn terminated at various stages 'shames' anyone. It is something they do where they congregate and is a shared sentiment.

That I also see prohibition of pregnancy termination via voluntary abortion as a matter of bodily sovereignty and a private matter over which a woman is entitled to 100%, unmolested, unthreatened authority, it remains homicide and some people, believers and non, hold homicide to be something very grave (pun intended). As long as they mourn away - as far as possible - from secular laws and society, I have no problem with it. It falls under First Amendment protection; an amendment which is vitally important to non-believers as well.

It gets worse when you realize that the Buybull says a child is a child when it draws the first breath. Before that it is not a baby and has no rights.

I have never, ever, ever seen a memorial to the women who died in childbirth.

Perhaps it would be good to make one in the loving memory of the victims of Catholic Church.

Yes please!

You should erect one for the victims of "Christian brainwashing victims"...

aborted brains victims also known as Christian brainwashed kids.

Whenever I encounter anti-choice people, I always ask them how many children they’ve adopted from orphanages.

That answer has zero bearing on whether ending a pregnancy early is taking a life. Democrats (on non-denominational humans who argue the Evan position never, in my estimation, address the Evan line of logic and that's why we don't settle this "issue" ) have bungled the response and the idea of AntiChrist may be playing itself out as a self-fulfilling prophecy (possibly a Biblical one, also). I started to warn people we are in the end time as a strategy but am beginning to question the validity of my own doubts.

@rainmanjr

Understand that perspective, however “pro-lifers” are typically only “pro-birthers”. Once born, fuh-geddabout-it.

Yeah, when I've tried to make similar arguments, they say something to the effect that it's not their problem; rather it's the parents' obligation to raise the child. And if they don't? Their answer is usually the parents should be sentenced to prison until they do. Yeah, that's gonna help. Cause when they get out they won't even be able to gain decent enough employment to support themselves. wtf man?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:539499
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.