Agnostic.com

23 20

Is it Saturday yet ?
Let’s turn 50 and get over with it pls 😂

This is not how I wanted to spend my 50 birthday wknd guys , but here we are .

The only daughter of a good friend is getting married , and here I am at hotel tonight , 3 hr car ride , a cute little town in northern Virginia .
Done w rehearsal dinner crap , and the wedding is for Saturday night . Tension btwen the families , struggle for acceptance , moody in laws , and A prick brother of the bride that i was one step away from serving him his tongue for dessert . But I smiled .of course 🙃

She is getting married to her college roommate , also a girl , and I am here to support and entertain, yeah , believe it or not , I can make the young and the older laugh , and my friend it’s counting on me . No problem , I got this ✌🏻.

Nobody knows that is also my 50th birthday on Saturday , and my friend will keep her mouth shut . The brides , young enough to be my kids , ( fuck my life ?), should have all the lights on them 🙌. When u are 23, these type of things are important ♥️😂

I am in bed already at hotel w mr ET , my buddy for the last 25 yrs in USA , both aliens , both we long for home .
Are we home ? I don’t know . And it does not matter afterall .
Where is home ?
Is fifty old ?
At what age short dresses and high boots need to retire ?
At what age a woman should say to self “ slow down grandma Moses , that ain’t for u anymore “.
At what age u start looking calendar and say , “ Velociraptors shouldn’t work every day , is bad for their skin , maybe cut back to twice a week instead ? “
I don’t know .
All I know is that I wanted a cake , candles, and a big party damn it 🦇😂
Either way , earth will keep rotating . Some nerve !!!
I love u guys 🍰🍨🍦💃🍫☕️

Pralina1 9 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm 51 and I still go to metal concert's and wear metal band t-shirts, IDC! It's what I love to do, to listen to and makes me feel alive! You do you, who cares what and when is the right age for certain things, if you rock the shit out of a short skirt and high boots, do it!

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ I love u ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

@Pralina1 Love you too!!!! ❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘💐💐💐💐🌹🌹🌹🌹

Have a happy birthday and enjoy the wedding. 50 is not old and you should wear whatever you feel like. Just remember you can't take it with you, so enjoy all the time you can.

I miss u Glenn , thank u sweetie , Alive !!!♥️♥️♥️🙌🙌🙌

Chronological age is not what matters in the least ...and incidentally at 50 you’re still a youngster to me, but what age you feel inside your head and heart, and whether you still have that joie de vivre and sense of fun! I know that you do still have it...in bucketloads...! Have a wonderful birthday my dear Pralina, and enjoy yourself at the wedding...I know you will!! 🤗🥰❤️🎂🥂🎼💐

Everything easier w music , thank u for the music Ms Marion 🙌🙌🙌♥️♥️♥️. I ll do my best today 🤗🤗🤗

@Pralina1 Have fun...that’s what birthdays are for...indulge yourself in some way! 💖

Best wishes. Just stay away from the bride's brother and party. PS fifty is not old, take it from somebody who is way older than that.

Thank u sir , I ll do my best 🤗🤗🤗♥️♥️♥️

Awe! Celebrate your birthday as well, not for the strangers but for you. I am jjst behind you on this life journey, by the way - ET are my initials. 😂 and I am an oficial alien too. Hehehehehe
Happy birthday!!!!

U are my favorite alien too then ! ET .. phone .. home 🤗😂♥️🙌. Kisses to Mr Thor , thank u sweetheart ♥️

Have a happy 50th! Have a couple extra shots at the reception and ask for extra cake! 🎂🎉🥂🥂🥂

Oh man , two shots of anything = they lll have to carry me to my room 😂😂! Thank u sweetheart ♥️♥️♥️

. . . not to put too fine a point on it, but

. . . getting old (you aren't all-the-way there yet) is not for sissies 😛 😮 🙂

HahahAhahahah 😂😂😂😂!!! Thank u !

Wishing you a happy birthday Pralina, I hope your birthday is at least somewhat peaceful, given you could not get a party. Fifty isn't old by the way, far from it. Take care.

Thank u spike ! Alive !!! 🙌

Awww 🙂 To some folks you are still a baby. You wear, say and do whatever you feel like. You deserve a good time. Or at least time away from the hospitial.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE

Thank u beautiful brains u . I enjoy u so much on this site 🙌♥️🙌♥️

A little party....

Number One , the green guy , I love him !!!! 😂😂😂!
Thank u 🤗🤗🤗

Happy (belated (didn't fire up the computer yesterday)) birthday. We share the same birth month and are now both members of the 50's age demographics.

Today I attended the open casket viewing for my father. One of the few that attended was a former student of my father's last year as a music teacher. She traveled from a different town, brought her daughter, and spoke of how my father's love of music had changed her life for the better. Her stories were a nice distraction.

As a 5th grader my first significant loss was my much beloved grandmother. My parents were great but at that time there was nobody emotionally closer and her loss was profoundly painful and at times, crippling. It took many years to adapt to a life without her. The following years I lost a classmates (suicide), two other grandparents, an 8th grade student suicide (that one really hurt), a few co-worker then another student to an accident, then the last remaining grandfather. All sad but tolerable. Now, with the death of my father, I find myself no stronger then when I was a 5th grader who had lost his grandmother.

50's is not old. Although my first grandmother died (breast cancer) when she was in her 50's my grandfather continued into his 90's. Sadly, after my grandmother died a less then wonderful woman married my (lonely) grandfather. Fortunately, she only lived another 20 years freeing up my grandfather to hook up with another wonderful woman. It was great; like watching teen-agers in love they held hands, smiled, kissed each moved in with each other and seemed to be extremely happy until her kids managed to convince her that her dead husband who was waiting in heaven would not approve of her being happy with another man.

Burial at the Veteran's cemetery tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to preacher blather about Jesus, moved on to living in heaven with others that had passed. Really hard to bite my tongue with such non-sense. The suicide note the was found by the friends of the 8th grade student who hung herself read, "I have killed myself so I can live with my dead father and Jesus in heaven." Her father had died one year earlier.

I'm sorry to learn this. All you can do is hang on to that knot in your rope. Maybe the preacher won't go on to long. My four siblings were kind enough to ask me if I had any objection to the preacher at our mom's funeral. I said not as long as he doesn't turn it into 'save my soul' thing. He kept it brief.
Reach out to me by message if you need someone during this time. I've been there and I'm happy to listen. Hugs

@freeofgod Thanks, Preacher kept it short and had limited effect on me as I simply rolled my eyes when he spoke of Jesus and living in heaven after you are dead. Was a bit sad (pathetic) that my ailing mother fully buys into this nonsense. I felt sorry for her when she asked if I understood what the preacher stated then in the context of me not being a believer asked, "Where did I (her) go wrong? (in not making me a -saved- believer)" My best response was no response.

I could have responded by quoting her earlier (day of my father's death) quoting my father's mother's last words of regret as "The greatest pain I ever encountered was my boys not believing in god." I could have reminded her that my father was my grandmother's son and subject to the lament indicated my father was also "not a believer". I could have directed her to the Clergy Project and noted conducting church choir then later to sing in church choir, did not dictate he was a believer. I have no memory of him ever promoting prayer or church. As his role was the peacemaker, I am rather sure he "played along" to keep her happy.

The 21 gun salute brought me back to army basic training days. Even though the honor guard was stationed in the cold windy and cloudy North Dakota outdoors just beyond the chapel's lower clear glass windows, when the rounds were fired, I could smell the gunpowder and feel the hot sun of Missouri on my arms.

We all see the world from our own perspective.

I can’t even tell u how I feel your words .
If I say I am sorry , is not good enough . I know he was comftable w meds and that u took care of that , and that’s important .
The memories of a loved father , will be yours to keep always . Nobody can’t take these away from u , not even his death ..
With time , u will see , u will use these memories to smile , even laugh , u will use these memories to teach others .
It’s done . Breathe . I am available , me and my big ears .
With time u ll see , the ones that we loved , never leave us really . And that’s a great thing .

@Pralina1 Thank you for your caring insight. With time, I hope to recover more memories. When he was in TCU and after his death the moment I left the room I had no memories of who he was, what he looked like, what we did, nothing, just an empty hole and feeling of profound loss.

Talking with mother and looking back at a old photos has refreshed a few memories: A decade of taking him to the YMCA to work out, 12 years ago he was T-Boned and never drove again so every day I would take him to the YMCA. SCUBA diving, the day (22 years ago) he and I traveled to my farmstead near Devils Lake to weed the tree lines.

Because my father liked cherry tomatoes I grew them and made sure he would get everything I grew. Seeing the last of my plants die brought back memories that for three years I had anticipated these would be the last tomatoes I would be able to grow them for him.

". . .use these memories to teach others" - - I have for years used his modeling of desiring the best possible outcomes for others, like him, occasionally at my own expense. Until this moment, I had failed to recognize how he had a profound role in my developing this learned attribute.

Thank your for opening this memory.

@NoMagicCookie ♥️♥️♥️

Happy Birthday, age is relative and 50 years is not old

And Happy Bday October sister..🍾🥂🎂🥂🍾

My Bday is today, was hoping to see my kids and grandkids..so like you I'll be spending it alone, yet again. This time I'm getting dolled up and hitting the town. Dinner in the The North End (italian neighborhood) for Veal Scaloppinie..then off to a cafe for Tiramisu, a Cappuccino and Frangeligo..I maybe alone but gonna do it styling..
You can stop wearing what You want, when You want..❤❤❤❤

We have the same birthday ??? Yay !!! I hope u enjoyed , and I agree , in style !!!!🙌🙌🙌♥️♥️♥️
Happy birthday sweetie ♥️♥️🙌💃

@Pralina1 it was stylish

@Charlene ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Age is just a number, so the answer to your questions (particularly the one about short dresses and tall boots) is do it as long as it makes you feel good, and fuck the naysayers!

I'm sorry you aren't getting the party you wanted, but I hope you find a way to indulge yourself. Happy birthday, Pralina!

Thank u Lauren , and thank u more ♥️♥️♥️

Happy Birthday to you! Hope you find many reasons to smile today. 😘

Thank u sweetheart ! ♥️♥️♥️

Hope it worked out for you and you made then laugh. And 50? As my friends always said to me, you're as old as the woman you feel!

♥️🙌♥️

Just read this like a week later but happy belated birthday to you Pralina! 😊 🎂

Thank u sweetheart ! ♥️♥️♥️

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You are young to me. 😉 I'm sorry you are not having a party. 😟 You dress however you feel comfortable.

Thank u sticks ♥️♥️♥️🤗🤗🤗

Congratulations on turning 50. It's an accomplishment all in itself.

Damn right !! Thank u ♥️

Happy Birthday, anyway!

Thank u ♥️♥️♥️

Happy 50! Hopefully the wedding will go off without too much in the drama department !

Ohub Level 7 Oct 10, 2020

Thank u sweetie , I hope so too 🙌😂🙌🤗♥️

Happy birthday, sweet lady.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542172
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.