Agnostic.com

24 28

Every so often, when I bite into a perfectly ripe fresh fig, I start to believe there might be a god. Sometimes really good pizza does that for me too.

TheoryNumber3 8 Oct 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I may have thought there was a God during orgasm once, hard to tell it was decades ago.

I hear ya, girl! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

lol

The fig is from nature and the pizza was from a human. No god required.

There are some who would argue that god IS nature... but I'm not one of them 🙂

That kind of sex where I am looking into a woman's eyes and I just can't believe I am with that that person. What an amazing feeling!

Bacon 🙂

Not for me. I used to love it, but I'm a vegetarian now.

Funny... As for the fig, I would have thought about the soil and growing conditions to yield such a prize. As for the pizza... MAMA MIA... I'd thank the maker!

I love both, and at the same time! Fortunately, we have a pizzeria nearby that perfectly accommodates my palate with a Fig-Prosciutto Pie! With mozzarella, gorgonzola, balsamic, onions & black pepper.
[instagram.com]

Some people just piss me right off with their good fortune. It's even a bit too far to ask that you send me a piece 😕

Where do you live? I'll be right over!!

Get that from great Italian restaurant here

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 12, 2020

Eww. Figs. vomit emoji
But I feel you on the delicious pizza sentiment especially when I've had something to spur my appetite 😉

Have you ever actually eaten a fresh fig? I'm not talking about the dried ones. They're awful.

No. But I prefer other delicious fruits, that are sweeter, than figs. Particularily the berry family (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries) and peaches/apricots and oranges.

I agree with completely, FIGS are disgusting.

I am more of an oh god, but only when I am coming

Thanks for sharing 🙂

a good fruit is a fabulous thing! Figs, pears, grapes, and peaches are my favorites.

Yes, veggie pizza!!

yes!! I like spinach and onion... or just spinach

@TheoryNumber3 and green peppers and mushrooms too...

Certain food can seem to be heavenly

Unity Level 7 Oct 12, 2020

Pork products make me toe the line...

Well I can't support you on that one. I'm a vegetarian 🙂

Deep dish pizza for us deep thinkers.

godef Level 7 Oct 13, 2020

YES!!!!!

I love fresh figs. But Pizza smells like vomit.

Ok now that's just sacrilege!!!

"Good" as in thin crust spinach, mushroom, broccoli, garlic, cauliflower, a sprinkling of mozzarella, a sprinkling of hot pepper seeds, & voila! Just as I had in Sorrento Italy. Only the pizza there was 5 feet across. The Mediterranean diet works. Is healthful, for humans & the planet & other living things. & delicious!

Now yer talkin!!! Just take it easy on the garlic as a courtesy to others 🙂

Do not worship false gods! Flying Spaghetti Monster is the One True God.

Well, I do love a juicy, sweet, ripe peach or nectarine or plum. It has not been a good year for those. It's hard to tell a good one without smelling it in the store, and hard to smell while wearing a mask.

I know a few people who wear a mask and smell. They smell really bad. 🙂

@TheoryNumber3
I blame the pandemic for poorer personal hygiene. Cave dwellers. 🙂

A supernaturally gifted person, perhaps. But not an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent being. Not THE God.

Oh, to bit into a fresh fig, that is heavenly, indeed.

Let one of those giant fig beetles land on you and you might go the opposite way.

What s a fig beettle?

@Jolanta They are about 2 inches in size they can fly and they eat figs. They are usually a metallic color of green and gold. I have see them in California around the fig trees in my mom's front yard.

@Jolanta I'm glad you asked. I had no idea either. @azzow2 keep them out there please. They sound super creepy

I've heard about fresh figs, but all the figs I've ever seen were dried, or in Fig Newtons.

You have something to look forward to.

An inside out flower, I miss them … once had seven trees ~ Strange thing, I could rarely get anyone to try them, so instead, I’d plant a start for them 🙂

Varn Level 8 Oct 12, 2020

I wonder how the ancient Romans would feel about Domino's Pizza (ugh)

... because your taste buds are still working even after the huge amount of drugs you have taken?

That must be it! However did you know?

@TheoryNumber3 god works like that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:542958
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.