Agnostic.com

77 14

Although I don't believe the world is ending soon , I believe there's a God, a force that has power over human. Just like we have superiority over animals, someone/something has power over us too. What do you think?

nanabockz 4 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

77 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not think we have superiority over animals, for one thing. Do they war, destroy the planet, make each other have crippling guilt over sky-fairy crapola, put each other in cages? For just a few things.....

If you believe in a "supreme being", why are you on this site?

No...I believe we are under the control of nothing except the powerful forces of human greed and political stupidity. There is no greater power in the sense of a supernatural being.

No to superiority over animals. Believing in something because it "has power over" something else is already going down a wrong and dangerous path.

The laws of chemistry and physics lord over us, not a god.

I'd have to say even that doesn't lord over us. We just have to learn about it to get around it, like anti-gravity chambers.

We have superiority over animals? Go tell that to the brown bears that have been raiding a town in NH for so long they've lost all shyness and actually break into houses and have attacked people. Better yet, tell the Covid-19 virus how superior we are.

We have technology. That doesn't make us "superior" to anything else on the planet, and it doesn't imply that any other beings have to exist to be "above" us. Even if they were, what's above them, and so on and on? It's an infinite regress that doesn't solve anything. By that rationale, it's just gods without end.

(Edited: I misspelled "rationale". Not very rational of me, I know.)

Did you lose a bet at your weekly bible study class. You had to go to Agnostic.com and other such websites and convert 10, or some other number, of lost souls. There is no god. Accept the truth my friend. It will set you free.

Nope, everything that has happened has been 100% biology and sociology and psychology.
No one is coming to help us, not Gods or Aliens.

Well .

Provide your evidence . . . its all we ask

I don't understand the concept of superiority over animals.

Is your belief founded on falsifiable evidence? If so, would you care to share that evidence with the rest of us?

Absolutely not!! The animal analogy is a particularly bad one. Jus because as a species we have developed the capacity to kill or control other living creatures, that does not make us “superior” to them. So, no, there is no indication of the existence of a conscious entity that could be called a “someone” that is “superior” to us.

I think you're on the wrong website.

Did you ever believe in Santa? How did that work out!?

Did he have power over flying reindeer, or did they force him to deliver toys?

As a child many of us may have. But also the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny.

But we eventually learn that it’s not real and move forward.

@SeaRay215ex more people should do that with the god concept.

I think your beliefs are totally without merit. There is no god, no heaven, no hell, no devil. There is only this world we live in, that can be seen and felt. You are peddling Stone Age myths.

From what I have seen, ALL gods are mythological. What has power over us are the laws of nature, which exist without gods.

I don’t know. If you’ve ever been scuba diving in the ocean, sat on a boat with your legs in the water in the Everglades, or walked through the woods in Africa, you’d question how much superiority you really have over the animals. Things are equal in many ways.

I think that power is mother nature and her laws of physics and quantum mechanics. You could suggest a god created those laws, and possibly multiple universes, but then I'd have to ask where your god came from. All I know is a god doesn't interact with us, and we are intertwined with nature.

Taking just one of your points in what way are we superior to animals? We spend most of our lives, learning or working to achieve tiny bits of plastic that we then value over our family and friends, we kill each other over stupid opinions and false ideologies, we destroy the environment and expect nothing to change. Dolphins swim eat mate have babies get attacked, play enjoy themselves and manage to negotiate an ocean without a compass or GPS, homing pigeon and many other migratory animals are able to traverse the globe without getting lost, some human can barely make it to the shops and back. Humans are destructive, greedy, hate, murder etc all with a brain that can reason and knows that what they are doing is repugnant to a large group of society. Animals might hunt each other but they don't pretend to be morally upright while doing it, only a few species (those closest to humans) kill each other for little or no reason (many do it for food) Most animals have much better vision, agility, motor function, hearing, flight, group co-ordination, family structure (harsh and hard as it may be) and are in tune with the environment.

If you are here just to stir up trouble I think you are going to be sadly disappointed.

Many years ago I remember reading something that went roughly like this.

Humans looked at their world and saw that it fitted them well, when they walked to a spot there was water and food and as they moved around there was more water and food. The wondered how the world came to be just right for them. (we are an arrogant and conceited bunch) They decided that someone must have made the world for them, then in their arrogance they gave the figure a shape, their shape and the worshiped it in the hopes that better fortune might come their way, thus began the age of gods.

I think you are totally deluded

We are not "superior" over animals. We are animals. I do not understand your apparent insistence on a hierarchy of control and superiority.

I think that's a futile notion to bring to a space for those who don't believe in such things, and that there's nothing in your wording to suggest that you're genuinely here for discussion on the matter or care about anyone else's point of view. Like the majority, I think that's just stupid. It's more likely that Mercury has influence on us than your notion.

I think you've joined the wrong group . This is Agnostic.com .

I think that this is potentially inflammatory and/or attention-seeking behavior to post this on Agnostic.

MizJ Level 8 Nov 12, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:551934
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.