Agnostic.com

7 12

I have often been mad as heck for about five years and this week, I am mad as heck again.

My eight year old grandson is being quarantined this week because he was full-on exposed to Covid at the summer day camp he is attending. Not only does this mean that he can get the disease, it means that he can go nowhere for a week and a half. It means that his parents have to take off work to stay home with him. It means that he can't have the sleepover at Grandma's planned for this weekend. Apparently, the possibility of disease and the the other issues mean nothing to the anti-vaxxers, particularly to an Agnostic.com member who asked, "WHAT'S IT TO YOU IF I DON'T GET VACCINATED?"

It is the possibility of not only my grandson becoming ill, but his little sister getting Covid, too. His parents are vaccinated, but they are still at risk because vaccines are not 100% effective. To all of the children and adults at camp who were also exposed to this person, it is "something" to them, too. Of course, the person with Covid might be a child, but that still means someone spread the disease to that child. (The camp is giving out no information beyond the exposure.)

Yesterday, I went to a thrift store where an elderly man sits on a tall stool, maskless, greeting people as they come in. I overheard a person (they are largely volunteers) who work there discussing Covid with another customer and they told me that this man is not vaccinated and refuses to be vaccinated because it is "not in the Bible." Before I left, he was walking to the back of the store saying very loudly, "Don't no one need to TELL ME that I NEED to get vaccinated." I said, just as loudly, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink." I wish that I had added, "There's no fool like an old fool."

I still wear a mask and am glad that I do.

I sent an message to the store later telling them that I would not donate or be back to buy as long as Typhoid John is there.

Maybe you DON'T NEED to get vaccinated but other people need you to do so. Don't care about those people? Then you are a worthless human who lacks basic kindness and empathy.

I won't even go about Covid and the Bible, but it appears that some atheists and agnostics on this site are aligning themselves with the rabid Xitans on this one.

Ignorant and stupid fanatics--all birds of a feather regardless of their beliefs.

Gwendolyn2018 9 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why in the world did they send him to camp ????

Buddha Level 8 July 29, 2021

I have no information telling me that intelligent people populate the earth. Yes there are individuals and pockets of intelligent people doing good work, but for the most we do not have the empathy it takes to be intelligent. As a species we are not going to make it. I would like to be proven wrong.

I wish these idiots would actually "live their Biblical principles" and forgo all modern medicine and sanitation. Most of them would already be dead.

@Gwendolyn2018 You mean they should become Amish!

The odds of an 8 year old dying from Covid 19 is statistically zero. The odds of a child dying from vaccination, are greater than that of the virus. To date there have been 337 CV19 deaths in the 0-17 year old group in the U.S.. [statista.com]

BDair Level 8 July 29, 2021

Yes but she is not talking about the child being vaccinated, only the general and older population. And there is a small risk to children, plus the unknown as yet, long term effects, which may be nothing, but may also exist.

The fact is, there are more effective protocols for prevention of a corona virus than the vaccines, which do not prevent infection or spread. There are also proven protocols for effective treatment that render the use of an unapproved experimental product unnecessary.

so you're a spreader I'm figuring.

@Gwendolyn2018 this chumps avatar is essentially "BaD air"

@BDair Yes, there are other methods (protocols if you like ) available to control the virus. But none of them including the vaccinations are mutually exclusive, in fact a lot of them complement one another. While if you have one which renders the vacs unnecessary, you had better write about it to the WHO and let the world know, because there are a lot of countries fighting the virus and failing, even with the vaccinations. And your Nobel prize I am sure will be a certainty.

@Gwendolyn2018 thanks. my opinion is the label "anti-vaxer" should be less politicized and changed to "spreader" or "infector". its more to the point of the idiocy involved. "anti-vaxer" is to respectful of the dim intellect reflected by those already bitten by the dumb bug.

@Gwendolyn2018 "By the way, to the parents of those 376 children who died from Covid, it's a big deal regardless of the "small" number." By the way, to the parents of hundreds of children that have died or suffered permanent dissabilities from the 'extremely rare' vaccine adverse events, it is a big deal.

@Fernapple The WHO is already well aware a medication that won the Nobel prize in medicine for its developers that has proven to be nearly 100% effective in prophylaxsis and treatment of Covid at every stage, including 'long haulers'. Ivermectin is being used broadly in the populations of Mexico and India with remarkable results.

You haven’t been following the news much. The new variants are hitting kids and making them sicker than the original virus. Try to keep up!

Can you provide data to support your assertion? The Delta variant is one tenth as pathenogenic as the original strain, which was not lethal at all for young people. Unvaccinated people are presenting with only mild cold like symptoms, from which they quickly recover and acquire long lasting immunity to all varients. Vaccinated people are having a much harder time with the varients, likely due to Antibody Dependent Enhancement.

337 have died after contracting Covid-19.
Not even one child in UK has died as a result of having the vaccine :-

From the BBC...
"The vaccine has been linked to incredibly rare cases of inflammation of the heart muscle (myocaritis) and of the sac the heart beats inside (pericarditis). This was found to be more common in younger men and after a second dose.

But the European Medicines Agency - which approves vaccines for the European Union - says there have been one-to-two cases per million people given the vaccine. Nearly everyone made a full recovery."

Robert Malone, who is credited with the invention of mRNA vaccine technology has many online interviews. He seems very rational. [msn.com]

Not a lone voice by a long shot. There is a sizable faction of highly qualified expert doctors,nurses, virologists, epidemiologists, medical researchers, etc... that are voicing an alterntive to the pharmceutical corporation owned main stream narrative. Those voices have been actively silenced as much as posible. But you can hear them if you know where to look.

The BMJ is the only medical journal that is willing to take a critical view. [bmj.com]

A Vaccine Apologist Unapproved Site. But a good piece none the less. [noqreport.com]

Perfect!
I suspect some of these people are attention whores, because if I had what I consider a damed good reason to not get vaccinated I'd keep it to myself and these assholes loudly brag about it, like attention starved children. Better to get negative attention than no attention at all in their sad little scrambled stupid minds.
It is notable that they aren't being murdered for this considering these kind of people aren't above murdering the rest of us for us doing the right thing.

Atrocious conduct by the unvaccinated endangering others unforgivable

bobwjr Level 10 July 29, 2021

@Gwendolyn2018 Great minds

Your anger is easily understandable. I hope your family gets lucky on this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:612369
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.