Agnostic.com

96 11

What, in your opinion, is the greatest invention in human history?

Anything from the hand-axe to the quantum computer.

Jnei 8 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

96 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The antimatter toaster - I'm from the future.

What the hell are you toasting that you need antimatter to get it done?

Books and a warm blanket. A fireplace is a foregone inclusion.

Air conditioning

gater Level 7 Apr 20, 2018

A cell phone. I don't remember how I lived without one.

The Plastic Lawn Flamingo.

There are many great ones, but I think the assembly line is one of the greatest. It sparked the industrial revolution, put millions to productive work, made products more affordable.

Fire.

The wheel.

Written language

Electricity.

The greratest invention in history was the development of the transistor. Who could argue about that ??

alphabet, or frisbee

Deliberative Thought ie Why?, The first questions. Without that, no stone-axe or flint knives. Other animals use objects as tools. However there is a tremendous gulf between a stone being used like an axe and a stone deliberately shaped into even the most primative axe. The sheer number of perceptual and cognitive efforts required is staggering. I know it is difficult for most people to wrap their heads around, but you need thought tools for thought experiments, and thought experiments are prerequisites for effecting change in one's ecology socially and materially.

Electricity. Without it you'd have no modern society.

Chocolate....chocolate coated anything.

Language.

drawing and painting

Birth contol pills

Written language. That certainly paved the way for humans to accumulate knowledge on a scale that was never possible before.

Think I gotta go with this.

I have to say the best thing ever created by man (human race), is just one thing, Coffee! 2nd would be bacon.

The Fleshlight, obviously.

Really? I've gotten mixed reviews.

@Bignate901 Depends on the sleeve, I think.

? ha!

Two words- Duct Tape!

Air conditioning and chocolate

Hedy Lamarr's radio guidence system. Without it we wouldn't have spread spectrum and frequency hopping technology used in current phones.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 20, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62423
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.