Agnostic.com

24 41

Haha! I got a scammer deleted.

A handsome man from California sent me short messages ("Hi beautiful" ) relentlessly for several days. He gave himself away:

"i a medical doctor i work n Yemen hav to daughters e lif wit me."

Aha! A scammer. Over the years on dating sites, I have been contacted by forty scammers. None got a penny out of me. I reported and blocked them.

All claimed to be an American citizen working as a doctor, engineer or missionary in oil fields in Africa. Most said their children live with them. One or two kids. Lousy grasp of English. Rarely capitalize "i."

Same sob story: their wife died in a terrible car crash or ran off with their best friend.

I reported him to Agnostic: "Please investigate." They promptly deleted his profile.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Shhhh! You are giving me ideas! Buy th e whey i am rich postal service worker in Bolivar. My wife died in a tragic mule crash.

Oh, amigo, was your Senora on the same Mule as mine was.....LOL.

@Triphid
I think she was the one who ran into my wife. I cannot swear to it because it was a hit and trot. But it make me verrrry rich!

I don’t know.....he seemed kinda nice?!πŸ™ƒ

Silly girl. He is really a Nigerian Prince desiring only to give you millions.

I have been on various dating sites (all free) for over 25 years and have been contacted by hundreds of scammers over those years including a few here. I have always had fun chatting with them making it into a playful game. Never sent any money or gifts to anyone for any reason nor would I ever and I never understood why anyone would.

You mean to tell me there are scammers here? Oh no!!!, But I bet the gorgeous bombshell widow who is also a Marine Sargent stationed in Botswana that needs help to cover the burial of her husband who died of COVID-19 in Alabama, and who sent me direct mails because I have such a generous, and also sexy, face, requesting assistance (cash) to be sent to her so that she can come back to the states because the Marine brass do not want to pay for her travel, could be a scammer? What is this world coming to?

Well done, nice work, keep it up.

Have I mentioned that I'm a Nigerian prince? πŸ™‚

Nicely done.
πŸ˜‰

Good job, LH.

Did he put it as he is from California, San Francisco? I see one guy I was going to report had a very short profile, also handsome and claimed to be a "God Fearing Man" on this site. I pointed out to him that none of us believed in nor feared his god. This one claimed to be from Germany. Wanted to discuss "business" with me.

@misstuffy

He just put "California." Very short profile.

The guy sounds like a scammer.

@LiterateHiker I will bet it is the same guy as his profile has disappeared from my PM's

Scammers are so annoying.
and it breaks my heart that there must be enough lonely people who fall for that crap to make it worth their time.

Good for youπŸ‘‹

Good for you. I got my "scammer education" in Texas after my third wife died. It was quite an experience and I can spot them a mile away these days. This was a hands on live with me experience and she was also a doper. All was about the con. I remain on top of the situations today because I am not a part of the texting world. A scammer today will always text because they are often doing more than one person at a time. You think there could be an "us?" Talk to me. When they do, pay very close attention.

Not surprised.

Was he from Texas? His message to me suddenly disappeared. I got a scammer on Linkedin, too. It's like damn, fake employers are supposed to contact me here, not fake suitors. Get your story straight.

@UrsiMajor

Nigerian dating scammers say they live in the closest city, in my case, Seattle.

They steal photos from modeling websites and profiles from dating sites. Often I copy and post their main photos on Google image search.

The photo pops up on dating scammer buster websites.

Was he the freddavid guy, he was messaging me too! Lol

ATTAGIRL!

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 26, 2021

I'm glad you still have all the money.

How much are we talking, no time wasters please.

My wife ran off with my best friend, they were killed in a terrible car crash, but to their credit the insurance company paid off on all three policies.

Great sweety keep it up

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 26, 2021

Hi beautiful, I am a key support work for difficult cases of adults with autism, I work in Scotland and have a daughter who lives with me.....
Well the information is on my biography hahaha.
Like this fellow, my wife is also dead thanks to a brain tumour. When writing about myself I simply cannot capitalise 'i'.
I do live very near to the North Sea oil fields and around 50% of the UK's natural gas comes ashore about 9 miles away.
Unlike that person, I am not looking gain access to your funds, although should we ever meet, then if you were to offer to pay for a cuppa, then I would not turn it down.
As for citizenship, I am British. And handsome - well that is subjective and being single, perhaps I'm not.
Well done for getting rid of a scammer.

I've probably "disappeared" at least that many from dating sites. I, too, am a pit-bull when I sniff a suspected scammer in the room. But all they need is to find a couple desperate suckers a year and they're making better money than we are. I've noticed many of the guys here jump all over the new scam-bait when presented here, as "followers" (which I've always thought was kinda creepy, anyway). Puts them on the scammer's mailing-list I guess.

You know Lady Katherine, you not only may have missed out on LOTS of MONEY , but also the LOVE of YOUR LIFE. Please don't regret this. And if you do regret this, I can assuage your guilt & sorrow ....just call 1-800 Luv-Master....and have your credit card ready .

Satisfaction Guaranteed!

twill Level 7 Sep 26, 2021

Yes, one does not even have to be on any dating sites and they pop up. Usually saying they are from the US, in the army in some form or another.

Another scalp to notch up!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624663
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.