Agnostic.com

16 27

LINK GOP Texas lawmaker introduces bill to allow death penalty for women who have abortions | TheHill

*β€œToday, I filed HB 3326 to Abolish Abortion in Texas,” Texas State Rep. Bryan Slaton 🌈 said on Twitter.

*β€œThe bill will end the discriminatory practice of terminating the life of innocent children, and will guarantee the equal protection of the laws to all Texans, no matter how small," he said.

The bill would also ban abortions at fertilization, whereas most abortions in Texas are prohibited after 20 weeks.

Well, six weeks now

So any woman or couple who has gone through a miscarriage is now going to have to face a homicide investigation by this toxic logic.

Have I mentioned lately how much I despise these people?

BufftonBeotch 8 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another reason I call them all TAMPON TERRORISTs seeking to make menstruation ILLEGAL

Yeah. Every period would be met with suspicion since a woman's natural state should be either nursing an infant or pregnant.

@BufftonBeotch thank you for my next idea ....lets inject these male tampon terrorists with progesterone any and all hormones until their chest hair falls off and their titties are engorged with milk ....hook them up to a cow milking machine make human cheese and feed it to rapist priests in prison

Since the legislature doesn't meet until until 2023, this is all reelection BS. The chance of it even getting assigned to a committee is very low. He is running unopposed in November.

Sure, this may as well happen too. They're going to keep going until this land has become a Dominionist theocracy and it becomes commonplace to publicly stone atheists and gays. The American Taliban is under construction.

They are constructed, just waiting for the Republican vote rigging to allow them to take over the government and control the military.

@Barnie2years They know the babies will be good cannon fodder and war is effective for population control.

My post here is in no way an endorsement of Texas republicans. I live in Texas and here are a few things you should know because the GOP is taking this everywhere. We are a minority-majority state, but white men rule in Austin. All the large cities voted blue in 2020. However we are a non voting state and that was before the GOP started restricting voting everywhere they could. We just had a primary that selects who will represent the parties come election day. 17% of eligible voters came out. Most liberals only come out to vote for president. There will be runoffs in May and even less will show up. The GOP in Austin are redistricting and slicing up the blue cities and adding them to large rural areas so representation is diluted and this is happening in many states not just Texas. Florida and several other states have enacted even stricter abortion and voting laws.
This article was a year ago. It did not come to a vote. Every state has crazies that introduce crazy bills We are big so we have more I know. That said Texas, which promotes freedom, is restricting it more and more, as is the U.S. as a whole.
Large corporations write letters against these crazy bills, but in the end none will do anything because they enjoy the no income tax, lax regulations, and other benefits they get for moving here. Musk and Tesla is just one of the latest.
So where do I move to? I believe the GOP will take back Congress this fall and a republican will win the presidency in 2024 and then most of the country will become Texas.
So come and visit. Enjoy some great Tex-Mex food in San Antonio. Listen to great live music in Austin. If you like hiking visit Big Bend National Park. The most isolated national park in the U.S.

From a liberal/atheist living in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Thank you

Tell me the difference between xtians and muslims again? American Taliban

The guy is a nut case, but his bill is illegal. Federal law allows abortions and federal law is Supreme.

Unfortunately it is still the law

@Sierra4 Which law are you referring to?

@Alienbeing
The abortion law.

@Sierra4 AND, Federal Law still supersedes it.

@Alienbeing
That is what everybody thinks, but it is not reality in Texas and other places soon. SCOTUS did not stop it.

@Alienbeing Many states have legalized marijuana even though there is a Federal law against it. Texas is just ignoring Federal law with SCOTUS permission.

@Sierra4 There has to be a successful suit brought in Federal Court to stop most things that are against Federal law. Merely because the Dept of Justice didn't take up the task on itself means nothing.

@Sierra4 Yes, and at any time the Federal Gov can prosecute anyone who is in violation of that law, meaning anyone growing, selling or using pot. Merely because a law is not enforced does not mean it does not exist, or that it cannot suddenly, or uniquely be enforced.

@Sierra4 The Supreme court does not take action unless a suit is brought.

@Alienbeing You keep telling the how things are supposed to be. In Texas abortions have been illegal after six weeks since September. The state does not enforce it. Citizens can sue anyone they believe to have assisted in an abortions from a doctor to an Uber driver. No one has sued, but abortion providers will not do them because of the threat of a law suit. The reality is women who can are traveling to neighbor states who still allow them. The law and the threat of the death penalty are scare tactics that all authoritarian gov't use.

@Sierra4 I am NOT telling you "how things should be" I am telling you how the law works. Being stubborn will not change how the law works. If you want to challange the Texas law you can do it, although I can tell you there is a current challange working its way through the courts.

@Alienbeing
Thank you

What planet do you live on "counselor?" There are 6 catholics on the US Sup Ct ready to reverse Roe destroy Webster enable STATES RIGHTS AGAIN ...he is a CRIMINAL theocrat and his bill is prima facie evidence to make women chattel slaves AGAIN

@GreenAtheist First, I live on Earth. Second, how are you able to tell us how anyone on the Supreme Court will vote on any issue? There are countless examples of Justice's voting exactly the opposite of what is expeced.

I believe I already said the law in question is not Constitutional, as the Constitution is currently litigated, so why are you preachig to me about said law?

Last, I'll leave you with a dose of reality. When I was in Law School a Professor said "The Constitution says what the Supreme Court says it says". Obviously true because there is no fruther appeal possible.

Him first.

His mother should have swallowed.

And meanwhile, only 1% of accused rapists face any legal penalty.
And that includes those like that Stanford swimmer, who was sentenced to a few weeks because the judge had empathy for the "promising young man." The swimmer's father said his life shouldn't be ruined over a few minutes of "fun."

Welcome to the new United Soviet State of Texas.

There is a solid move to bring Christian Dominionism to the United States.
There are way too many people who salivate at the idea of being able to stone "sinners" to death in public square.

And probably soon to be the united soviet states of America. If or when the gop wins back the house, senate and presidency democracy will be forever changed.

@GrooshStar Jeez, when that happens you'll have Putin emigrating and applying for Citizenship.

@BufftonBeotch Well then, in my personal opinion here, the U.S. has been heading down that very road for decades already and NO-ONE has ever done a damned thing to try and stop it from happening.
IT so often seems that the U.S. is BIG on Bluster and Bossing everyone else in the world around but as weak as baby's piss when it comes to things in their own backyard.

Does he and his colleagues still claim to be "pro life"? I can't see how they could.

The state funds that would be used to prosecute these cases, as well as paying for the incarceration and numerous appeals before sentencing is carried out, would be better spend aiding children of disadvantaged parents or providing child care for low income parents so their earnings go to feeding and housing the child instead of babysitters. But Texas Republicans don't consider the life of a child valuable enough to care for them once they are here. No, they are to serve as punishment for having sex when one is poor, or when one is young. Life is more than getting cells to viability and out of a woman's uterus. If the state feels they can interfer with this part of a human's life, they should be fully prepared to pitch in with support for the rest of their young lives as well.

When has any Rethuglican ever accepted any responsibility for his or her own actions?

In a right winger's mind, once a kid is south of the vagina they are on their own.
Good luck kid. They'll be interested in you again once you get old enough to be ground into the prison for profit system.

I also think these types are pushing to such death penalties being carried out by forces outside the normal justice system.
Gallows being erected in every town square again and accusations, trials and death sentences being carried out over the course of the weekend as entertainment with picnics.

Texas home of Bible belt religion and state sanctioned murder

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 12, 2022

G Bush2 publicly mocking that woman who asked him to grant clemency from her death to life imprisonment.
He mocked her on TV "Please don't kill me!" Followed by that chuckle he has.

I cringed. He was still just a Governor then. He could have just let it silently sit without making it a vile, sick joke.
And then he became POTUS and we all know what happened.

@BufftonBeotch
And we all saw what respect he had for human, and what his priorities were.

Anyone who is pro abortion should move out of texass. Crazy people like him will try to do away with legal abortion.

They've already done that. Most women don't know they are pregnant at 6 weeks or even if they suspect would not be able to get the means to get an abortion in that time.
This law would declare anything that prevents a fertilized egg from attaching to be a homicide punishable by death.

It saddens me that such dangerous raving lunatics ever get into positions of power.

It started when the Reagan abolished the Fairness Doctrine which gave rise to things like FAUX SNUZ and Rust Limpballs and the hate radio hoards allowed to frack nonstop lies into the minds of the already dull-witted.

in my opinion this mofo has gone completely mad. He must be ate up with ideas of abortion being used as birth control. What a stupid clown!

These religio weirdos think all of the most effective means of birth control ARE abortion.
RU486, obviously. Birth control bill can stop an egg that gets through and gets fertilized from implanting same with the implants in the arm. IUD's also fertilized egg from implanting.
All the most reliable forms of birth control are what the right wing is coming after next.

β€œ The bill would also ban abortions at fertilization…”

So Texas would ban RU486? What about in vitro fertilization clinics? What century are we in? More evidence that the GOP has conceded its platform to religionists and church leaders!

Also birth control, because besides making fertilization less likely, it makes the womb lining much less likely to support an egg that is fertilized.
Basically any period may need to be investigated as a possible homicide.
I say women everywhere should send this man their used tampons and pads so he can personally inspect them as evidence.
After letting them ripen in hot environment first, of course.

The jerk knows it won't pass, he just wants to rev up his base. Whoops it's in Texas so it might pass!

Never sat never in this day and age.

Roe gets reversed the day Breyer retires Texas WILL pass this shit ....criminal theocrats just made jerks look human by comparison

So much for their claim of Right to Life! There is nothing in Texas but Bull Shit! Their entire government is a great big steaming pile of it, put there by the voters.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:655409
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.